Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Katie Hopkins

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,912 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Saying it like it is...I hear this phrase a lot. What is it?

The things we are not allowed to say.

"Ahem, Trump will make a great POTUS, I am glad he was elected.

I don't use labels like mysoginist, racist, homophobe etc. to argue my point

Transgenders, snowflakes, and liberal shyte can take a hike.

Uncontrolled immigration is not good.

Merkel caused it all"

Ah here.... you get the drift.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,115 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

The LLS from last night proves that this pissy little country hasn't moved on very much. While we are all ****ing like rabbitts with condoms, the pill, the coil, the implant and gay marriage is legal and lots are not bothering with religion, we are still finding issues to get upset and offended by after all these years.

That show could have been representative of a LLS from the ****ing 70s while Gaybo pulled out a condom or even the 90s while Bishop Caseys bit on the side got absolutely castigated for being ****ed by a bishop.

Its not evolution, its replacement therapy.

Grandeeod wrote: »
    The LLS from last night proves that this pissy little country hasn't moved on very much. While we are all ****ing like rabbitts with condoms, the pill, the coil, the implant and gay marriage is legal and lots are not bothering with religion, we are still finding issues to get upset and offended by after all these years.

That show could have been representative of a LLS from the ****ing 70s while Gaybo pulled out a condom or even the 90s while Bishop Caseys bit on the side got absolutely castigated for being ****ed by a bishop.

Its not evolution, its replacement therapy.

The audience is planted, the interviewer has a one way ticket to boredom and it's his way or the highway.

Anyway, there is no shock factor anymore like in the 70s or even the 90s.

The problem now is people are gagged from saying anything that does not conform with D4 leftie liberal mantra.

So there will be no return to anything interesting anymore.

So it's all books, misery, and freebies from now on.

The audience is planted, the interviewer has a one way ticket to boredom and it's his way or the highway.

Anyway, there is no shock factor anymore like in the 70s or even the 90s.

The problem now is people are gagged from saying anything that does not conform with D4 leftie liberal mantra.

So there will be no return to anything interesting anymore.

So it's all books, misery, and freebies from now on.

Oh I know. I just felt like expressing something towards the boring Irish assholes on view last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

I'm amazed at the (frankly monotonous) regularity with which these "things we are not allowed to say" are actually said.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Mr Joe

Funniest video I've seen lately....:pac: Funnier than a lot of what passess for comedy now lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

RayM wrote: »
    I'm amazed at the (frankly monotonous) regularity with which these "things we are not allowed to say" are actually said.

But calling Trump supporters ***** is ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,998 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Very well put. It is a bloody joke alright that people these days are as you say vilified and lampooned for saying it as it is.

by "saying it as it is" you mean "saying what i believe to be the case"
    thank god the liberal PC bs appears to be coming to an end.

it never existed in the first place, so it couldn't come to an end when it doesn't even exist.
    We need to climb down out of our backsides and give the voices we might hate, ahem... an actual voice!

Sometimes it can be great fun. Just look at all the posts here for starters.

She knows her market, and fair play to her.

There is an off button. Oh god there is.

why should my licence fee be going toards bottom of the barrel quality like her, when they're are plenty of good quality commentators out there who can put the same point across with proper argument and fact based debate. god i know it's the late late show and rte so i know what to expect so i don't bother but it's disheartening i'm paying for this **** when we could have so much more. the scraping the barrel needs to end!!!

who isn't allowing us to say stuff? last time i checked we are in ireland. i don't know of any laws banning us from having opinions.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

But calling Trump supporters ***** is ok?

Not sure what point you're trying (badly) to make.

it never existed in the first place, so it couldn't come to an end when it doesn't even exist.

why should my licence fee be going toards bottom of the barrel quality like her, when they're are plenty of good quality commentators out there who can put the same point across with proper argument and fact based debate. god i know it's the late late show and rte so i know what to expect so i don't bother but it's disheartening i'm paying for this **** when we could have so much more. the scraping the barrel needs to end!!!

who isn't allowing us to say stuff? last time i checked we are in ireland. i don't know of any laws banning us from having opinions.

