Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Last Of Us 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,754 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Disk or download. Decisions, decisions...
    Download.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

J Mysterio wrote: »
    There will only be one version, which will play on all PS4s. The PS4 Pro does the 'upscaling', not the disc.

Sorry I meant the limited edition last if us console! Seems just GameStop have it on their site...pre orders are sold out

• Registered Users Posts: 7,576 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Tony EH wrote: »
    Do people actually care about stuff like this?

Absolutely. Gives me an excuse to go back and play the game again

• Registered Users Posts: 29,554 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

2 patches dropped since pre-download.
    1.01 added photo mode, concept art gallery, model viewer, additional accessibility options and general bug fixes and improvements.
    1.02 added general bug fixes and improvements

Game currently at 78.5 GB's.

Photo mode. Loverly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    2 patches dropped since pre-download.
    1.01 added photo mode, concept art gallery, model viewer, additional accessibility options and general bug fixes and improvements.
    1.02 added general bug fixes and improvements

Game currently at 78.5 GB's.

Not too bad, at least it's not Modern Warfare size. Going to buy off Indonesian store tomorrow so will be able to play from 6pm on Thursday. Not sure if the pre order bonuses are locked to purchasing account but to be honest , I couldn't care less if I don't have access to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

I think all the perfect score reviews are questionable but out of respect for those who want to know nothing I wont expand on that until a later date.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,509 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

I think all the perfect score reviews are questionable but out of respect for those who want to know nothing I wont expand on that until a later date.

I assume you haven't played it so why are sayIng they are questionable?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Leroy42 wrote: »
    I assume you haven't played it so why are sayIng they are questionable?

We don't want the answer to that question Leroy.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,509 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

J Mysterio wrote: »
    We don't want the answer to that question Leroy.

If it involves the leaks, which we can assume it is since they haven't played it, then we know many of the reviews state that the leaks go give any context or explanation.

I'm not saying it is wrong to suggest it is over hyped, just asking the basis.

If they haven't played then they can't comment one way or another.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭BruteStock

The game was always going to be critic-proof due to a number of cultural reasons. Also given the integrity of Naughty Dog within the industry and the future HBO series - a lot is on the line here so critics are not going to want to spoil that party.

Not that I care too much about critic reviews anyway , but in this particular case , I care even less.

What im really interested now is seeing gamers feedback. The recent trailers were so good , I was convinced into getting the game , believing the leaks might have been blown out of proportion. But I was compelled to watch the recent leaks , which turned out to be worse than the initial leaks. So I won't be departing with 70 quid this profound experiment gone wrong.

I'll watch FightinCowboys walkthrough and pay keen interest to the feedback. A total denunciation from the community would not surprise me but you can never tell for sure. Gut instinct tells me people are going to want to like the creative decisions more than they really do.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

BruteStock wrote: »
    Also given the integrity of Naughty Dog within the industry and the future HBO series - a lot is on the line here so critics are not going to want to spoil that party.

If that was the case, then wouldn't season 8 of Game of Thrones have been protected so their multiple spin offs could go ahead

People see what they want to see

Reviews being good across the board must mean the game is being protected and is bulletproof, no other rational explanation

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,187 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

TBH the whole ‘it’s only getting good reviews for cultural / political reasons’ argument rings particularly hollow for me this time as most of the sites usually accused of being irredeemably ‘woke’ or politically-motivated - such as Polygon, Kotaku and Waypoint / Vice - have in fact given this either very skeptical or indeed straight-up negative reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Barlett

BruteStock wrote: »
    The game was always going to be critic-proof due to a number of cultural reasons. Also given the integrity of Naughty Dog within the industry and the future HBO series - a lot is on the line here so critics are not going to want to spoil that party.

Not that I care too much about critic reviews anyway , but in this particular case , I care even less.

