Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Executive Officer Campaign 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭misslemon

Those who have completed actual tests, can you say if they were similar to practice ones?? They are a lot more difficult than ones for AO!! :O

I haven't completed the actual tests, I'm far too scared.

I can't believe how difficult this brand of tests are! I thought the cut-e tests for AO were bad enough, but holy God and all the angels and saints these are worse! :eek:

God I miss the halcyon days of Saville tests.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

Anybody else having difficulty opening the numerical reasoning part of the test? Cant open the practice or the test, the verbal reasoning part is working fine

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭ilovethistles

phatkev wrote: »
    Anybody else having difficulty opening the numerical reasoning part of the test? Cant open the practice or the test, the verbal reasoning part is working fine

No, mine opened fine, but that was hard!!! :(
    Maybe send them an email

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Monife wrote: »
    I emailed PAS to ask if they are treating the numerical scores the same as the last competition (where you just have to pass, but the score is not taken into account when determining your panel number) and I got the below joke of a response!

How is that fair or transparent? If we knew beforehand, we could spend less time preparing for the numerical and more time on the verbal. It's also really annoying because I do much better in the numerical tests.

This is how they've always done it. For the last few the score didn't count. I doubt they will change that but they can if they need to.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭greenb

Wheety wrote: »
    This is how they've always done it. For the last few the score didn't count. I doubt they will change that but they can if they need to.

What determines your place in the panel if the score doesn't count? Do you mean how well you do in these tests doesn't matter so long as you pass?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭eroc79

greenb wrote: »
    What determines your place in the panel if the score doesn't count? Do you mean how well you do in these tests doesn't matter so long as you pass?

Last time each part was marked out of 800 but it was only the verbal and questionnaire that were used to determine your placing.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭eimaj18

eroc79 wrote: »
    greenb wrote: »

Last time each part was marked out of 800 but it was only the verbal and questionnaire that were used to determine your placing.

Yes that was the same in the recent HEO. I can't imagine them changing, although they could.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

I did one of the SHL mock tests earlier this week that were also timed and found them extremely difficult, so much so I wondered was there any point in me doing the actual PAS tests today. However, I found today's official tests (both the practice and actual tests) much less difficult (still challenging though!!). I was still caught for time in both verbal and reasoning and missed out on being able to answer the last set of questions (3) for both.

[Removed]

ongarboy wrote: »
    I did one of the SHL mock tests earlier this week that were also timed and found them extremely difficult, so much so I wondered was there any point in me doing the actual PAS tests today. However, I found today's official tests (both the practice and actual tests) much less difficult (still challenging though!!). I was still caught for time in both verbal and reasoning and missed out on being able to answer the last set of questions (3) for both.

[Removed]

[Removed] I feel I did ok in the verbal, but will be lucky to pass the numerical... I had quite a few cannot say in numerical

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Did you think there were a lot of cannot say ones in the numerical? I feel I did ok in the verbal, but will be lucky to pass the numerical... I had quite a few cannot say in numerical

I think I found only one or two in Numerical. In Verbal, I was never sure if False or Cannot say were the right answer and I didn't want to take too long deliberating as the clock ticked.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭partay pooper

ok logged in to do the test it asked me changed the password, now there is no test there.....seriously pissed off

Another question... did everyone have to confirm their personal details? I added gender, age etc. But the email address they had for me was a SHL one, i didn't change it to my gmail as I assumed this was their own internal thing.. now I'm not so sure? Should I have changed it?

Ugh! These tests!! :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Do you have to register yourself to do the practice ones?

py2006 wrote: »
    Do you have to register yourself to do the practice ones?

Yep you do. I work in data protection so it bothers me more than it should.

misslemon wrote: »
    Yep you do. I work in data protection so it bothers me more than it should.

Is this the part where I confirmed my personal details? Do you know if I should have put my correct email address?

Should I email PAS about it do you think? Sorry for all the questions, I'm just worried now 😞

Is this the part where I confirmed my personal details? Do you know if I should have put my correct email address?

Should I email PAS about it do you think? Sorry for all the questions, I'm just worried now 😞

I'm talking about the practice tests, I'm not sure about the actual tests themselves. No harm giving PAS a call if you're worried - they're really nice and it might put your mind at rest ;)

If the time I spent on the first 3 practice questions is any indication I may as well give up now

If the time I spent on the first 3 practice questions is any indication I may as well give up now

Don't give up. We're all finding them hard which is a good sign, and we're all marked against each other so that's all that counts.

misslemon wrote: »
    Don't give up. We're all finding them hard which is a good sign, and we're all marked against each other so that's all that counts.

I did appallingly and only got about 10 done.

If I was still at school I would have done better. If there was a longer timeframe I would have done better maybe!

I did appallingly and only got about 10 done.

If I was still at school I would have done better. If there was a longer timeframe I would have done better maybe!

I agree with misslemon, don't give up, we're all in the same boat... the trouble is there is such a fine line between scoring well or not... it could be one or two wrong answers that swings it.

• Advertisement

Hi all, got te test done.

I did all the verbal ones in the time, but only 16/18 in the numerical....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Is the Verbal or Numerical first

Is the Verbal or Numerical first

verbal

Hi all, got te test done.

I did all the verbal ones in the time, but only 16/18 in the numerical....

Well done! How did they compare to practice ones in terms of difficulty?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭baba_bear

I'm in the same boat as you py2006 - the numerical reasoning questions are way more difficult than the ones for the AO campaign. I'm disillusioned. It's going to be a long weekend of practice runs. . .

baba_bear wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat as you py2006 - the numerical reasoning questions are way more difficult than the ones for the AO campaign. I'm disillusioned. It's going to be a long weekend of practice runs. . .

Think you are right, I was going to do mine today but I think I will leave it for a couple days. With the practice one, my hands were shaking and I was getting panicky as I was spending too much time on each question and not certain I was right.

Well done! How did they compare to practice ones in terms of difficulty?
    I got all numerical right on the practice and 1 incorrect on the verbal

I got all numerical right on the practice and 1 incorrect on the verbal

Jaysus. You really are a partay pooper! Fair play!

Have you done a lot of these type of tests before?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭baba_bear

We'll get there py2006. I'm going to hit the Rescue Remedy for the real tests and keep doing sample tests in the mean time! Best of luck to everyone :-)

• Advertisement

Jaysus. You really are a partay pooper! Fair play!

Have you done a lot of these type of tests before?
    Yes, but failed last EO one, I found the verbal test somewhat confusing for one or two, and the numerical straight forward.

Advertisement