Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 3) *Updated Warning in 1st Post Re:Boxing match

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

His next fight will be McGregor vs Nate III either @ MSG in Nov or on the New Year's Eve Eve Vegas card.

JK has already said a LW title defense is next

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    I'm willing to put money on that 90% of the people complaining about how staged and fake it is will still watch the fight.
    Probably for the same reason they watch the press promos though. Just at fight time it will be slightly more realistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 MeasuringT

Why not? Contracts are signed in this fashion every day. Wanna hire a car? Sign this contract. Wanna sign up to Sky? Sign this contract. It could be worded quite simply.

If I was Floyd, i'd make it as embarrassing as possible too. Here's the contract you asked for "I, Conor McGregor, agree to forfeit my portion of the fight purse, after the UFC's end is paid, if I lose this fight against Floyd Mayweather on August 26th." or words to that effect. Does't have to be flowery language, straight and to the point. Sign it or you are a coward who doesn't believe in himself. Once its signed its binding.

Floyd gets paid, Dana gets paid, McGregor gets nothing.

All Conor has to do is sign with the signature "**** you" or just up the stakes. Up the stakes by saying if Floyd loses Conor gets the whole Team Mayweather brand etc

Anyone think that there may be some clause in the contracts that Conor can't bring up anything about Floyds domestic abuse?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Why not? Contracts are signed in this fashion every day. Wanna hire a car? Sign this contract. Wanna sign up to Sky? Sign this contract. It could be worded quite simply.

If I was Floyd, i'd make it as embarrassing as possible too. Here's the contract you asked for "I, Conor McGregor, agree to forfeit my portion of the fight purse, after the UFC's end is paid, if I lose this fight against Floyd Mayweather on August 26th." or words to that effect. Does't have to be flowery language, straight and to the point. Sign it or you are a coward who doesn't believe in himself. Once its signed its binding.

Floyd gets paid, Dana gets paid, McGregor gets nothing.

You're embarrassing yourself. That quip was a minor happening in last night's proceedings and you're stretching it out to make it look like Floyd came out on top.
    Would you go away out that. It was the McGrgeor show last night.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

MeasuringT wrote: »
    All Conor has to do is sign with the signature "**** you" or just up the stakes. Up the stakes by saying if Floyd loses Conor gets the whole Team Mayweather brand etc

That's nonsense. If he doesn't sign, he'll be shown to be a coward on the world stage. I doubt Floyd will get one made up, but there is no wriggle room. He's stated categorically that he'd sign it. Any flip-flopping and Floyd owns him.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,479 ✭✭✭Inviere

Anyone think that there may be some clause in the contracts that Conor can't bring up anything about Floyds domestic abuse?

It certainly seems that way, Conor would have brought it up by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭PhilipsR

That's nonsense. If he doesn't sign, he'll be shown to be a coward on the world stage. I doubt Floyd will get one made up, but there is no wriggle room. He's stated categorically that he'd sign it. Any flip-flopping and Floyd owns him.

You'll literally do anything to put down McGregor in any way, shape or form. It's incredibly sad.

You're embarrassing yourself. That quip was a minor happening in last night's proceedings and you're stretching it out to make it look like Floyd came out on top.
    Would you go away out that. It was the McGrgeor show last night.

It was a s**t show last night. F**k the Mayweathers? You act like you're 10. You can't read. I've heard better insults on a school playground. But the mentality of most McGregor fans lap that up. Because curse words are cool. Lowest common denominater stuff. Last night was very reminiscent of Aldo in Dublin, except Mayweather could answer back. London is going to be much worse.

PhilipsR wrote: »
    You'll literally do anything to put down McGregor in any way, shape or form. It's incredibly sad.

He does enough to put himself down. I didn't make him say he'd sign away his purse. I didn't make him call Mayweather "boy", knowing the connotations. I didn't make him throw his national flag at Mayweather.

The fanboys are laughable, excusing everything he does.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,970 ✭✭✭✭rob316

He does enough to put himself down. I didn't make him say he'd sign away his purse. I didn't make him call Mayweather "boy", knowing the connotations. I didn't make him throw his national flag at Mayweather.

The whole thing is cringey from both sides. Watch it if you want if not, don't bother, your clogging up the thread.

rob316 wrote: »
    The whole thing is cringey from both sides. Watch it if you want if not, don't bother, your clogging up the thread.

Clogging up the thread by talking about the latest press conference, in a discussion thread?? I did watch it, and that is what i'm discussing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭GerryDerpy

Salty. Love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,479 ✭✭✭Inviere

Agreed, but the anti-fanboys are just the other side of the same coin. Yawn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭red ears

I was a little uncomfortable watching last night, I remember seeing this young girl who looked about 11 or 12 looking ashen faced and shocked as if she had just witnessed a car crash. It then dawned on me this might be Mayweather's daughter. Conor was getting the whole crowd to chant fu*k the Mayweather's. Conor then lays into the showtime executive. Effing and blinding. It just seemed a little over the top and trashy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

It was a s**t show last night. F**k the Mayweathers?

Even the Mayweathers laughed at that.....
    You act like you're 10.

Floyd said he was 40, but looks 20... and McGregor said 'and acts 10' ...... it was funny.
    You can't read.

Again, was funny in the context of McGregor saying he carries round a schoolbag..... it's just referencing something that has followed Floyd for a long while via memes and all sorts, quit taking it all so serious.
    But the mentality of most McGregor fans lap that up. Because curse words are cool.

Yeah, people are laughing cause he used curse words..... would ya stop
    Lowest common denominater stuff. Last night was very reminiscent of Aldo in Dublin, except Mayweather could answer back. London is going to be much worse.

You'd swear someone was forcing you to watch it the way you go on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

red ears wrote: »
    I was a little uncomfortable watching last night, I remember seeing this young girl who looked about 11 or 12 looking ashen faced and shocked as if she had just witnessed a car crash. It then dawned on me this might be Mayweather's daughter. Conor was getting the whole crowd to chant fu*k the Mayweather's. Conor then lays into the showtime executive. Effing and blinding. It just seemed a little over the top and trashy.

Don't bring your daughter to a fight then. I'm sure his daughter has seen worse at home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭red ears

D.Q wrote: »
    Don't bring your daughter to a fight then. I'm sure his daughter has seen worse at home.

I agree she shouldn't have been there, but that aside laying into that executive its was gutter stuff. Unseemly. Like i said i felt uncomfortable watching it and i never felt that before with his antics. Something was just off for me last night about it. I will watch the next one no doubt but i hope the whole fight business doesn't go down that route.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Sweet Science

People are taking a press conference way too serious .

None of it is real .

Its all an allusion and people lapping it up

Its fake news

Also , look at Frankie Boyles tweet from last night it's hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Didn't Floyd beat his daughters mother around the place in front of her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Mayweathers camp seem delighted with Coner's promotion so far, they all laugh along with the jokes. I'd say all they hear is cha-ching every time Coner tells them to go **** themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Has it been announced who's showing the fight over here yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Has it been announced who's showing the fight over here yet?

No. But AFAIK BT don't do PPV's. Hearn already said Sky are looking at it, it'll most likely be Sky, same setup as MayPac.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Lukker- wrote: »
    No. But AFAIK BT don't do PPV's. Hearn already said Sky are looking at it, it'll most likely be Sky, same setup as MayPac.

Probably have Eddie Hearn on stage in London.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

I would imagine they will have it for the London conference who is showing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

Of course there is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Lukker- wrote: »

Not that I be buying it (my American cousin is posting me a copy:D) what'll it be here 20 odd euro? Or could it be higher cause of the Irish influence involved? Could it go as high as 50? People would probably pay it

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Effects wrote: »
    Of course there is.

Didn't someone mention Mayweather responding to a question about women that he'll keep that for the last press conference ?

Think he'd do best to avoid that subject completely. Only one of them did time for domestic abuse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭HONKEY TONK

It must be just for Conor not to bring it up because John Kavanagh seem to freely do it

• Advertisement

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    Didn't someone mention Mayweather responding to a question about women that he'll keep that for the last press conference ?

Think he'd do best to avoid that subject completely. Only one of them did time for domestic abuse.

He then said afterwards to Schaub et al. that he had noting baout girls and Conor

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement