Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Executive Officer Campaign 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 pepper61

Yogagirl34 wrote: »
    For anyone who got AGS -

I got placed in AGS and both of my Garda vetting trackers say application completed / disclosure viewed for the last week. Has anyone had this happen to them? Does this mean my clearance is completed (it’s only been about 2 weeks since I submitted them) Should I contact PAS or Garda HR about this or will I just wait it out? The waiting is killing me!!

My evetting was disclosed January 21st. Clearance department said i would hear from them when the special clearance was completed. Said April at the earliest.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Kittykat6

Hi I was assigned AGS 15/02/19 from 2018 panel batch 1 mi am a serving civil servant and I only had to complete one vetting form for AGS HR.it is now saying it's completed and has been viewed by HR.has anyone from the 2016 panel been placed and started with AGS? Can you tell me how long it takes to find out where you are going?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Mitchells33

Has anyone got a call for Waterford lately?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Emmz01

Has anyone else from Meath got their placement and start date?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Scotchie

Haven't heard a peep. I was batch 2.6 and wasnt given an order of merit for Waterford, but got placed 13 for the Kilkenny Panel (my 2nd choice for location). I queried it with PAS after a few months, and they said they hadn't reached my batch for Waterford yet :(

A friend of mine was given an order of merit of 1 for Waterford, and hasn't been called yet :(

Another friend placed no. 1 for Kilkenny in August 18, and only got called a few weeks ago :(

Slow going down the Sunny South East!

It's especially frustrating as I've heard there's lots of internal promotions in certain depts. from CO to EO. Those campaigns only started in 2018. :(:( "leapfrogged"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 Kilkennymum

Scotchie wrote: »

Haven't heard a peep. I was batch 2.6 and wasnt given an order of merit for Waterford, but got placed 13 for the Kilkenny Panel (my 2nd choice for location). I queried it with PAS after a few months, and they said they hadn't reached my batch for Waterford yet :(

A friend of mine was given an order of merit of 1 for Waterford, and hasn't been called yet :(

Another friend placed no. 1 for Kilkenny in August 18, and only got called a few weeks ago :(

Slow going down the Sunny South East!

It's especially frustrating as I've heard there's lots of internal promotions in certain depts. from CO to EO. Those campaigns only started in 2018. :(:( "leapfrogged"

So true really slow going in the Waterford and Kilkenny area.
    I think we are in the same batch 2.6..was not given an order if merit for Waterford as previous batches have not been placed. Had guessed this must be down to internal competitions.
    Could I ask is your friend who was on a panel in Kilkenny from the open or interdepartmental panel?
    I ask was I was placed second after interview last July 2018, and in September 2018 PAS contacted me to say I was next on interd but heard nothing since.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 nickidd

Would anyone be able to confirm eligibility under the Interdepartmental stream with 2 years CO experience, good PDMS, sick etc but only pass Leaving Cert with two HL subjects? Has anyone already been promoted with similar situation?
    TIA.

Jakeren7 wrote: »
    Interesting I’d like to know that too I’ve been told by PAS I’m down for dept of Justice I hope it’s not AGS

Did you find out which department you are assigned to ?

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Jakeren7

Emmz01 wrote: »

Dept of Justice have you heard anything yet.

Emmz01 wrote: »

Got my start date 19th March in Dept of Justice

• Advertisement

nickidd wrote: »
    Would anyone be able to confirm eligibility under the Interdepartmental stream with 2 years CO experience, good PDMS, sick etc but only pass Leaving Cert with two HL subjects? Has anyone already been promoted with similar situation?
    TIA.

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Sinus pain

TIA.

Anyone?

No you must have the qualifications required - they can’t have any variables because then you would have people with an excellent leaving cert with just under two years etc looking or some other variable and they have to have a cut off

Anyone?

If you have two years done as a CO you don’t need to have the Leaving cert results. Two years service qualifys you for the interdepartmental stream but you must have had the two years done when you applied for the competition

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭linpoo

TIA.

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Sinus pain

Apologies I wasn’t thinking about the interdepartmental not needing the leaving - I was thinking it was one of the requirements and you didn’t meet the requirement.

