Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Last Of Us 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,668 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Leroy42 wrote: »
    I know we are a few days away but was just wondering what the usual etiquette on threads like this is when it comes to spoliers and discussion after a came has been released?

I won't be, I will probably still be stuck on the first fight sequence long after everyone else finishes the game, but more about whether it is normal that a thread like this would contain open discussion about the game as thus I'll be better off following come Thursday night?

I'd hope that people will use spoiler tags but also small description before it like "chapter 1
    spoiler here

For this game with all the leaks, I'm sure people will want to discuss end game spoilers straight away, could nearly do with a 2nd thread for open discussions about the whole game, no tags needed. That might make it easier to avoid spoilers here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Morpork wrote: »
    Not sure how it usually works, but if Smyths are not taking any more pre-orders, does that mean they won't have stock for walk-ins on Friday, or do they allocate some stock for that?

No idea but Argos will have it. Should be able to order it online after midnight on Thursday for collection on Friday when they open.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

Re Smyth's. I got my copy of Resident Evil 3 by post and it arrived the day before the release date. Was impressed considering they kept telling me it could be delayed due to the lockdown. It is my only experience of home delivery with them as I usually go with click and collect.
    Here's hoping it arrives Friday. Keeping an eye on my account to see when payment is taken. Down the country so click & collect isn't an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

shawki wrote: »
    Does Gamestop send a dispatch email when they send out a preorder?

When I ordered RE3 they sent an email when it was dispatched with AnPost tracking number. Received it a day before release date too

• Registered Users Posts: 7,816 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I'd hope that people will use spoiler tags but also small description before it like "chapter 1
    spoiler here

For this game with all the leaks, I'm sure people will want to discuss end game spoilers straight away, could nearly do with a 2nd thread for open discussions about the whole game, no tags needed. That might make it easier to avoid spoilers here.

I'd lean towards a second thread and using the chapter spoiler tag. A spoiler warning for a spoiler :) We have reached a new level of Spoiler prevention.

But it will be far too tempting to highlight those blanked out bits :pac:

The "big leak" that they thought had ruined the game is all done and dusted in the first 2 hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

Anyone had their smyths pre order taken yet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Currently pre-installing, won't get to play till Friday night at the earliest, probably not even then.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Currently pre-installing, won't get to play till Friday night at the earliest, probably not even then.

Time to contract "corona virus" and to self isolate ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭jones

Be definitely having a "quick" game at midnight Thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Time to contract "corona virus" and to self isolate ;)

I dont think that would wash with my wife and toddler's!

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Davy05

Anyone had their smyths pre order taken yet ?

Still no sign of it for me

48 hours (for most people)

Grumpy, can you confirm there are definitely no trophies linked to difficulty? If not, I'm tempted to play hard or survivor on first playthrough to get the best first playthrough (then easy playthrough for collectibles).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,839 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Grumpy, can you confirm there are definitely no trophies linked to difficulty? If not, I'm tempted to play hard or survivor on first playthrough to get the best first playthrough (then easy playthrough for collectibles).
    I could never play on survivor difficulty. Not. A. Hope.

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    I could never play on survivor difficulty. Not. A. Hope.

It was my favourite playthrough on the first. Some tough sections but hugely rewarding and tense as ****.

I'm not sure. But difficulty wise it's not that hard. There has only been one spot that took me a few goes. And I'm not that good :)

So I'd say try hard.

I got one for maxing out a gun and one for maxing a skill tree. Survivor mode might have less resources so they might be harder to max out.

It already looks stressful on normal lol
    Looks like I'll be downloading. I honestly did not think I'd have to rush to the special edition. I rarely preorder games and had no idea it was so competitive.

It's so stressful. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Might go to Argos to get mine. €69.99 is pretty steep for a digital copy.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I dont think that would wash with my wife and toddler's!

:pac:

It's for their own safety

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

It was my favourite playthrough on the first. Some tough sections but hugely rewarding and tense as ****.

I felt the same about Grounded, then they added Survivor as DLC. I thought "I should do that" and then I remembered all the tension, terror and horror of Grounded.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I felt the same about Grounded, then they added Survivor as DLC. I thought "I should do that" and then I remembered all the tension, terror and horror of Grounded.

Wasn't it other way around? Survivor was hardest until Grounded was added as dlc. I only made it half way through grounded, was not fun.

• Advertisement

I always get them confused too, the one I did was the second hardest one. When I finished it I played it through again on normal just to calm down.

Looks like you'll be lucky to get this early if other places follow the street date. Shipping Thursday is a bit dodgy.

https://twitter.com/game_collection/status/1273176659928190980?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Looks like you'll be lucky to get this early if other places follow the street date. Shipping Thursday is a bit dodgy.

https://twitter.com/game_collection/status/1273176659928190980?s=19

I presume that's the issue with most retailers. That doesn't look promising for getting them for Friday. An Post seem to be letting things sit for ages in their depots before sorting them at the moment. I've bought a lot of records online since the lockdown started and there can be a discrepancy of up to ten days between the record leaving the country I've ordered from and them eventually getting sorted here in Ireland and then another day or two for the record to get to me.

Might be different if the order is posted in Ireland.

Digital postman has already delivered mine. The sooner the machines make their move and take over the world the better imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

It's why I was more than happy to switch to click and collect with Smyths and save myself another fiver in the process. At least I knew I wouldn't be left wondering all day if I was going to get it delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭AskMeBollix

I wonder if smyths will change that 5er offer for instore, it should be offered for online, why should others not receive the deal if they want it posted and pay the postgage

I'm sure smyths would prefer less foot fall just to collect a game

And if its not here Thursday or Friday morning before 10 am I shall be getting it in argos and sending the one back to smyths

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Gun_Slinger

I preordered from Gamestop and got a text this morning from An Post to say I have a package in the sorting office in Dublin. I hope that is the game and the missus hasnt bought anything!

Advertisement