Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 3) *Updated Warning in 1st Post Re:Boxing match

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

We'll see I guess, but I still believe next fight (assuming he doesn't do the impossible on Aug 27th of course) will be Diaz III ..... sure he wouldn't be what they'd want, but he ain't gonna beat McGregor at that weight, no chance.

I also see a Dublin fight next year, maybe Croker, but if not a fight there.... somewhere in Dublin for sure.

Anyway, off the bed.......... leave any of you all with Floyd saying he thinks that he came out on top tonight :P

And yeah, yeah... we know winning pressers doesn't technically mean anyone won anything... but sure we might as well enjoy the ride while it's lasts. It's fecking surreal, really don't understand anyone that's all het up about the whole thing happening. Yeah, it's a money fight... who cares. Both fighters want to win, will be putting in the work and taking it seriously.... and that's all that really matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

One more thing, Seckbach is some tool.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

Jesus Wept wrote: »
    I see stiffness when I look at your nan.

i see my nan at 49-0

McGregor is electric
    That was hilarious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Gamebred wrote: »
    As I've said before I refuse to believe they will allow Nate near a title shot disaster as champion they wont risk it imo.

170 ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

I see stiffness when I look at your nan.

Whatever gets you going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Sweet Science

That was gas

Everyone as happy as can be up there

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

He sure knows how to build hype, that was hilarious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

myshirt wrote: »
    It wasn't an Irish flag, and I'd say Floyd knew that. It's like when he put on the Man United Jersey against Hatton. Still though, yeah, shouldn't be throwing any country flag around.

It was an Irish flag!!

Gamebred wrote: »
    And McGregor could do the same and draw a contract up for using 4oz gloves and watch him **** himself, ridiculous comments.

Difference is, there's nothing to stop him putting his purse up legally. However, no matter what Floyd signs, NSAC would never allow the fight to go ahead with 4oz or 8oz gloves. Floyd used the old rope-a-dope.

I'm hoping that schoolbag has a purse-gambling contract in it soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,472 ✭✭✭Inviere

It was an Irish flag!!

I took it he was throwing it back towards the fan who owned it, & it just didn't make it across...Floyd just happened to be in the way.

Inviere wrote: »
    I took it he was throwing it back towards the fan who owned it, & it just didn't make it across...Floyd just happened to be in the way.

He threw it directly at Floyd. Hahaha

Difference is, there's nothing to stop him putting his purse up legally. However, no matter what Floyd signs, NSAC would never allow the fight to go ahead with 4oz or 8oz gloves. Floyd used the old rope-a-dope.

I'm hoping that schoolbag has a purse-gambling contract in it soon.

You couldnt have a 12 round boxing match with 4oz gloves . Floyds ( and most boxers ) hands would break easily

He threw it directly at Floyd. Hahaha

Even so, he was put in the position of being made look like Floyd's b1tch by being handed the flag...he had to do something to avoid that. Taking into account for a moment that it's a piece of cloth with colours on it, throwing it at Floyd was the only way to counter it being handed to him.

All the bitchery like "boy" being racist, and now he's insulting the whole of Ireland by throwing a flag....jesus :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,030 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I just watched the antics there from the press conference, or whatever you wanna call it, but it was cringeworthy.

CMcG was acting blacker than a black man. Someone needs to tell him he's not a gangsta.

I thought this whole fight was a farce from the start, but with each press conference it will get more ridiculous.

NIMAN wrote: »
    I just watched the antics there from the press conference, or whatever you wanna call it, but it was cringeworthy.

CMcG was acting blacker than a black man. Someone needs to tell him he's not a gangsta.

I thought this whole fight was a farce from the start, but with each press conference it will get more ridiculous.

Yeah but people are lapping it up . It's gone past trying to talk people around to what it is . Just enjoy the show

• Registered Users Posts: 33,030 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Yeah but people are lapping it up . It's gone past trying to talk people around to what it is . Just enjoy the show

Sorry, but can't enjoy that. Thats why it has taken me seevral days and a moment of boredom to wven watch the clips.