You have some eyesight to pull such random quotes from this thread. And you still manage to make your post absolutely pointless and uninteresting.

• Advertisement

Not sure what point you're trying (badly) to make.

Boards censored the word you called Trump supporters when I typed it.

How come you can use the C word uncensored?

CNUTS???

I put the word between the "nocensor" code.

[nocensor][/nocensor]

Mr Joe wrote: »

Funniest video I've seen lately....:pac: Funnier than a lot of what passess for comedy now lol

I know it's heavily edited, but there must be someone out there who says YAY she can actually say this!

The proof of the pudding for me is the the fact that she sits back, and lets the opposition get mad as hell.

Pure drama. And it's fekkin great!

The muzzle is off with this woman. Go girl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

We as a society are conditioned by the media, and it's human nature to fear change. So control the media control the people. Our society can be just as easily manipulated as any authoritarian dictatorship. Our brand of **** happens to be western culture. Its just amazing to watch people gang up on people with different opinions. That's why the polls got it so wrong people were afraid to say they were trump supporters but the still voted for him.

None of which answers why you want irish nationlists to appease/entertain a women who says we ahold hang out head in shame over not wearing poppies???

• Registered Users Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭20Cent

Was laughing at the two college student fellas complaining that they were afraid to let people know they were trump supporters,on the top rated tv show.

Also hopkins complaining that her voice was being censored. She has a newspaper column, a radio show and is on tv a lot.

Whiney mofos.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭dav3

Clown?
    Carpenter?
    Crab?
    Cloaca?

20Cent wrote: »
    Was laughing at the two college student fellas complaining that they were afraid to let people know they were trump supporters,on the top rated tv show.

Also hopkins complaining that her voice was being censored. She has a newspaper column, a radio show and is on tv a lot.

Whiney mofos.

They seem to think being disagreed with is the same as being silenced. The poor little snowflakes.

dav3 wrote: »
    Clown?
    Carpenter?
    Crab?
    Cloaca?

Crocodile.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 67 ✭✭Bonaparted

They seem to think being disagreed with is the same as being silenced. The poor little snowflakes.

You'd risk being violently attacked if you said that you were a Trump supporter in an Irish university setting.

• Advertisement

Bonaparted wrote: »
    You'd risk being violently attacked if you said that you were a Trump supporter in an Irish university setting.

Where....what college???

• Registered Users Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭20Cent

Yeah Irish students are notoriously political. Not.
    The lads should find a safe space for themselves or call the tone police to mind them.

Have you ever been in an Irish university?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

Correct.

There are no laws banning opinions but there are people who, rather than debate, are hell bent on ensuring that those opinions get minimum airing. There was a time when people here had difficulty advocating free availability of contraceptives, divorce, non-persecution of gay people, when there was uproar over a bit of a laugh on tv about a honeymoon nightie. And the mantra always was : "why should my license fee be going towards this?" For much of my life I thought the world was becoming more tolerant, inclusive and democratic. I was wrong.

P.S. I abhor Trump and Hopkins.

A different side of the same young Irish coin.

Wow, what part of Ireland did that happen in? Maybe they attacked him for driving on the wrong side of the road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Any of these yokes who have a publicist are not worth thinking about at all!

Free speech is no longer available anymore. It is more heavily censored now than ever before.

We seem to have to conform to one view. Whether that is Globalisation is good, safe space is good, immigration is great, pay for everyone, etc. and so on.

Why are the above examples so correct? We actually need to be able to debate and question them. But no, we are not allowed to.

Think about it.

• Advertisement

Free speech is no longer available anymore. It is more heavily censored now than ever before.

We seem to have to conform to one view. Whether that is Globalisation is good, safe space is good, immigration is great, pay for everyone, etc. and so on.

Why are the above examples so correct? We actually need to be able to debate and question them. But no, we are not allowed to.

Think about it.

Why do you not want everyone to get paid....going by your example?

Advertisement