Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Executive Officer Campaign 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭eimaj18

Does anyone know what the pass mark is? I found the test fine but I messed up as I was distracted!

Unfortunately you don't find out until the results come out. It depends on all of our actual results, if you know what I mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Jakeren7

Jakeren7 wrote: »
    U can do the practice and then go back in later and do the test cause I've just done it

No bother u can do the practice test as many times as u want

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

Are the only practice options available for the Verbal Reasoning the 8 questions along side the test? And do you have to do the actual VR test before you can practice the Numerical Reasoning questions?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,190 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Done! Not confident at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

A straight question - can we do the practice on the real test link and go back later...say 24 hours later ? I know Jakeren has answered that (and thanks btw) but a second opinion would make me more confident.

9 pm: Appears you can for the VR. The numerical practice seems locked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭eroc79

Glad to have them done. Probably passed but don't think I'll score high enough to move forward. Best of luck to everyone else doing these tests.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭misslemon

eroc79 wrote: »
    Glad to have them done. Probably passed but don't think I'll score high enough to move forward. Best of luck to everyone else doing these tests.

I'd say it's a relief to have them done. I keep putting them off which isn't helpful...I have it hanging over me! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Butterfly182

How long do you think that we will be waiting for results? Found the verbal test easy enough, the numerical one was tricky in places so I'm not overly hopeful either.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭caarp

Hi everyone.  I just completed both the practice and actual tests.  I have to say, the practice tests are a lot harder than the actual tests themselves.  Well, at least, it appeared that way to me!  Just wanted to throw this out there in case anyone is feeling a little nervous if they've done the practice and not the actual tests yet.  Good luck to us all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

caarp wrote: »
    Hi everyone.  I just completed both the practice and actual tests.  I have to say, the practice tests are a lot harder than the actual tests themselves.  Well, at least, it appeared that way to me!  Just wanted to throw this out there in case anyone is feeling a little nervous if they've done the practice and not the actual tests yet.  Good luck to us all.

Completing them at half five on a Saturday night....impressive!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭caarp

JeffKenna wrote: »
    caarp wrote: »

Completing them at half five on a Saturday night....impressive!
    Preparing myself for a lifetime of unpaid weekend EO overtime work crap!
    Nah, it's actually 930 pm where I am.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Jakeren7

A straight question - can we do the practice on the real test link and go back later...say 24 hours later ? I know Jakeren has answered that (and thanks btw) but a second opinion would make me more confident.

9 pm: Appears you can for the VR. The numerical practice seems locked.

You will have to do the actual test for verbal reasoning n then u will be able to do the practice for the numerical

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Finally worked up the courage to do these tests this morning. (didn't realise there was more practice ones with actual test)

They were definitely easier than last weeks practice ones although I did panic over a couple of the numeric ones only to realise it was far simpler than I thought. Didn't get the last couple done! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Did them Friday eve, just did them, no fcuks given, its done

Done. Not the nightmare I was expecting. Good luck to you all. The pub beckons.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭80sbaby

Would you agree that in the tests where it uses the word 'some' or even 'the majority' instead of 'all' in the paragraph, then the answer has to be can not say? Because you have to have absolute specific info or all information/reports to give a definite true it false?

For eg the Greenland question in the practice tests even though you know the answer is false, it isn't absolutely false in the paragraph provided, so you have to say can not say?
    Seems to be alot of 'can not say' answers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭doc11

did everyone complete both sets? caught short slightly on both, harder then the 8 practice questions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭juncert

Do you need a calculator for the numerical ? just wondering if I need to have one at hand.TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Conqueror

juncert wrote: »
    Do you need a calculator for the numerical ? just wondering if I need to have one at hand.TIA
    You don't *need* a calculator, but you will get through the questions much faster if you have one.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭eroc79

doc11 wrote: »
    did everyone complete both sets? caught short slightly on both, harder then the 8 practice questions

Had time left with the verbal and guessed the last 2 in numeric when I had only seconds left

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Done. Not the nightmare I was expecting. Good luck to you all. The pub beckons.

Felt the same. I really panicked myself about these tests, did a good bit of research and practice. Found the tests quite easy, especially most of the numerical, compared to the SHL website practice tests.

Had to guess last answer in both as I almost ran out of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Bah. I found them harder than the bloody APO ones a few weeks ago. Just didn't perform. Only got 15 of the 18 numerical ones done cos I doubted myself a few times.

Ah well. All practise! Good luck to all those who are yet to do them.

juncert wrote: »

Yes. I bought a €3 yoke in a pound shop on Friday. It served me well.

I used a mobile (didn't work out to well)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

doc11 wrote: »
    I used a mobile (didn't work out to well)
    I'm sure you already know but if you're called to the verification test, you won't be allowed to use the calculator on your phone.

Wheety wrote: »
    I'm sure you already know but if you're called to the verification test, you won't be allowed to use the calculator on your phone.

Yeah,I wish I had a proper calculator far easier to work with then an app.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Reckon we'll be waiting long to hear anything once online exam is done?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭PurvesGrundy

I am finding the practice numerical sh1t hard. Not looking good for when I do the real thing tomorrow.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭greenb

I am finding the practice numerical sh1t hard. Not looking good for when I do the real thing tomorrow.:(

Real thing is easier than the practice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

The practice tests on the SHL website? They bare no resemblance to our tests, ours are much easier :)

Advertisement