I had an idea what they'd be like, but they are on a completely different level of cringe. Its almost like something from a spoof film at this stage.

Both of them laughing all the way to the bank, parting fools from their money.

NIMAN wrote: »
    Sorry, but can't enjoy that. Thats why it has taken me seevral days and a moment of boredom to wven watch the clips.

I had an idea what they'd be like, but they are on a completely different level of cringe. Its almost like something from a spoof film at this stage.

Both of them laughing all the way to the bank, parting fools from their money.

Oh i agree but i've lost the will to argue with people over it . Lads in work saying Floyd is shook . The man has never been happier

• Registered Users Posts: 10 MeasuringT

Why can't people just enjoy the show?

There is always going to be an element of cringe when you have 2 athletes delivering roasts of each other.

Is Mayweather shook? No. Is Conor shook? No.

As Conor said it is only noise.

People read too much into a press conference as if it was an international relations incident.

Conor and Floyd were enjoyable yesterday.

Oh i agree but i've lost the will to argue with people over it . Lads in work saying Floyd is shook . The man has never been happier

I've been getting that on Facebook too. Floyd looks like a rabbit in the headlights, McGregor is in Floyds head and he doesn't know what to do.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭GerryDerpy

Woke up smiling this morning, isn't that all that matters?

Deedsie wrote: »
    He has done more to fly the Irish flag proudly all over the world

"Ireland Baby! We did it!!!"

CqTN28cXEAA26ae.jpg

Nuff said, next snowflake controversy please...

Wouldn't make a whole lot of sense to bet even money with Floyd when he could get 6/1 on himself with the bookies.

Don't think bookies do bets on tick.

You couldnt have a 12 round boxing match with 4oz gloves . Floyds ( and most boxers ) hands would break easily

I understand that, and it would never be sanctioned, so McGregor could call his bluff, pull out a contract, Mayweather could sign anything stating that he wants to fight in 4ozs, NSAC block it and Mayweather doesn't lose face.

If Mayweather pulls out a contract for them to put their purses on the line. McGregor either signs it and does the fight for free, or he loses face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭GerryDerpy

I understand that, and it would never be sanctioned, so McGregor could call his bluff, pull out a contract, Mayweather could sign anything stating that he wants to fight in 4ozs, NSAC block it and Mayweather doesn't lose face.

If Mayweather pulls out a contract for them to put their purses on the line. McGregor either signs it and does the fight for free, or he loses face.

Yeah...don't think contracts are signed in such a fashion.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Why didn't conor brubg up the 4oz gloves/octagon crap floyd said the previous night?

I was waiting for conor to throw the money into the crowd, they would have been amazing haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,970 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Lads no one is putting their purses on the line its all hot air. I'm enjoying it but the whole thing is absolutely ridiculous, its a real circus and embarrassing in some stages.

GerryDerpy wrote: »
    Yeah...don't think contracts are signed in such a fashion.

Why not? Contracts are signed in this fashion every day. Wanna hire a car? Sign this contract. Wanna sign up to Sky? Sign this contract. It could be worded quite simply.

If I was Floyd, i'd make it as embarrassing as possible too. Here's the contract you asked for "I, Conor McGregor, agree to forfeit my portion of the fight purse, after the UFC's end is paid, if I lose this fight against Floyd Mayweather on August 26th." or words to that effect. Does't have to be flowery language, straight and to the point. Sign it or you are a coward who doesn't believe in himself. Once its signed its binding.

Floyd gets paid, Dana gets paid, McGregor gets nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

I'm willing to put money on that 90% of the people complaining about how staged and fake it is will still watch the fight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

I've been getting that on Facebook too. Floyd looks like a rabbit in the headlights, McGregor is in Floyds head and he doesn't know what to do.

Very doubtful he's in Floyd's head. Whether or not McGregor can win, there's no doubt in Floyd's mind that he can beat someone with no pro boxing experience.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement