Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 3) *Updated Warning in 1st Post Re:Boxing match

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

The goal of this for Conor is to rile up the opposition so they let the emotions get to them in the ring, Floyd isn't fazed and Nate wasn't fazed so technically Conor has 'won' nothing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

dave1982 wrote: »

Conor Mcgregory :D:D:D

The clown Bayless doesn't even know what a pull counter is. Jesus wept.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

That was worth staying up for. Will probably skip tomorrow and watch London with a few beers on Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

The clown Bayless doesn't even know what a pull counter is. Jesus wept.

I honestly couldn't understand what senior was saying. I thought he was saying a pull Conor. Think that's what Bayless was hearing too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Whelo79 wrote: »
    I honestly couldn't understand what senior was saying. I thought he was saying a pull Conor. Think that's what Bayless was hearing too.

No, he repeated it several times and Bayless flat out said he didn't know what a pull counter is.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Even after saying 'Fcuk the Mayeathers!'......... it's mad that they were in bits laughing (including Floyd) when he then said 'Fcuk Showtime too' :P

https://twitter.com/MMAUNOcom/status/885285337903374336

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Seeing and hearing Senior and Junior is like watching these two o5a37.jpg?a416328

Have they been spotted in the same room together?

Of course everyone on stage is laughing, all the way to.... you know the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭gilmour

I never thought i'd see the day where Floyd Mayweather is calling someone an eejit. The world is going full retard, the whole shebang. And its a ****ing laugh :D

• Advertisement

McGregor changed that balloon's bum life!

https://twitter.com/natedogmma1/status/885275125247070208

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

No, he repeated it several times and Bayless flat out said he didn't know what a pull counter is.

Listen to Bayless repeat it,he says pull Conor.

Senior doesn't pronounce the T in counter. Can't believe I'm defending skip Bayless on something :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

There's so much negativity in this world lately (I suppose there always has been).

I'm absolutely loving this week and the fight itself - win, lose or draw - will be one of the moments in time we will all remember where we were for it.

Call me crazy but continuing in this upside-down world we live in, I could see in Conor's eyes with Ariel that he wants to fight Justin Gaethje next.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭finglashoop

There's so much negativity in this world lately (I suppose there always has been).

I'm absolutely loving this week and the fight itself - win, lose or draw - will be one of the moments in time we will all remember where we were for it.

Call me crazy but continuing in this upside-down world we live in, I could see in Conor's eyes with Ariel that he wants to fight Justin Gaethje next.

Yeah but its a kardashian like spectacle rather than a sporting spectacle. I avoided it to be honest after the handbags at 20 paces staredown. I like the q&a style ufc press conference. That would probably get my attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Is there an interview of that wonder?? He'd kill Gaethje

You're now able to mind read Conor :pac:

no need for him to fight now dec 30th because forbes list doesnt go jan to dec as he said, he will bleed the ufc next year to pay him to return.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Stonedpilot

Simple for Mayweather to own Conor at these WWE style conferences. Pull out contract ask him to sign it which states to him to bet his fight purse on the outcome of the fight.

Hes not that brave. In fact without the drunk crowd his coked up f ing and jeffing sound crass megalomaniac and bitter. All his talk would he bet the purse on himself?.

No way!.

Simple for Mayweather to own Conor at these WWE style conferences. Pull out contract ask him to sign it which states to him to bet his fight purse on the outcome of the fight.

Hes not that brave. In fact without the drunk crowd his coked up f ing and jeffing sound crass megalomaniac and bitter. All his talk would he bet the purse on himself?.

No way!.

And McGregor could do the same and draw a contract up for using 4oz gloves and watch him **** himself, ridiculous comments.

No way!.

Wouldn't make a whole lot of sense to bet even money with Floyd when he could get 6/1 on himself with the bookies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Stonedpilot

Gamebred wrote: »
    And McGregor could do the same and draw a contract up for using 4oz gloves and watch him **** himself, ridiculous comments.

No the fight is set up no changes to the fight whatsoever except Floyds suggestion to bet the pay cheques on the outcome. Id like to see Conor face that proposition. For a start make the fight interesting, instead of the foreplay sparring session it will be. Put the purse on the line would at least make them "want it" and make it somewhat real these two putting on a show for a glorifed sparring session currently.

• Advertisement

No the fight is set up no changes to the fight whatsoever except Floyds suggestion to bet the pay cheques on the outcome. Id like to see Conor face that proposition. For a start make the fight interesting, instead of the foreplay sparring session it will be. Put the purse on the line would at least make them "want it" and make it somewhat real.

Who da fuq is this guy.

No the fight is set up no changes to the fight whatsoever except Floyds suggestion to bet the pay cheques on the outcome. Id like to see Conor face that proposition. For a start make the fight interesting, instead of the foreplay sparring session it will be. Put the purse on the line would at least make them "want it" and make it somewhat real.

I'm of the opinion this is a complete money grab but I would personally bet my life McGregor is going in there to try and take his head off he doesnt need incentive hes a wise man he'll collect his 100m payday regardless,

Floyd however I think could do with some incentive to destruct him.

hefferboi wrote: »
    Is there an interview of that wonder?? He'd kill Gaethje

Well, it was just when Ariel asked him who his next opponent would be for December 30th and he said "it's chopping and changing, who is actually fighting because all I see are people yapping". He stopped shorted of naming Gaethje and this might be a stretch but I'm thinking he quite fancies fighting him.

To be fair, people are moaning about Conor holding up the division but Ferguson and Khabib have done sweet F all this year either.

At least Kevin Lee and Justin Gaethje are making a name for themselves.

His next fight will be McGregor vs Nate III either @ MSG in Nov or on the New Year's Eve Eve Vegas card.

His next fight will be McGregor vs Nate III on the New Year's Eve card.

As I've said before I refuse to believe they will allow Nate near a title shot disaster as champion they wont risk it imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

cool my nan can fight mcgregor for millions its all money at the end the day :D

Gamebred wrote: »
    As I've said before I refuse to believe they will allow Nate near a title shot disaster as champion they wont risk it imo.

He'd walk through Nate at 155, zero risk.... and it would sell the most PPVs also compared to fighting anyone else for the belt.

He'd walk through Nate at 155, zero risk.... and it would sell the most PPVs also compared to fighting anyone else for the belt.

Im not taking that bait, good night.

pudzey101 wrote: »
    cool my nan can fight mcgregor for millions its all money at the end the day :D

I see stiffness when I look at your nan.

• Advertisement

I honestly can't see Nate 3 until 2018/2019 even.

Dana is no dummy. Yes the triology would be the biggest fight the UFC could put on but is it tangibly different to Conor v Anyone else?

Not really. Even if we accept Meltzer's numbers, we're looking at 1.6m PPV buys versus 1.3m buys when we compare Diaz and Alvarez.

Given Conor's profile will be through the roof either way, Dana isn't going to end up paying Nate 10 or 15 million to fight Conor when he could get a Gaethje or Ferguson in for 2 to 3 million and the PPV buys will still be great.

Dana is not letting Nate Diaz be the 155lb champion end of discussion. It's hard enough to get either of Diaz bros to fight now, if one of them is the champion it'll be a sh1tshow again with belts being stripped.

No, they'll save the Diaz trilogy for whenever Conor loses next imo.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement