Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unfunny Irish comedians <<MOD note in OP>>

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Anyone ever take Grainne mcqguire up on her comedy training course?.)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

Tadhg Fleming is about as funny as a bad dose of the scours.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,287 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

I reckon any 'cisgendered' white male who walked into that would be greeted with a 'YOU'RE PART OF THE PROBLEM!!!!' screech out of her.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Newbie20

Is there anybody out there actually laughs at anything Jason Byrne says? Like people must go to his shows if he is still going all these years. Who are these people?!! And more importantly, what is wrong with them?

Newbie20 wrote: »
    Is there anybody out there actually laughs at anything Jason Byrne says? Like people must go to his shows if he is still going all these years. Who are these people?!! And more importantly, what is wrong with them?

I half suspect most of them wander in totally intoxicated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Newbie20 wrote: »

I assume they also like Mrs. Brown’s Boys.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

I’d say with the likes of Jason Byrne, it’s more the delivery/performance than the actual ‘jokes’ that gets the punters coming in and laughing.

His jokes are not very funny, they are mostly just typical Irish childhood anecdotes that we all probably have hundreds of. His shtick seems to be the very animated shouty delivery of said anecdotes...

And if it works for him, and he’s carved a career out of it then fair play to him. It just wouldn’t be my cup of tea.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Millionaire only not

Enough of the Jason Byrne bashing , I for one like him and would rank him well above most of the list.
    His shows always sold out at Kilkenny cat laughs long before the rest which is a fair indicator of popularity in this country. One of the longest running comedy festivals.

Pat Shortt was good back 20 years ago , never changed his nonsense and it’s old and weary . And finds hard to sell his shows out anymore

Could Ed Byrne actually make u laugh !

Take ardal o Hanlon absolutely useless on stage in my opinion, never shook the fr.dougal Maguire image .

Enough of the Jason Byrne bashing , I for one like him and would rank him well above most of the list.
    His shows always sold out at Kilkenny cat laughs long before the rest which is a fair indicator of popularity in this country. One of the longest running comedy festivals.

Pat Shortt was good back 20 years ago , never changed his nonsense and it’s old and weary . And finds hard to sell his shows out anymore

Could Ed Byrne actually make u laugh !

Take ardal o Hanlon absolutely useless on stage in my opinion, never shook the fr.dougal Maguire image .

The difference is, all those comics you listed, besides Byrne, have made me laugh at least once.

Which is one more laugh than Byrne has ever elicited from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,685 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

I have always maintained that Alison Spittle is less funny than consistently ****ting yourself.

But now I have heard of that McGuire wan. Had a Gagoogle, seen a clip....now the two of them are joint first for me.

I was actually embarrassed for Ireland while I was watching it. Jesus she's shyte.

• Advertisement

I have always maintained that Alison Spittle is less funny than consistently ****ting yourself.

But now I have heard of that McGuire wan. Had a Gagoogle, seen a clip....now the two of them are joint first for me.

I was actually embarrassed for Ireland while I was watching it. Jesus she's shyte.

https://youtu.be/hyHSwr3NhQM

Good god.

Poor Alison Spittle can't even be the best at being bad.

Is bernard o shea still thinking himself a comedian?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,576 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Is bernard o shea still thinking himself a comedian?

Not sure if he’s doing any stand up but he’s got a couple of tv shows “on the go”, think he had a book out and does a fair bit of voiceover work.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

I wasn’t joking about the comedy course by the way 200 quid for a week or something

• Registered Users Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

PJ Gallagher is on a breakfast radio show now i think? Always found Jason Byrne a bit cringe.. However the one thing i've seen online that i would immediately skip after seeing a few is that Rory's stories fella.

All three should be dropped from a helicopter into the Irish Sea for crimes against comedy.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

All three should be dropped from a helicopter into the Irish Sea for crimes against comedy.

Wouldn’t work... PJ Gallagher is a member of Dun Laoghaire RNLI

• Registered Users Posts: 3,685 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

I wasn’t joking about the comedy course by the way 200 quid for a week or something

She should probably do it herself so.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

Davey Reilly just been outed as a rapist. I always thought he came across as a shy, slightly awkward, genuinely nice guy. He was never funny but very likeable. Wolf in sheeps clothing.

I'm not sure if he could be called a comedian but that awful person and his awful family who became popular because a bat was in their kitchen. Absolutely terrible stuff.

Davey Reilly just been outed as a rapist. I always thought he came across as a shy, slightly awkward, genuinely nice guy. He was never funny but very likeable. Wolf in sheeps clothing.

A rapist? Gosh. I've only come across the allegation of emotional abuse.

• Advertisement

Yup, emotional abuse, rape and sexual assault

I’ve always said it beware of men who claim to be “woke”

From reading Twitter it appears the comedy scene is rampant with it. I dont think being 'woke' comes into it although in this case, he's clearly a sociopath trying desperately to cover his true nature.
    He's one of those self proclaimed 'nice guys' who are anything but.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

On God please let another wokesperson (no prizes for guessing who) have a similar comeuppance. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭KiKi III

Nope, non-consensual anal sex, filming sex without the knowledge or consent of partners, and the unsolicited distribution of those videos to other women are all alleged.

Multiple women have spoken out, they have formed a support group of sorts between themselves.

KiKi III wrote: »
    Nope, non-consensual anal sex, filming sex without the knowledge or consent of partners, and the unsolicited distribution of those videos to other women are all alleged.

Multiple women have spoken out, they have formed a support group of sorts between themselves.

Also, harassment messages to multiple women and emotional abuse. Some of his female friends have come out and said how he would make them feel guilty if they slept with men they liked and how he was controlling and would play on vulnerabilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Jim Root

KiKi III wrote: »

Alleged. Important word there.

Jim Root wrote: »
    Alleged. Important word there.

Multiple women came forward about it and he posted an apology on his Twitter - His apology is mostly about himself and playing the victim but he pretty much admitted to his wrong doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

On God please let another wokesperson (no prizes for guessing who) have a similar comeuppance. :rolleyes:

There’s a well known Irish actor and pontificator now being accused. This is how this ends up - trial by social media and the mob looking for angry retribution.

• Advertisement

There’s a well known Irish actor and pontificator now being accused. This is how this ends up - trial by social media and the mob looking for angry retribution.

You need to incorporate a movie he’s done into the sentence as per rules

Advertisement