Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Last Of Us 2

Options

Comments

Just release the game digitally.

It's been finished for a while anyway.

Before it gets ruined for everyone.

They can't because it would upset retail chains.

They risk the game being ruined for everyone now.
    TBH they ****ed around with the release dates long enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,483 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

They risk the game being ruined for everyone now.
    TBH they ****ed around with the release dates long enough.

On the other hand, if they release it digitally then it won't be leaks any longer and the game really will be ruined for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,105 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I read the spoilers. Who knows when it's coming out and I'm not tip-toeing around the internet until then.
    Putting some spoiler text here is just needlessly cruel from me!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Leroy42 wrote: »
    On the other hand, if they release it digitally then it won't be leaks any longer and the game really will be ruined for everyone.

The leaks are out there now so its too late anyway, good luck ever deleting anything off the internet, its about as easy as putting spilt water back in the bottle. I've not seen the leaks but I'm not going to move off my subscription tab on YouTube so I should be safe there. I'm not someone dying to play the game so I can wait for whenever its released so I don't look at this story as a childish way of demanding its release.
    Leaking this stuff will not end well for this employee, if it can be traced back to him he will have Sony's lawyers onto him the minute its proven and basically will have ruined his own career.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,487 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Twitter showed a recommended tweet (don't know the page or follow them) and it was a major spoiler. No way I avoid any more until the shops reopen. Anything Neil posted in the last couple of weeks was met with "RELEASE IT DIGITALLY!!!!" which got fair annoying but now, yeah, I think they should release digitally and bite the bullet.

Yeah, employees should get what they're owed but hope this guy gets sued to the moon and back (if it even was a disgruntled employee that leaked it).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,813 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Oh wow!
    Aeris dies.

They can't because it would upset retail chains.
    And all the collectors item editions with t-shirts and figurines etc would be worthless if it was released digital months before. Who knows if that stuff is manufactured already.

More than that, there are probably contractual issues. If I was a large chain store I would certainly write it into my pre-order contract that it cannot release digitally beforehand. That would seem to be common sense.

I'm sure Sony are working through the issues. I would hope that they'll announce their plans soon.

Unfillowing now just incase it shows up here

Already seeing spoiler tags

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Cheekpieces

This is why we can't have nice things

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

@Leroy, it's take everything I've got not to click the spoiler in your post; I think I'm going to explode. :eek::eek::eek:

I'm the same with Retro's post. I think I've worked out what it says based on its size and shape

@Leroy, it's take everything I've got not to click the spoiler in your post; I think I'm going to explode. :eek::eek::eek:

Nothing spolier in my post, must have me confused with someone else.

I didn't look at any leaks, don't intend to, but even if I did I wouldn't put them here, even under the spolier tag.

Whatever about seeing it in a tweet, everyone on this thread is because they have an interest in the game. Why would anyone want to post a spoiler?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,099 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Game’s out on June 19th now.

Jesus, the amount of spoilers under the PS social media posts and now the leaker is some kind of hero. Gonna do my best and avoid any more until June 19th but that's not gonna be easy.

They've just announced that it's delayed again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

For some reason this story has backfired on Neil Druckman. People are hating him because
    something happened in that plot they didn't like.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,099 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

They've just announced that it's delayed again.

Nah, it had been delayed indefinitely, now it just has a date.

To be fair, a mere two-three weeks’ delay amid a global pandemic that’s completely knocked the world’s working practices and supply chains for six is quite understandable.

So is June 19th confirmed as the release date?

How are the stores going to deal with it then, many of them might still be closed?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,814 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

The problem is people will start posting spoilers in a matter of fact way basically saying "Sure everyone knows that now".

Just wait now to see headlines on sites like "How Sonic became the main villain in The Last of Us Part 2 (Spoilers inside)"

Apologies if that Sonic reveal wasn't known. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

If anyone spoils this game, I will find you and I will kill you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,105 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

RasTa wrote: »
    If anyone spoils this game, I will find you and I will kill you
    You'll do nothing.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

I saw a bunch of links on reddit this morning to a few videos of new footage. Was wondering what it was all about!

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭zzfh

FFS

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Hopefully I can finish a playthrough of the original and Left Behind before then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Please let this be it, I cannot take another delay!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Has the person who spoiled this being named yet?

Advertisement