Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Katie Hopkins

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭dav3

Free speech is no longer available anymore...

And yet here you are freely giving your opinions and talking sh*te on an internet forum. Something doesn't quite add up here.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭20Cent

Free speech is no longer available anymore. It is more heavily censored now than ever before.

We seem to have to conform to one view. Whether that is Globalisation is good, safe space is good, immigration is great, pay for everyone, etc. and so on.

Why are the above examples so correct? We actually need to be able to debate and question them. But no, we are not allowed to.

Think about it.

What's stopping anyone speaking about the above?
    Afraid others will challenge those "telling it how it is?"

Man the hopkins brigade are the biggest whinging babies of all.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,912 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

dav3 wrote: »
    And yet here you are freely giving your opinions and talking sh*te on an internet forum. Something doesn't quite add up here.

Ah here love, we can talk here to an extent (until the Mod descends!). But I'm talking MSM.

That is so leftie liberal I would be sometimes afraid to eat my cornflakes unless they said it was ok to do so. LOL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

That is so leftie liberal I would be sometimes afraid to eat my cornflakes unless they said it was ok to do so. LOL.

:rolleyes:

Seriously??
    Do people really take the media and opinion pieces that serious

Perhaps the internet isn't for you :)

(Stay away from the YouTube comment sections :pac: )

Why do you not want everyone to get paid....going by your example?

Not sure what you mean there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭dav3

Ah here love, we can talk here to an extent (until the Mod descends!). But I'm talking MSM.

What does the Miami Sound Machine have to do with anything?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Mr Joe

People should watch the George Hook segment from the D'Arcy show tonight!

It was Hopkins vs Tubridy II, with Darcy 10x worse and cringeworthy, and Hook attacking the Irish Times, RTE, calling Bill Clinton an abuser of women...was gold :D

Not sure what you mean there.

You post mentioned three things you perceive that can't be challanged/you are againest

One of which was pay for everyone....why are you againest it??

You post mentioned three things you perceive that can't be challanged/you are againest

One of which was pay for everyone....why are you againest it??

I am not against paying for everyone if they have paid in something towards their benefits themselves.

Those who cannot contribute due to genuine disability of whatever form are exempt of course.

I am not against paying for everyone if they have paid in something towards their benefits themselves.

Those who cannot contribute due to genuine disability of whatever form are exempt of course.

Why did you put it down as an example you were againest/felt couldn't be challenged?? :pac:

• Advertisement

Mr Joe wrote: »
    People should watch the George Hook segment from the D'Arcy show tonight!

It was Hopkins vs Tubridy II, with Darcy 10x worse and cringeworthy, and Hook attacking the Irish Times, RTE, calling Bill Clinton an abuser of women...was gold :D

But I thought all the trump non-PC people were being shut down. They only seem to have tv, radio shows and newspaper columns to express themselves poor things.

Why did you put it down as an example you were againest/felt couldn't be challenged?? :pac:

Do you think EVERYONE should be entitled to benefits for life whether they have contributed or not?

Do you think EVERYONE should be entitled to benefits for life whether they have contributed or not?

Meh....never let it bother tbh....too busy to be thinking of it

I'd imagine somehow the number doing so is so low it's irrelevant :D:D

See.....the world hasn't ended when you posted that :rolleyes: :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

20Cent wrote: »
    But I thought all the trump non-PC people were being shut down. They only seem to have tv, radio shows and newspaper columns to express themselves poor things.

There seem to be endless number of articles written these days about how supposed non PC views are not allowed and yet none of the people writing these articles seem to have noticed that they are actually writing these article and therefore contradicting the point they are making.

Meh....never let it bother tbh....too busy to be thinking of it

I'd imagine somehow the number doing so is so low it's irrelevant :D:D

See.....the world hasn't ended when you posted that :rolleyes: :D

Ah be grand. Only having the craic.

There seem to be endless number of articles written these days about how supposed non PC views are not allowed and yet none of the people writing these articles seem to have noticed that they are actually writing these article and therefore contradicting the point they are making.

