Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Executive Officer Campaign 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41 leanneg1994

August2017 wrote: »
    Thanks for getting back to me I appreciate it. Do you know do all depts have flexi also or does it depend on dept also? Many thanks.

Flexible isn't guaranteed, varies between departments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 August2017

Flexible isn't guaranteed, varies between departments

Great to know as I just assumed flexi time arrangements were across the board with cs. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 leanneg1994

August2017 wrote: »
    Great to know as I just assumed flexi time arrangements were across the board with cs. Thanks.

No problem :)

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭marmieB

Best of luck full marx... hope it all works out for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Stephr85

Got my start date!!! 28th August!! Over the moon :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 SxQ2449

connectq wrote: »
    Does anyone know how salary increase works out going from CO to EO from interdepartmental panel, do we just go to the next pay scale on EO or do we go up two on the payscales?

It depends if the appointments are from the inter-d or the open panel, I am not 100% sure if the Interdepartmental stream of this campaign is considered a 'confined' competition or not (Like an internal promotion would be). My understanding of starting pay on promotion is as follows (open to correction)

Promotion through an open competition the options are A) First point of new scale or B) existing pay (including any accrued increment) whichever is more favorable

Through confined competition A) First point of new scale or B) existing pay (including any accrued increment) plus an immediate increment on the new scale whichever is more favorable

• Registered Users Posts: 22 MissDaytona

Anyone know what's happening with the first Cork batch or what number they're on? Has anyone been cleared and placed yet? I think I might be kind of high number-wise I'm not sure. I had an interview for a min wage job today that I think I might be getting and I'm just wondering because I'll need to take it for now if I'm gonna be waiting til next year to be processed for EO and even then I might not get thru.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Perth11

Anyone know what's happening with the first Cork batch or what number they're on? Has anyone been cleared and placed yet? I think I might be kind of high number-wise I'm not sure. I had an interview for a min wage job today that I think I might be getting and I'm just wondering because I'll need to take it for now if I'm gonna be waiting til next year to be processed for EO and even then I might not get thru.

Hi. I am in top ten for cork (open). I rang pas last friday and they said there were no requests for staff in cork at the moment.
    I hope that will change soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭radonicus

Will people starting under this or similar campaigns in the public sector receive the pay increases discussed on the news?

radonicus wrote: »
    Will people starting under this or similar campaigns in the public sector receive the pay increases discussed on the news?

Yeah the NRP new entrant scales are gone, they were merged with the standard scales in November 2013, so anyone joining the civil service after that are on the same scale as existing civil servants so as the restorations are applied everyone will receive the increase.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭80sbaby

Executive Officer
    Is this the current payscale?
    27,383 – 29,265 – 30,314 – 32,094 – 33,679 – 35,219 – 36,749 – 38,247 – 39,760 – 41,233 – 42,749 – 43,760 – 45,187¹ – 46,616²

80sbaby wrote: »
    Executive Officer
    Is this the current payscale?
    27,383 – 29,265 – 30,314 – 32,094 – 33,679 – 35,219 – 36,749 – 38,247 – 39,760 – 41,233 – 42,749 – 43,760 – 45,187¹ – 46,616²

That is the Pre 95 scale (anyone who joined the civil service before 1995 and are a B rate PRSI).

For anyone after 1995 the scale is
    €28,739 €30,712 €31,821 €33,687 €35,360 €36,977 €38,588 €40,166 €41,760 €43,311 €44,909 €45,967 €47,473¹ €48,975²

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭ezra_pound

yabadabado wrote: »
    Yes you get good Friday off .Flexi is 1.5 days per 4 week period so approx 18 days extra leave available to you if you decide to use the system.It can't be built up so must be used in following period .

In a year it's 19.5 days, surely.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Anna1976

Stephr85 wrote: »
    Got my start date!!! 28th August!! Over the moon :)
    Congratulations, do you mind me asking which region you are and when you first got the call about clearance. PAS called me Mon 31st July regarding clearance and I have not heard anything since. I am a serving CS so do not have to do garda vetting so I didn't think it would take this long, I'm starting to worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Jellytots82

ezra_pound wrote: »
    In a year it's 19.5 days, surely.

if you take 4 weeks holidays out of the 52 weeks of the year it works out at 18 days a year. you can't work up flexi time if you are not at work.

Have many people on the regional panels finished their clearance yet?

Anna1976 wrote: »
    Have many people on the regional panels finished their clearance yet?

Yep. I've just confirmed my start date is 28th

80sbaby wrote: »
    Yep. I've just confirmed my start date is 28th
    Congratulations, do you mind me asking what region you are and how long your clearance took?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭sierra117x

if you take 4 weeks holidays out of the 52 weeks of the year it works out at 18 days a year. you can't work up flexi time if you are not at work.

I see your point but not everyone takes entire months together. Flexi periods go across 4 weeks so you could take a week off and still work up a day and a half in your other 3 weeks

Congratulations, do you mind me asking what region you are and how long your clearance took?

It took just over a week, im in westmeath

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Stephr85

Congratulations, do you mind me asking which region you are and when you first got the call about clearance. PAS called me Mon 31st July regarding clearance and I have not heard anything since. I am a serving CS so do not have to do garda vetting so I didn't think it would take this long, I'm starting to worry.

Hi I'm Dublin Region and a serving CS too. Got my call on 27th July looking for reference (because I worked while on career break) and leaving cert results, then a call on 31st July to let me know where I was being assigned and then that dept contacted me last week.

Why don't you ring pas to follow up with them?

Give them a call they are very helpful. The person I was dealing with took a couple of days leave in between so it could be as straight forward as someone on holidays

• Registered Users Posts: 1 CPC1978

Hi Anna1976 I've never posted before but followed for a while now. I was contacted about clearance back in June and heard nothing since, I was worrying too so I called the PAS yesterday and they told me my clearance was due to be completed either today or early next week and I'd be positioned & called then. I was number 229 on the list by the way

Thanks for the advice everyone I'm going to phone PAS now, no point worrying about it for the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭bubblesforyou

Thanks for the advice everyone I'm going to phone PAS now, no point worrying about it for the weekend.
    Let us know how you get on :D

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭bubblesforyou

Another weekend of waiting and wondering .............................so frustrating. Hoping they ring me today with some glimmer of hope...........

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭jhdrum

I was called on 14 July and only got assigned today.My guy went on holiday for a week

Just rang and she said they have everything they need from me they are just waiting on a few things from there end.....no idea what that means? I asked how long it might take and she said she didn't know :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Optiplexy99

jhdrum wrote: »
    I was called on 14 July and only got assigned today.My guy went on holiday for a week

Apologises - Do you mind me asking where you are placed as in Region as was it from the EO open inter departmental panel

Thank you!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Optiplexy99

May I query if anyone on this open EO inter-departmental panel has been place in Revenue?
    If so what Regions please? And/or panel number you were placed?

I'm looking at the Tipperary/Limerick/Kilkenny regions (Not necessairly Revenue but it is 1 of the dept's available here )

Thanks a mill!!!!!!!

Advertisement