Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Executive Officer Campaign 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 meandmymonkey

Done. Glad to have it done.
    I wasn't sure about the email either so left it as it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭eroc79

Folks,

When you click the link to do the second part of the exam (Verbal & Numerical) and the person details screen comes up, it has auto populated with my candidate number as an e-mail address. I changed it to my own personal E-Mail address, did i do right or make a mistake????

I left it as I assumed it's the email address used by pas to set up an shl profile for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭ilovethistles

I also left it as it was, but freaked afterwards wondering should I have changed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

The whole thing is the devil I tell ya

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Hopefully, we wont be waiting too long to hear the results

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭VONSHIRACH

Monife wrote: »
    Depends which practice ones you're talking about... The practice tests on the SHL website are ridiculously hard

If you practise hard questions then the real test will be much easier. I found the verbal ok and had at least 5 mins to spare, also a few mins to spare in the numerical.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭baba_bear

I changed the email details to my own too - fingers crossed it doesn't cause any problems down the line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Danielle D

baba_bear wrote:
    I changed the email details to my own too - fingers crossed it doesn't cause any problems down the line.

Me too, freaking out a bit now about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Tpau

Just completed both online tests now. I found the practice samples much more difficult. I was putting it off and just ploughed ahead taking a short break between the verbal and numerical tests. Best of luck everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Mr. FoggPatches

The email address that appears on that screen is your candidate ID @ public jobs or pas.ie if memory serves me correct. I think it links to your message inbox on public jobs.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Full Marx

Danielle D wrote: »
    I did that too :( I was thinking what the **** are those random numbers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭PurvesGrundy

Just finished now. I ran out of time for the numerical and missed the final two questions, but managed to complete the prior test.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Sarahsan

Just finished. Much easier than the practice ones for sure, but I know I made quite a few mistakes and rushed at the end :( Not too optimistic but hopeful all the same. Hopefully it won't be too long until we get the results. Good luck everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭monday monday

I changed the email too.:eek: ive just emailed PAS to make sure this wont cause problems.
    I found the numerical ok. I found the verbal much harder. like someone said before found it difficult to pick between false and cannot say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Danielle D

I changed the email too. ive just emailed PAS to make sure this wont cause problems. I found the numerical ok. I found the verbal much harder. like someone said before found it difficult to pick between false and cannot say.

Will you let us know if you hear back, might give them a call in the morning just to check. Getting worried now!

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭SunshineKid

Ooops!! I also changed the email address to my own. Freaking out now too!!

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭monday monday

Will you let us know if you hear back, might give them a call in the morning just to check. Getting worried now!

I sure will.

I found the verbal easy but found the numerical very hard and slow going.. ended up randomly guessing a few at the end as I ran out of time, would I have been better letting the time expire? Oh well.

Good luck everyone but I think I messed up the maths ones badly... got 2/3 right maybe but took far too long on them and probably got the final third all wrong. Maths has never been my strong suit at all. I'm capable but it takes me a long time. Bit disheartened now.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭eimaj18

Full Marx wrote: »
    I found the verbal easy but found the numerical very hard and slow going.. ended up randomly guessing a few at the end as I ran out of time, would I have been better letting the time expire? Oh well.

Good luck everyone but I think I messed up the maths ones badly... got 2/3 right maybe but took far too long on them and probably got the final third all wrong. Maths has never been my strong suit at all. I'm capable but it takes me a long time. Bit disheartened now.
    Don't be disheartened. Most of the time you just need to pass the numerical. Looking back on some of my scores, you just needed approx 350 marks out of 800, so it's not too hard to get. Maths not my forté at all, but I have passed every time I've done them. Don't worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭etar

I changed mine too :-(

• Advertisement

eimaj77 wrote: »
    Don't be disheartened. Most of the time you just need to pass the numerical. Looking back on some of my scores, you just needed approx 350 marks out of 800, so it's not too hard to get. Maths not my forté at all, but I have passed every time I've done them. Don't worry.
    Thank you. Fingers crossed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭franklyon

passed the verbal easy enough, made a complete balls of the numerical. :o guessed the last 5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

LirW wrote: »
    Did it yesterday evening, I don't think I did too bad.
    Just on a sidenote, while I was doing the numerical, my boy woke up and went in and was quite upset that I send him out again :rolleyes:

I'm calling social services and reporting you ;)

I just told mine to go back to bed!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭PopTarts

The email address that appears on that screen is your candidate ID @ public jobs or pas.ie if memory serves me correct. I think it links to your message inbox on public jobs.ie

Mine was @shl.co.uk

:o

franklyon wrote: »
    passed the verbal easy enough, made a complete balls of the numerical. :o guessed the last 5
    Same as me haha but you never know

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

The email in the info section after logging in was your candidate number@shl.com. Did anyone else change that or was it meant to be left alone?

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭archie199

Just completed it... I thought the verbal was tricky in parts, I really don't know how I scored! I thought the numerical was easy, scored highly there. Fingers crossed. It's a lottery now! Hopefully we won't have to wait too long for results

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Sorry all, hadn't gone a page back where you mention the email thing. I'm not the only one who changed it so. I only did cos my username and password were coming up as invalid so i clicked on the forgot password but sure that would've been sent to that email. Anyway it worked after that

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Tipp star

Do you get a confirmation e-mail after finishing? Got quiet flustered after the numerical, and I think i just closed the page😳.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Tipp star wrote: »
    Do you get a confirmation e-mail after finishing? Got quiet flustered after the numerical, and I think i just closed the page😳.

Use the details to log in again and check if it says completed ?

Advertisement