I got the OPW in Trim. I have to work notice so I’m starting 1st April

If you have two years done as a CO you don’t need to have the Leaving cert results. Two years service qualifys you for the interdepartmental stream but you must have had the two years done when you applied for the competition

Thanks, that is what I thought but reading the 2019 Job Spec from PAS it says LC higher level subjects for interdepartmental so I’m a bit worried, I have the 2 years +. Hopefully it’ll be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 SeanOS92

Congrats, When did you first begin Clearence?

SeanOS92 wrote: »
    Congrats, When did you first begin Clearence?

Hi
    12th February

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭m4r10

When you get called and informed they reached your number, did they tell you straight away what dept are you assigned to?
    Also, to go ahead with the clearance, are they asking for any new documents/forms to fill?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Penguin100

m4r10 wrote: »
    When you get called and informed they reached your number, did they tell you straight away what dept are you assigned to?
    Also, to go ahead with the clearance, are they asking for any new documents/forms to fill?

I got the call to say I was going through clearance last week and she told me where I was going. I didn’t need to give anything else although I am currently a CO but it was the open competition

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

m4r10 wrote: »

1. You get a call from PAS and accept the county you chose. (2 working days later I got another call to say that I had also made the panel on my second choice county, which I didn't accept as it is farther away).

2. Then you receive an email asking for:
    • completed original of the attached Health and Character Declaration form;
    • original Photo ID (or a certified copy) and proof of address to make up 100 points (as per pg 2 of Garda Vetting form, attached (to email));
    • original proof of qualification (or a certified copy);
    • contact details for a referee from your current employer

3. Send these in by post.

4. Then receive a link in your publicjobs.ie messages to the online Garda vetting website and fill in the forms there.

5. You'll then receive an email with the department where you will be working (while they await vetting result). :)

I'm currently being vetted and waiting to be given a start date (so I can give notice to my employer). I'm also anxiously waiting to find out the exact location where I'll be working. Fingers crossed it's close by. Cutting my current work commute would be a massive bonus.

BTW, I applied from outside public sector.

PS: You can go to your local Garda station and get them to photocopy your college qualification original and ID, which they will then stamp and sign, and you will then sign a declaration on the copy also. If sending in any original docs, they will be returned by registered post. I think that about covers it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Kilkennymum

Do any of you know if the panels expire the start or end of April?

Do any of you know if the panels expire the start or end of April?

30th April

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭hemijonson

Anyone know how long clearance takes? Got a call on the 26th Feb to say my number had been reached off the open and I needed to forward qualifications. Forwarded those on the Thursday and I've heard nothing since. I emailed last Thursday but no response yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 SeanOS92

It depends where you are going to be assigned to. Different departments/ agencies have different clearance times. for example i got the call that my number was reached back the 15th nov 18 and that i was being assigned to the AGS. I only completed clearance last friday. its similar with DOJ but some departments from understanding are only around 4 weeks.
    hemijonson wrote: »
    Anyone know how long clearance takes? Got a call on the 26th Feb to say my number had been reached off the open and I needed to forward qualifications. Forwarded those on the Thursday and I've heard nothing since. I emailed last Thursday but no response yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭hemijonson

SeanOS92 wrote: »
    It depends where you are going to be assigned to. Different departments/ agencies have different clearance times. for example i got the call that my number was reached back the 15th nov 18 and that i was being assigned to the AGS. I only completed clearance last friday. its similar with DOJ but some departments from understanding are only around 4 weeks.

Thanks for that. She didn't tell me where I was going. Just thought I might have got my certs back by now. Probably too impatient!

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Mala1313

Hi anyone know how many posts were filled from 2016 campaign for Clare or Galway?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Abbotsford5

Mala1313 wrote: »
    Hi anyone know how many posts were filled from 2016 campaign for Clare or Galway?

Don't know about Galway but I am on Clare and Limerick panel told recently 5 ahead of me and I am no 2 Batch 3.

Just got a call from clearance today re Limerick panel to say they have reached my no Batch No 3 #4. Awaiting information on where I am being assigned.

What batch are you for Clare or Galway?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭CandyCane_81

Do you know how many got hired from the open panel for Limerick?

Advertisement