Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Executive Officer Campaign 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Areas

I changed the e-mail address as well. I didn't get any confirmation e-mail. Were we meant to get one?

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Sparkles27

I changed the email address too and then had a bit of a freaker yesterday so I rang PAS and they told me it's fine either way so panic over :)

Areas wrote: »
    I changed the e-mail address as well. I didn't get any confirmation e-mail. Were we meant to get one?

No, we weren't meant to get a confirmation email. If you log in again you'll see that they say completed.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Catuohy89

Hello,

Did my online tests last night. I think the verbal was okay. Did anyone else think the first ones in the numerical were there to catch you out or was that just me?

Raging it went so badly :( Here's hoping for an internal competition lol

• Registered Users Posts: 15 blackstar72

The Numerical was before the Verbal when I logged in so I did Numerical first and then Verbal. Both had the tick beside them after saying I completed them. Is this ok?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭misslemon

Finally finished! Wish I could have got it over sooner but I was dying with a Superbowl induced hangover yesterday - not the best time to deal with spreadsheets and figures!

Weirdly even though the practice tests were harder for EO than AO, I found the actual tests easier than the AO competition. I left one unanswered on numerical, but I'm hoping that's pass only and won't scupper my chances too much.

Now for the waiting! ;)

The Numerical was before the Verbal when I logged in so I did Numerical first and then Verbal. Both had the tick beside them after saying I completed them. Is this ok?

Yep, that's what I have anyway! Two big green ticks ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭osullic

Finally finished. Was panicking I wouldn't get done before the deadline. I found I didn't have enough time to complete the last question on the numerical exam but had 4 mins to spare on the verbal which is unusual for me as numerical is usually my strongest.

Good luck to everyone.

Now the waiting begins.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭archie199

osullic wrote: »
    Finally finished. Was panicking I wouldn't get done before the deadline. I found I didn't have enough time to complete the last question on the numerical exam but had 4 mins to spare on the verbal which is unusual for me as numerical is usually my strongest.

Good luck to everyone.

Now the waiting begins.

I was the opposite, I had 3 mins to spare with the numerical, thought it was fine. I had to guess the last three verbal questions, ran out of time. What mark do you think will be needed in the verbal to proceed to the supervised aptitude tests?? I really don't know how it went, 50-50 now. It's in the lap of the gods!

They base the pass rate on how we all score. That could be 5 out of 30 or 25 out of 30 depending on how we all did. There's no set in stone score we have to reach.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Mc4hire

Regarding the Email changing issue.

I have heard that if you did change it to your own Email it is ok. The testing company may just be gathering contacts for research and whatever other innocent purpose they might have.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭sinny65

Phew, just finished in the nick of time. Found the verbal ones fine but panicked a bit in the numerical my calculator packed in, not sure how I got on in that one

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭monday monday

Danielle D wrote: »
    Will you let us know if you hear back, might give them a call in the morning just to check. Getting worried now!

Hi xxxx,

Thank you for your email.

That’s no problem at all. The email address entered will not have any impact on your tests and further communication will be sent to your Publicjobs.ie Message Board as usual.
    Kind regards,
    Andrea
    Andrea Wilson
    Large Volume Recruitment

changing the email nothing to worry about so

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

I was really panicking about the maths after the SHL practice tests, but the actual practice tests gave me a little bit of confidence. There were about 3 questions I just had to make a stab at and hope for the best, but happier overall after the tests than I was before it.

Now the waiting begins!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Sarahsan

Kind of a silly question really as no on knows the answer, but does anyone have any kind of experience of these tests and how long it takes to get the results?
    I know I didn't perform anywhere near as well as I could/should have so absolutely kicking myself and dying to know if I'm in with any kind of a chance...I suppose we are all dying to know!!
    I wish you all the best and thanks to everyone for sharing their experiences so far :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Sid_1

If the last one was anything to go by I reckon it will take about 2-3 weeks before we hear anything back.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Did I read that there are more tests after this for those successful? I assumed it was an interview next?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Supervised tests

py2006 wrote: »
    Did I read that there are more tests after this for those successful? I assumed it was an interview next?

There will be another round of tests but they will be supervised.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

You have to do the verbal and numerical again if you qualify from the stage that closed today.That stage is supervised tests in PAS building in Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭eroc79

Sarahsan wrote: »
    Kind of a silly question really as no on knows the answer, but does anyone have any kind of experience of these tests and how long it takes to get the results?
    I know I didn't perform anywhere near as well as I could/should have so absolutely kicking myself and dying to know if I'm in with any kind of a chance...I suppose we are all dying to know!!
    I wish you all the best and thanks to everyone for sharing their experiences so far :)

Last time closing for stage b, was Feb 12 and the results were out by the 26 feb

yabadabado wrote: »
    You have to do the verbal and numerical again if you qualify from the stage that closed today.That stage is supervised tests in PAS building in Dublin.

Same test again? That doesn't make sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭doc11

why not, sure anyone could do your home tests and how would they know. They won't be the exact same.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭BRYAN Is Ainm Dom

It won't be the exact same test.

doc11 wrote: »
    why not, sure anyone could do your home tests and how would they know. They won't be the exact same.

I understand.

Would make sense just to have the supervised tests.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭sureitsgrand

I understand.

Would make sense just to have the supervised tests.

They did that in the past. In the RDS. The preliminary online tests are a cost-saving measure.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

similar type but not the exact same questions.

Its a bit of a joke situation,you have to do numerical and verbal twice and situational once.
    Numerical just needs a pass and doesnt effect your final score but the situational isn't tested again and does go towards your placing.

I realise they are done this way to save money but there has to be a better system.I don't see why they won't time the situational test and have it as a supervised test again.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭sinny65

It won't be the exact same test.

I sat the clerical officer ones a few months back and could have sworn it was the same as the one we did at home

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭eroc79

sinny65 wrote: »
    I sat the clerical officer ones a few months back and could have sworn it was the same as the one we did at home

Could have been. We didn't all get the same test. Think they have a batch of questions that get sent out randomly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

doc11 wrote: »

And of course, it will only be those that reached the decided benchmark ( most correct answers) that may be called to the supervised exams. It's a good way of filtering out those who got someone else to do the tests for them online. The information pack said that if there is a marked difference (ie much poorer result) in the supervised exam compared to your online exam, you won't be considered for the next stage (ie interview stage).

Taken from the information pack email we received on 27/1/17.

Please note that while candidates complete these assessments online in an unsupervised environment, those who qualify and are placed highest on the order of merit may be required to sit similar tests in a supervised environment at a later stage in the process. If a candidate’s performance at a supervised test is outside the expected scoring range from their unsupervised test, they may be excluded from subsequent stages of the selection process.

Advertisement