Remember the same sex marriage campaign the no side complaining that they weren't being given a chance to express their views while on top rated tv shows. You couldn't make it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

The basic gist of most of those articles is: "the blacks, the queers or the feminists are getting a bit uppity, and we can't be having that now, lads."

Surly it's the very basic first step in getting readership is to make them think they wont read read what your writhing anywhere else

Even at the height of the troubles and section 30....an poblacht was widely available like

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭TheOven

The Breda effect. Writing for one of the main news providers in the country, being invited as one of the opposing views as both sides are required to have 50:50 time on TV and radio. Spend most of that time complaining about not being able to say something. What happens when they say something? Others dare to say something and don't just agree with them!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

dav3 wrote: »

For the moment!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ligerdub

RayM wrote: »
    I'm amazed at the (frankly monotonous) regularity with which these "things we are not allowed to say" are actually said.

Yeah? They are allowed to be said alright, but in the case of the exception proves the rule, and primarily to indulge in a bit of hissing and booing afterwards.

One these things get said they are thrown back into the box for a while, the usual narrative then pops back up on loop.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 916 ✭✭✭osmiumartist

What's stopping anyone speaking about the above?
    Afraid others will challenge those "telling it how it is?"

Man the hopkins brigade are the biggest whinging babies of all.
    This is in a thread where the woman in question had a campaign to stop her appearing, was openly called a Nazi by the supposed chair, insulted in her absence later on in the show, and then RTE lied about her supporting "far right" politics when she said "right"?
    Yeah, nothing trying to stop them at all, is there?

This is in a thread where the woman in question had a campaign to stop her appearing, was openly called a Nazi by the supposed chair and then RTE lied about her supporting "far right" politics when she said "right"?
    Yeah, nothing trying to stop them at all, is there?

Doubt she needs tone police like yourself to help her. She can give it out no problem. Should be able to take it. We don't need to provide her with a safe space.

Ucd and trinners liberal lefties FTW.

How would anyone be able to say that Trump might just be the Prez of the century?

He played the game and got elected. So onwards and upwards.

He might just be the best potus for a long time, because little is expected from him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ligerdub

Was laughing at the two college student fellas complaining that they were afraid to let people know they were trump supporters,on the top rated tv show.

Also hopkins complaining that her voice was being censored. She has a newspaper column, a radio show and is on tv a lot.

Whiney mofos.

There is no social cost within a group by saying it on that forum.

When they are in a social gathering with a group of peers or friends there is a group dynamic that goes on and the usual gifts or punishment that come with your actions.

So the idea of having your temper your views in one setting is not incompatible with the idea of stating your views on a television show.

Bear in mind it's not that they can't say it, it's that they can't say it without getting a hell of a lot of grief. It's easier to keep the mouth shut, but that's hardly right.

How would anyone be able to say that Trump might just be the Prez of the century?

He might just be the best potus for a long time, because little is expected from him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 916 ✭✭✭osmiumartist

Doubt she needs tone police like yourself to help her. She can give it out no problem. Should be able to take it. We don't need to provide her with a safe space.
    Whether I support her or not or she can take care of herself or not makes pretty much f**k all difference to me shredding your theory that there's nothing stopping her airing her views.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

In that case if Paul McShane ever plays again for Ireland he might be considered our best defender for a long time.

Whether I support her or not or she can take care of herself or not makes pretty much f**k all difference to me shredding your theory that there's nothing stopping her airing her views.

What's stopping her?
    Criticism isn't stopping.

• Advertisement

ligerdub wrote: »
    There is no social cost within a group by saying it on that forum.

When they are in a social gathering with a group of peers or friends there is a group dynamic that goes on and the usual gifts or punishment that come with your actions.

So the idea of having your temper your views in one setting is not incompatible with the idea of stating your views on a television show.

Bear in mind it's not that they can't say it, it's that they can't say it without getting a hell of a lot of grief. It's easier to keep the mouth shut, but that's hardly right.

Sounds like they need a safe space.

If they are confident to go on national television they are confident enough to say it to their peers.

Advertisement