Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Last Of Us 2

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,111 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

This is really good.

Really slow, really layering it on and building slowly. I continuously want to keep playing. I sit down to play for 30 mins and next thing I know 3 hours have wizard by.

Some genuine jump scares. Not the cheap kind where something loud jumps out. But the kind of ones where you half see something just run past you in the shadows and you do that little tippy tap dance with your feet.

I think the toning down of the "puzzles" is a good thing. There's still lots to figure out but it is more realistic. Generally you are trying to get over a wall or
    in a window to look for supplies. It kinda makes sense.

Still really enjoying it. A little over half way through now.

How many hours have you put in so far?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,010 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

J. Marston wrote: »
    Toning down of puzzles? Was there puzzles in the first game?

Yeah some really awful bring to the raft to Ellie or bring a ladder or crate to the conveniently place road block.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭FrostyJack

I have never pre-ordered a copy from the store in all my years of playing, does this mean at midnight Thursday night we will have access?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I'm already climbing the walls waiting for this. Reading Grumpy's posts are seriously pushing me over the edge.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,603 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

FrostyJack wrote: »
    I have never pre-ordered a copy from the store in all my years of playing, does this mean at midnight Thursday night we will have access?

Yupp, on your ps4, if you try to launch the game, it should show a countdown timer and it will unlock midnight Thursday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Tony EH wrote: »
    Can't recall any. Nothing too puzzling anyway.

It was a completely linier by the numbers game really. There was certainly nothing taxing about it.

Not uncharted level of puzzles, but as Retro mentioned there were annoying bits where you are getting a pallet, or a ladder, or similar to bring Elie along. Skill up said he missed those bits from 2.

Worst here is hopping on a wheelie bin to get over a wall. Or jumping to another balcony so you can climb in a window and open a door. There are a few safes to find codes for. One very early example, you find a note that says they put supplies in the safe and the code is our boy's employee of the month. So you have to search the store for the picture then use that date on the safe.

I think it fits the world better.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I'm already climbing the walls waiting for this. Reading Grumpy's posts are seriously pushing me over the edge.

And I can't even post about the good stuff for fear of spoiling it for ye :)

I love in game puzzles like the safe codes described above. Really adds to the exploration of an area but avoidable of you don't fancy it.

Goddamn i can't wait for Thursday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Sorry for the silly question, but how do you have the game now?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Good to hear they've done away with some of those annoying bits from part 1, the pallet thing got old fast!

Interesting about having to look for a picture to find out a safe code, feels a bit more immersive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Zero-Cool wrote: »

Shopto started processing my pre-order yesterday so fingers crossed for Friday.

RedRochey wrote: »
    Sorry for the silly question, but how do you have the game now?

He's a game reviewer. Lucky as well, a guy i know is a reviewer as well but didn't get a copy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    He's a game reviewer. Lucky as well, a guy i know is a reviewer as well but didn't get a copy.

Was thinking that, just out of interest how big of a following would a reviewer need in order to get games early like this?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,010 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

RedRochey wrote: »
    Was thinking that, just out of interest how big of a following would a reviewer need in order to get games early like this?

Not much. Depended on the Publisher as well. I remember Sony and Microsoft being very forthcoming while Nintendo wouldn't mess around without you proving yourself first in terms of audience reach. I only ever got a Nintendo game when the review was going in a national paper. The requirements were very low a few years ago and once you are on a list it's easy enough to stay on it. Think they've tightened up a bit more now but with a focus now on 'influencers' it's sometimes easier for a person with a few youtube/twitch subs to get a game than a small legitimate journalistic site.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,817 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I'm the complete opposite :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    I'm the complete opposite :)

In that Grumpypants' positive feedback is making you not want to play the game?

:confused:

In that Grumpypants' positive feedback is making you not want to play the game?

:confused:

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    No.

Still no idea what you mean...

Still no idea what you mean...
    When the big box arrives at my door in a few days time with the game, I'll be excited then. It's going to be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Morpork

Not sure how it usually works, but if Smyths are not taking any more pre-orders, does that mean they won't have stock for walk-ins on Friday, or do they allocate some stock for that?

• Advertisement

But you recommended download lol
    Oh I know, and I thought about downloading it. But I then decided to treat myself to the collector's edition which I have been paying off since last September.

By the time I tried to get the special edition it was all sold out on amazon.
    Do you know a good place in the UK I can get it? I just want the steelbook case.
    game.co.uk have the special edition one. The game with just with the steelbook was an Amazon exclusive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Does anyone know if this'll be sold in Tesco?

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭shawki

Does Gamestop send a dispatch email when they send out a preorder?

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭pedatron

Does anyone know if this'll be sold in Tesco?

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

I know we are a few days away but was just wondering what the usual etiquette on threads like this is when it comes to spoliers and discussion after a game has been released?

I won't be, I will probably still be stuck on the first fight sequence long after everyone else finishes the game, but more about whether it is normal that a thread like this would contain open discussion about the game as thus I'll be better off unfollowing come Thursday night?

Advertisement