Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unfunny Irish comedians <<MOD note in OP>>

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭FVP3

Always be aware of the woke male. Always.

Hypocrisy is the tribute that vice pays to virtue, after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭KiKi III

Jim Root wrote: »
    Alleged. Important word there.

Yup. So either a group of women who didn’t know each other banded together for no apparent reason to take him down or there’s some truth to it.

Based on his most recent twitter post where he says “there’s a lot of truth to it” I’m gonna go ahead and assume there’s some truth to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭TheDavester

I’ve always said it beware of men who claim to be “woke”

Theres a big issue with British/irish wrestlers being up to same stuff as this comedian was and the wrestlers accused were noted for being the outspoken woke holier than thou types on twitter and this comedian was spotted liking some of these women bringing up their horrific issues.....im always suspicious of those who pontificate and keep bringing up how theyre such a feminist/virtuous

• Registered Users Posts: 11,464 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

The brighter the picture, the darker the negative.

Sean Daly wrote: »
    If I was a woman I'd be way more wary of the male feminists than the jock player types.

My experience is that predatory men come in all shapes and sizes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Tiger20

I hesitate to describe him as a comedian, but surely the most unfunny Irish comedian is Karl Spain.......never ever saw him funny

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Wouldn’t work... PJ Gallagher is a member of Dun Laoghaire RNLI

Change of plan lads, head for the Atlantic.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Tiger20 wrote: »
    I hesitate to describe him as a comedian, but surely the most unfunny Irish comedian is Karl Spain.......never ever saw him funny

He’s good craic can lighten up a bad comedy night when he’s on form

• Registered Users Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Jason Byrne doesn't like criticism, he blocked me on twitter after I said something when he was on the late late

• Registered Users Posts: 8,283 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

PsychoPete wrote: »
    Jason Byrne doesn't like criticism, he blocked me on twitter after I said something when he was on the late late

Neither does Martin Beanz Warde... also a twitter blocker. Also alleged comedian. (Never even '@'ed' the guy-I believe he searches his name on twitter).

Funny how the people who were on Brendan O'Connor's cutting edge could never deal with any amount of critique.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Grainne was in the Twitter today

• Registered Users Posts: 12,846 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

You need to incorporate a movie he’s done into the sentence as per rules

Do you think there's any truth to the actions he is accused to have... Committed?

Close enough?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Back on topic again please, cards issued after this warning

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

Aisling bea is fine as hell but she is one of the worst Irish comedians on the scene

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

Aisling bea is fine as hell but she is one of the worst Irish comedians on the scene

Not into her standup but her comedy acting and personality are brilliant, love her on 8 out of 10 cats

She's such a dose. Like, her personality puts me off of her, completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,148 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

A warning was issued to stay on topic

• Registered Users Posts: 33,148 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

PsychoPete wrote: »

Do you use the same username on Twitter?

Maybe that played into it?:D

RTE are reviving 'The Panel' for one night only.

Give me strength... Neil Delamere and bloody Andrew Maxwell, more than likely-because they're not busy.

This will be boring as hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,353 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Just on pat short about 5 years ago myself and the better half and another couple went along to his show in a midlands hotel

I had presumed that due to his “profile” the place would be packed to the rafters and sold out

Not a hope of it - maybe half full to be generous. Very little buzz or atmosphere.

What annoyed me was that shortt made repeated references to the low turn out muttering stuff like “hardly worth my while tonight” and “enjoy it, won’t be back here” “laugh at least” stuff like this - passive aggressive. As if it were the paying audiences fault!!

Also he flew through the show and did no encore and I got the feeling he couldn’t be off the stage fast enough. One of the gang wanted him to sign a dvd but no sign of him afterward. Value for money it wasn’t. Tickets were expensive too.

Anyway won’t be repeating the experience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Give me strength... Neil Delamere and bloody Andrew Maxwell, more than likely-because they're not busy.

Don’t watch it then, pal. Might stop you from getting a hernia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Woke Hogan

Probably gritting his teeth in anticipation at identifying the “token woman” on the programme, and slagging her off regardless of who she is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭TheDavester

Not into her standup but her comedy acting and personality are brilliant, love her on 8 out of 10 cats

this - i think she's better in comedy/acting shows' than stand up

Woke Hogan wrote: »
    Probably gritting his teeth in anticipation at identifying the “token woman” on the programme, and slagging her off regardless of who she is.

Same people, responding again.