What im really interested now is seeing gamers feedback. The recent trailers were so good , I was convinced into getting the game , believing the leaks might have been blown out of proportion. But I was compelled to watch the recent leaks , which turned out to be worse than the initial leaks. So I won't be departing with 70 quid this profound experiment gone wrong.

I'll watch FightinCowboys walkthrough and pay keen interest to the feedback. A total denunciation from the community would not surprise me but you can never tell for sure. Gut instinct tells me people are going to want to like the creative decisions more than they really do.

I mean you’re effectively saying here, it’s received good reviews because each individual publication felt obliged to score it well & if the game is received well by the general public it’s because the general public is buying into the hype? Therefore no matter what happens the game is a failure?

I mean I don’t like Breath Of The Wild, Bloodborne etc because there’s not enough story in them for me, but I recognise why they are rightfully considered classics. Similarly with the Last of Us II even if the story doesn’t work for me in the end - I haven’t read any spoilers - judging by the graphics, animation work , lack of bugs ( according to reviews) - I’ll be able to see why others consider it great. It’s ok to dislike something & be in the minority, it doesn’t mean everyone else is wrong but you.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,907 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Tl;Dr version is I've made my own mind up without having played the game and going to cherry pick reviews that align with my own beliefs.

It's a lost cause arguing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Reports of people being able to pre-load the game, anybody here been able to start downloading it yet?

Edit: Yeah, Managed to get my pre-load started.

Either Neil is really trying to defend Jeff from online abuse for a bad take or he's going after Jason for the story on the his studio.... Or maybe a bit of both.

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1272246006743261185?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 23,118 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Two passive aggressive gowls.

Either Neil is really trying to defend Jeff from online abuse for a bad take or he's going after Jason for the story on the his studio.... Or maybe a bit of both.
    I don't care about who's having spats on twatter to be honest.

• Advertisement

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    I don't care about who's having spats on twatter to be honest.

I imagine most don't but i find it interesting that this game is bringing out so much negativity from people and it's not even out yet. Looking forward to finally getting to play it and then discussing behind spoiler tags on here with you fine fellas.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,780 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I can see why some really like it. It's a spectacular looking game that plays well and is really well put together.

I can also see why some would not like it as much. It is a decade old game, mechanics wise. It is very linear and the pacing, at times, feels like one of those dreams where you want to run but can only walk like you are threading custard, just so two characters can natter on about their feelings in between seemingly endless amounts of cut scenes and quick time events.

But I think it is pretty good after 8 hours. Will see how I feel once I get through some more. Some bits are pretty gruesome ( I hit some woman with a claw hammer and the nail pulling side stuck in her cheek bone) that made me look twice and think Jesus.

But if anything it is the tension that is draining. I've left sections with my jaw sore from clenching it unknowingly. It does slow building tension really well.

Gonna have a review up Grumpy?

I read full uncut reviews can drop Thursday or Friday.

I imagine most don't but i find it interesting that this game is bringing out so much negativity from people and it's not even out yet. Looking forward to finally getting to play it and then discussing behind spoiler tags on here with you fine fellas.
    This is the only thread I read about the game and nothing against you dude, but I don't care about who's having spats on twitter. It drags down the thread imo.

I agree with your last line though :)

This is the only thread I read about the game and nothing against you dude, but I don't care about who's having spats on twitter. It drags down the thread imo.

I agree with your last line though :)

Yeah, i get that. Need to ignore Twitter more, can be draining.

Yeah, i get that. Need to ignore Twitter more, can be draining.
    #thinkpositivevibes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭shaveAbullock

#thinkpositivevibes

IGN 10/10

• Registered Users Posts: 7,780 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Gonna have a review up Grumpy?

I read full uncut reviews can drop Thursday or Friday.

Yip :)

Not sure about the second bit, but I guess if the game is out they can't restrict what people write or stream. But it would still be a dick move to publish anything that didn't have heavy spoiler tags.

In saying that I'm interested to read about people's thoughts on the restricted parts.

Advertisement