Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Last Of Us 2

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,907 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Either Neil is really trying to defend Jeff from online abuse for a bad take or he's going after Jason for the story on the his studio.... Or maybe a bit of both.

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1272246006743261185?s=19

What I see there is Bob Mackey calling out some really ****ty writing (It's the citizen Kane/Schindlers list of is terrible writing). I think Neil is taking it as an attack the game and not the actually reviewer. I follow Bob Mackey and he is definitely criticising the review there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

The big question is how are ND making so much money if they are paying for all theses high scoring reviews. Are they the next Enron? Will it be explored in more detail during the game?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

To be honest, screw everyone who is bringing this sh1t down for all these ridiculous, overly dramatic, selfish reasons. The game media have spoken, and they have said it is amazing.

Let's be honest, everything is sh1t right now. I've been looking forward to this game for fecķin ages. The first was one of the best games I ever played. I'm just pissed they didn't rush the damn release to give everyone some bloody relief. We had the time before, now it will be an indulgence.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭tglynn

Cheapest place to pre-order??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

tglynn wrote: »
    Cheapest place to pre-order??

It was Smyths but they've stopped taking orders...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭tglynn

Damn, had pre-ordered with Amazon 3 years ago but just went to change my delivery address and they wouldn't allow me! price has gone up £5 since so out of spite i want to order elsewhere :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,509 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Would people reckon we are looking at Penny's opening last week style queues on Friday at Smyths?

I have mine pre-ordered and trying to work out whether to head there for 10am or wait until later in the day.

What are the queues like for Smyths normally (well normally during this pandemic!)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Would people reckon we are looking at Penny's opening last week style queues on Friday at Smyths?

I have mine pre-ordered and trying to work out whether to head there for 10am or wait until later in the day.

What are the queues like for Smyths normally (well normally during this pandemic!)

Drove past on Saturday around lunch time and there was a queue outside but only maybe 5 or 6 people. So at most I'd say you would have a 5 mins wait.

Drove past on Saturday around lunch time and there was a queue outside but only maybe 5 or 6 people. So at most I'd say you would have a 5 mins wait.

For the click and collect do you normally just present them with the order number? It's been a while since I collected anything from Smyths. Presumably I could hand the order number to someone at the door. I'm not looking to get into the shop to browse...

Leroy42 wrote: »

There's no way there's going to be that style of queueing for the game...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,187 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I’ve seen mad (albeit fast-moving) queues in Smyth’s Jervis Street in the last few years - pretty sure it was for RDR2. But yeah normally it’s grand, and you can just wander in whenever. Obviously circumstances different at the moment, but would be surprised if the queues were particularly long beyond the social distancing demands.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Where are we buying Indonesian PSN cards? The game itself is cheap on their store but to get enough credit to buy it makes it more expensive than our own store!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

.G. wrote: »
    Where are we buying Indonesian PSN cards? The game itself is cheap on their store but to get enough credit to buy it makes it more expensive than our own store!

Use revolut virtual disposable card or buy cards from seagm

Thought any payment method had to have an Indonesian address associated with it. I was trying to see who much it would cost in euros on my Revolut account and their currency wasn't even listed! Seagm works out at 61 euro for enough credit to buy it. A premium to get it early I suppose!

Thought any payment method had to have an Indonesian address associated with it. I was trying to see who much it would cost in euros on my Revolut account and their currency wasn't even listed! Seagm works out at 61 euro for enough credit to buy it. A premium to get it early I suppose!

You just enter random address in Indonesia when you enter revolut card details on PSN store. You have to use disposable virtual card

You just enter random address in Indonesia when you enter revolut card details on PSN store. You have to use disposable virtual card

Yeah just did it there. Worked a treat. Ta very much.
    Not available for pre download until the 18th it says.

Yeah just did it there. Worked a treat. Ta very much.
    Not available for pre download until the 18th it says.

You can preload it now, I bought it from same store over an hour ago and could download straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

You can preload it now, I bought it from same store over an hour ago and could download straight away.

What’s it cost going Indonesia route?

Yeah worked out at €51.90 for me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Lads is anywhere still taking preorders for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,754 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

€69.99 @ Gameshtop. Delivery only.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,554 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Shopto for 48.50

https://www.shopto.net/en/ps4la06-the-last-of-us-part-ii-p61768/

Gamestop for 70

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Zero-Cool wrote: »

How are they for posting? Any chance of having it Friday?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,554 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

JPA wrote: »
    How are they for posting? Any chance of having it Friday?

I only used them once and got ff7 a week early but they were different circumstances. Not sure what they're like with regular shipments.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭BruteStock

Alanah Pearce said she struggled to find a connection with the new characters and the overall experience wasn't a lot of fun. I suppose you could argue its not meant to be fun , but I had a good time with the first game so Im not sure if "not being fun" could be classified as a positive note.

Im just looking forward to community feedback now along with reviews from Angry Joe , Yong etc. I thought Yea would have gotten a review copy. He seems like the honest type who tells it like it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

BruteStock wrote: »
    Alanah Pearce said she struggled to find a connection with the new characters and the overall experience wasn't a lot of fun. I suppose you could argue its not meant to be fun , but I had a good time with the first game so Im not sure if "not being fun" could be classified as a positive note.

Im just looking forward to community feedback now along with reviews from Angry Joe , Yong etc. I thought Yea would have gotten a review copy. He seems like the honest type who tells it like it is.

Let's be honest isn't Yong basically stealing Jim Sterling's lunch and regurgitating it a day after Jim uploads videos on the topic. OUTRAGED over the exact same things a day or two later than when Sterling has mentioned it. I'd guarantee Yong has never played any of these games he gets wound up about.
    I'm not a big fan of either but its so blatantly obvious if you look at their uploads.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

This is really good.

Really slow, really layering it on and building slowly. I continuously want to keep playing. I sit down to play for 30 mins and next thing I know 3 hours have wizard by.

Some genuine jump scares. Not the cheap kind where something loud jumps out. But the kind of ones where you half see something just run past you in the shadows and you do that little tippy tap dance with your feet.

I think the toning down of the "puzzles" is a good thing. There's still lots to figure out but it is more realistic. Generally you are trying to get over a wall or
    in a window to look for supplies. It kinda makes sense.

Still really enjoying it. A little over half way through now.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,118 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Toning down of puzzles? Was there puzzles in the first game?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,993 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

J. Marston wrote: »
    Toning down of puzzles? Was there puzzles in the first game?

Can't recall any. Nothing too puzzling anyway.

It was a completely linier by the numbers game really. There was certainly nothing taxing about it.

Advertisement