Notice it was Neil Delamere and Andrew Maxwell I criticised, but you made it into a weird agenda...
    Rather sad.

Anywho, while McSavage's the Savage Eye was entertaining, I absolutely detest his 'street' comedy.

I remember he was followed for some program, I think it was about busking, some years back. (It followed street musicians and street entertainers, including McSavage).

He made it a habit to make fun of the people walking their everyday route into wherever...
    Cue teenage girls walking past him, he then makes engine noises and does a 'sl*app*r's grand prix' or something similar.

He was in his 40s, picking on teens. I'd say folks avoided that route when they knew he was there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

I saw Neil Delamere in the midlands a couple of years ago, the entire show was horrendous. He kept picking out random people in the tiny little audience and making jokes about their clothes and how they were sitting, there was clearly a few heads paid to be there just to laugh loudly at his jokes as it was being recorded for one of his boxsets.

this - i think she's better in comedy/acting shows' than stand up

She probably got famous a bit too fast. If you’re a comedic performer it can take a while to figure out what you’re strengths are between stand up, podcasts, comedy acting, sketches/bits, and chat shows.

You have to do stand up to start with and do Edinburgh to build a profile but it might not be your biggest strength.

I like Aisling better in film/tv but I’ve seen her live and enjoyed her set.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭RandomAccess

Same people, responding again.

Notice it was Neil Delamere and Andrew Maxwell I criticised, but you made it into a weird agenda...
    Rather sad.

Anywho, while McSavage's the Savage Eye was entertaining, I absolutely detest his 'street' comedy.

I remember he was followed for some program, I think it was about busking, some years back. (It followed street musicians and street entertainers, including McSavage).

He made it a habit to make fun of the people walking their everyday route into wherever...
    Cue teenage girls walking past him, he then makes engine noises and does a 'sl*app*r's grand prix' or something similar.

He was in his 40s, picking on teens. I'd say folks avoided that route when they knew he was there.

I enjoyed the savage eye, and like the I saw him doing a Street gig, this was in Temple Bar years back, and nobody found it funny at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

Woke Hogan wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/hyHSwr3NhQM

Good god.

Poor Alison Spittle can't even be the best at being bad.

That is truly horrific. She's got a male relative or some kind of associate with a lone cackling laugh in the background trying to get things going.

Where is the humour, wit or logic in it? Take a sh*t on the road + are women funny. wtf?

That video exhibits mental health issues something along the lines of bipolar with delusions of grandeur or strung out on coke, doubt very much it's the coke. nut job.

That is truly horrific. She's got a male relative or some kind of associate with a lone cackling laugh in the background trying to get things going.

Where is the humour, wit or logic in it? Take a sh*t on the road + are women funny. wtf?

That video exhibits mental health issues something along the lines of bipolar with delusions of grandeur or strung out on coke, doubt very much it's the coke. nut job.

She's got more clips... An Irish Immigrant’s Guide to Britain is an insult to everyone. I'm not posting it... it's absolutely abhorrent.

Titania McGrath is a parody of this type of 'woke comic'... it's a twitter account, run by a guy. But he has hired either an actress or comedienne to play Titania onstage... and the results are far funnier, with a greater sense of self awareness.

Also... Grainne, stop STEALING material. Laurie Elliott did a similar set about 14 years ago, maybe more. (Clip I'm posting is 12 years old, but these specials can take a while to air). I personally found Elliott's routine funnier. And note the joke is on 'her' rather than Grainne's underlying xenophobia.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭chrissb8

I know this sounds bad and probably a bit hateful. But I just detest Irish comedians for the desperation of them. But I hate that I think that, they're only trying to make a living in the country they were born in doing the thing they love after all.

However, when I see various Irish comedians doing literally anything, from hosting, radio, a carousel of guest appearances, releasing books/dvds/cds and playing just about any pub in Ireland that can get a crowd of 50 into it I think pathetic.

Your ability to succeed on your humour was a fleeting thing and maybe you were known for a hot minute but here you are, feeding on the minnows so many years later and you'll take anything to keep yourself going.

Even though you have had nothing good stand up wise for many years and in fact, are just lazy aul s****s about it and just regurgitate the same safe, boring (ALREADY DONE 100 TIMES AND MUCH BETTER THAN YOU) material.

It's like there's a distinct lack of pride in their work I feel. That they're coasting on a cushy number, with diminishing returns and increased resentment as to why this terrible stand up is still around from the public view.

Advertisement