Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Executive Officer Campaign 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Jakeren7

audrey2014 wrote: »
    My friend is waiting for Tipp. I've withdrawn I was 7 interdepartmental and 15 open, if that helps anyone. It's silly they made us go all the way to Dublin[/quote

Sorry what do you mean by withdrawn, you’ve pulled out of the panel?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭audrey2014

Jakeren7 wrote: »
    audrey2014 wrote: »
    My friend is waiting for Tipp. I've withdrawn I was 7 interdepartmental and 15 open, if that helps anyone. It's silly they made us go all the way to Dublin[/quote

Sorry what do you mean by withdrawn, you’ve pulled out of the panel?
    Thanks

Got called from another panel so I suppose if they call I can tell them then....

• Registered Users Posts: 33 edelweiss

Doesn’t make sense, if people failed some part of the clearance process how are they back on the panel they should be removed.
    It’s mad I’m number 1 on my batch 5.1 and heard nothing and where I work are looking for three EO’s I can’t understand why it’s taking so long

I'm guessing that they must have failed the vetting for posts with AGS. This vetting is much more extensive than that required for an EO in other Depts. and can take from three to five months to complete.

I think a poster mentioned on this thread, that having failed vetting for AGS s/he could be offered a post in another Dept.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

Departments looking for Eo's or any other grade is far different than a Department being sanctioned to fill a vacancy.

Local management may say yes we want 3 EOs etc but each Department has a quota of staff plus a wage budget that they have to work within. Business cases have to put put forward in some cases for vacancis to be filled too, senior management can just say work with what you have. So vacancies/empty desks that may exist may never be filled for one reason or another.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭3ke6pn2v0zwsi7

Has anyone heard if a new Executive Officer Competition will be held this year? I think the panel for this Comp runs out in April

• Advertisement

Ninthlife wrote: »
    Departments looking for Eo's or any other grade is far different than a Department being sanctioned to fill a vacancy.

Local management may say yes we want 3 EOs etc but each Department has a quota of staff plus a wage budget that they have to work within. Business cases have to put put forward in some cases for vacancis to be filled too, senior management can just say work with what you have. So vacancies/empty desks that may exist may never be filled for one reason or another.

The dept has it in with PAS for EO’s it has all been approved

Has anyone heard if a new Executive Officer Competition will be held this year? I think the panel for this Comp runs out in April

There was one advertised last month

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Kiwi5449

Anyone hear anything from batch 5.1 for any county. Thanks

I got a call from PAS this evening for clearance for Laois and Kildare so there’s movement on those regions anyway

Kiwi5449 wrote: »
    I got a call from PAS this evening for clearance for Laois and Kildare so there’s movement on those regions anyway

That’s good to know there looking at batch 5.1 in some regions. Are you already a civil servant can I ask

• Registered Users Posts: 15 roses_blue

Well that’s positive,glad to know something is happening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Is there an Executive Officer campaign open at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Penguin100

Do you mind me asking what number you are on the Kildare panel?

Penguin100 wrote: »
    Do you mind me asking what number you are on the Kildare panel?

I was 6 on the open panel for Kildare

What batch are you please

Thanks, I emailed PAS last week to see how the numbers were going but I haven't heard back.

What batch are you please

Best to ring them I think! I won’t be taking the Kildare position if that makes any odds to you based on your OOM

I'm high teens so not even sure they will get to me before April but here's hoping.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 casher12345

Hi Do you mind me asking what number you are for Laoise?

Best to ring them I think! I won’t be taking the Kildare position if that makes any odds to you based on your OOM

Do you mind me asking what number in OOM you are for Laois please?

Hi Do you mind me asking what number you are for Laoise?

4 on open

• Advertisement

Just got email from PAS for Meath region I’m going through clearance I’m batch 5.1

Just got email from PAS for Meath region I’m going through clearance I’m batch 5.1

Thats good news.Are you an exisiting civil servant?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Abbotsford5

That is good to hear that there is some movement in some late panels. Anyone called for Limerick or Clare batch 3 yet?

Thats good news.Are you an exisiting civil servant?

Ye I am

• Registered Users Posts: 33 edelweiss

Congratulations! Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Emmz01

Got my email last night too. Great to see some movement

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Cokkini

Hi, do they email or do you get a notification to your public jobs account?

Cokkini wrote: »
    Hi, do they email or do you get a notification to your public jobs account?

You get an email from clearance in PAS

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Cokkini

You get an email from clearance in PAS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 roses_blue

Does anyone have any idea how long interdepartmental clearance usually takes?

Advertisement