Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Katie Hopkins

Options
191011121315»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ligerdub

20Cent wrote: »
    If you want to deport or ban people just because of where they are from sorry that's racism.

Racism in gone?

Dunno what the middle bit means.

They want to deport them because they are there illegally! There is no controversy there, it's fairly standard in most places.

The issue with the Muslim ban was a temporary proposal, and if you cast your mind back a few months you'll recall it was done at a time when ISIS were terrorising Europe. I appreciate there is culpability here with the US, and that it is much worse in the Middle East. Having said that there were clearly obvious dangers from radicalised Muslim groups towards the likes of Europe and the US. It's not that long ago when over 2,000 people died in New York from a terrorist attack inspired by religious fanaticism.

I guess he looked at it and figured the risk-reward ratio to keeping the head in the sand was on the side of risk rather than reward. People have short memories, so are clinging to this racist angle for his reason to keep stronger controls on that issue. They weren't so vocal when someone blew himself up in a Brussels train station, or run over 100 people in a truck in Nice. These aren't pleasant proposals, nobody in their heart of hearts thinks they felt warm and fuzzy when they heard them, but they aren't pleasant times either.

He has toned the message down in the period since as things look to be much less intense in terms of risk now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭20Cent

Sadly the alt right feel so sorry for themselves they can't even see racism anymore. Most oppressed people ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

ligerdub wrote: »
    They want to deport them because they are there illegally! There is no controversy there, it's fairly standard in most places.

The issue with the Muslim ban was a temporary proposal, and if you cast your mind back a few months you'll recall it was done at a time when ISIS were terrorising Europe. I appreciate there is culpability here with the US, and that it is much worse in the Middle East. Having said that there were clearly obvious dangers from radicalised Muslim groups towards the likes of Europe and the US. It's not that long ago when over 2,000 people died in New York from a terrorist attack inspired by religious fanaticism.

I guess he looked at it and figured the risk-reward ratio to keeping the head in the sand was on the side of risk rather than reward. People have short memories, so are clinging to this racist angle for his reason to keep stronger controls on that issue. They weren't so vocal when someone blew himself up in a Brussels train station, or run over 100 people in a truck in Nice. These aren't pleasant proposals, nobody in their heart of hearts thinks they felt warm and fuzzy when they heard them, but they aren't pleasant times either.

He has toned the message down in the period since as things look to be much less intense in terms of risk now.

Good points.

I don't think it is a terrible idea to postpone immigration by anyone who is known to have been indoctrinated into Islam, in order to determine the level to which they are indoctrinated. If the IRA were rooted in Catholicism and were wreaking havoc globally I'd see it the same way if he'd been talking about Catholics. Under the circumstances at the time, I can understand the spirit of his notorious comment on Muslim immigration. That is not to say it's the best idea in the world, just that it's not the heinous, horrible expression of racism some people think it was.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 916 ✭✭✭osmiumartist

Sadly the alt right feel so sorry for themselves
    What the hell are you on about? The last thing I'm seeing any right winger doing is feeling sorry for themselves around now. Why on earth would they be? Because you think so?

20Cent wrote:
    Sadly the alt right feel so sorry for themselves they can't even see racism anymore. Most oppressed people ever.

Who is the alt right exactly?

• Advertisement

ligerdub wrote: »
    Who is the alt right exactly?

Glad you asked.
    They are the most oppressed individuals in the history of the earth.
    It has been around for a while but the revolution happened when Bruce Jenner became Caitlin. The alt right wanted to keep referring to her as he on twitter and facebook. Blue haired lesbians with pierced noses took issue with this and told them they should use she. Outraged by this the alt right decided that to find the nuttiest sociopath they could find and get him elected president in order to upset the lesbians.

Hope that's clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭chocksaway

Glad you asked.
    It has been around for a while but the revolution happened when Bruce Jenner became Caitlin. The alt right wanted to keep referring to her as he on twitter and facebook. Blue haired lesbians with pierced noses took issue with this and told them they should use she. Outraged by this the alt right decided that to find the nuttiest sociopath they could find and get him elected president in order to upset the lesbians.

Hope that's clear.

Thats some crack you're smoking

Glad you asked.

Hope that's clear.

Haha. Gotta admit I liked that one.

Blue haired lesbians with pierced noses

Hope that's clear.

They've ruined crazy hair colour for everyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Advbrd

Glad you asked.

Hope that's clear.

Glad I came back to this thread. It's making as much sense as ever.

• Advertisement

Advbrd wrote: »
    Glad I came back to this thread. It's making as much sense as ever.

Well if anyone has a better explanation feel free to share it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭golfball37

Well if anyone has a better explanation feel free to share it.

Not the craziest thing I've heard by a long shot. For example one of the slam dunk Hilary States was NC but I have cousins there who say people voted for Trump over Transgenders/Unisex Toilets which was a big issue in that State apparently.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭A Little Pony

Ryan acted like he had never heard controversial stuff before on his show. Is he usually like that? She has always been a bit annoying and shouting over people.

Ryan acted like he had never heard controversial stuff before on his show. Is he usually like that? She has always been a bit annoying and shouting over people.

She's unconventional in the conventional way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭BalcombeSt4

Good points.

I don't think it is a terrible idea to postpone immigration by anyone who is known to have been indoctrinated into Islam, in order to determine the level to which they are indoctrinated. If the IRA were rooted in Catholicism and were wreaking havoc globally I'd see it the same way if he'd been talking about Catholics. Under the circumstances at the time, I can understand the spirit of his notorious comment on Muslim immigration. That is not to say it's the best idea in the world, just that it's not the heinous, horrible expression of racism some people think it was.

Which it wasn't & it was wreaking havoc in Britain rightly or wrongly and mainland Europe.

The UVF & UDA were motivated by religion on the other hand but I would not have felt the same in fact I'd feeled ashamed & embarrassed if the Irish government banned all Protestants from entering the South after say the Dublin & Monaghan bombings or the 72 & 73 Dublin bombings or dozens of other attacks in this state carried out by a group whose slogan was "For GOD & Ulster".

• Registered Users Posts: 7,915 ✭✭✭Patser

She's just had to pay out a fortune, and cost the mail £150000 too over claims she made against a family that just wanted to go to Disney

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-38367563

How many headline clicks will that take for the Mail to make back.

Which it wasn't & it was wreaking havoc in Britain rightly or wrongly and mainland Europe.

The UVF & UDA were motivated by religion on the other hand but I would not have felt the same in fact I'd feeled ashamed & embarrassed if the Irish government banned all Protestants from entering the South after say the Dublin & Monaghan bombings or the 72 & 73 Dublin bombings or dozens of other attacks in this state carried out by a group whose slogan was "For GOD & Ulster".

Fair point and I can't say I'd love it but I'd understand it if something like what I said, happened, if there was nothing else that could be done. I could live with being delayed entry for the time it takes to ascertain that I have legitimate business in the UK. Not the ideal and problematic in itself but I could understand it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,127 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Patser wrote: »
    She's just had to pay out a fortune, and cost the mail £150000 too over claims she made against a family that just wanted to go to Disney

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-38367563

How many headline clicks will that take for the Mail to make back.

probably not long. The sidebar of shame is a money spinner. I think it might be the most viewed "news site" in the world. If it's not the most viewed it's pretty near the top.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

Aye, 150 grand would be small change for the likes of the Mail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

mzungu wrote: »
    Aye, 150 grand would be small change for the likes of the Mail.

They'd have weighted it up. What's the likely fine vs clicks. I'm sure they won't have lost any money on the article.

• Advertisement
Advertisement