Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 3) *Updated Warning in 1st Post Re:Boxing match

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,474 ✭✭✭Inviere

At 155 he's gonna feel the effect of those punches far more and I think would not be as shy about going in to finish him off then as a result.

There'd be less behind the punches too don't forget, at the lower weight. Conor was wise not to get involved in Nate's ground game...stick to where you have the advantage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Sweet Science

Would the UFC not have Nate crash a press conference ?

Now that would be good with 2 people who have history and a genuine rivalry and would build up the 3rd fight to a wider audience.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,038 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

NIMAN wrote: »
    Sorry, but can't enjoy that. Thats why it has taken me seevral days and a moment of boredom to wven watch the clips.

I had an idea what they'd be like, but they are on a completely different level of cringe. Its almost like something from a spoof film at this stage.

okp66FD.gif

LMFAO, go away out of that with your several days. It only happened a few hours ago. You either watched it live last night or first thing this morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭GerryDerpy

Now that would be good with 2 people who have history and a genuine rivalry and would build up the 3rd fight to a wider audience.

That is a good idea seeing as though Floyd is incapable.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭hewhoscares

doesn't half go round in circles this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

NIMAN wrote: »
    Sorry, but can't enjoy that. Thats why it has taken me seevral days and a moment of boredom to wven watch the clips.

I had an idea what they'd be like, but they are on a completely different level of cringe. Its almost like something from a spoof film at this stage.

Both of them laughing all the way to the bank, parting fools from their money.

Several days? Event isn't even a day old. Stop pretending you don't love every single moment of it.

Haters Gonna Hate!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

It was so funny him calling the weasel looking suit guy a weasel, repeatedly :D like an out of control kid just spitting vitriol at anyone and everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Mellor wrote: »
    As above, it wasn't a split decision.
    Only 1 out of 20 media scores were in Diaz favour. It was a close fight, but fairly clear cut 3 rounds to 2. Lots of retrospective made up scoring to try to Nate, thats about it.
    A rematch wouldn't be a cake walk though, silly to claim that on the evidence from 196 and 202

Haha it my name being quoted but I didn't post that? :confused::D

I know Nate is on record as saying that he exaggerated the affect the punches had on him (as a ply to try and get Conor to the ground) but I don't by that, as you could see his legs went and he was clearly trying to stay on his feet.
    The third time he went down he was playing possum a bit. That was clear enough.

However, that doesn't exclude the fact he went down. Firas Zahabi had a great breakdown of the fight. he basically said he believe Nate went down intentionally the 3rd time. But that's still a knock down, as he wanted out of that situation and to regain conttrol on the ground.

It'd be a nice little teaser for the rubber match. But two HUGE problems with that.
    Showtime would be all over it that stuff, and...
    ...good luck getting Nate to turn up anywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

PhilipsR wrote:
    I'm not a fanboy in any sense of the word.

Gamebred is the original fanboy. He turned into a boxing guy for this scrap

• Advertisement

I preferred him as a rabid fan boy tbh :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

PhilipsR wrote: »
    I'm not a fanboy in any sense of the word.

But you are literally the exact opposite of a McGregor fanboy and that's even more laughable. You won't give him an ounce of credit.

He's done brilliantly in the UFC, there is zero doubt about that, he is 100% one of the top MMA fighters in the world. His persona stinks though. I liked him when he came onto the scene (I've a signed promo poster from the Holloway fight at home), he was fresh, he was funny and he was engaging, but now he's just playing to the lowest common denominator in his press conferences, in both UFC and this boxing circus. People will prob say it got him to where he is now, but he was on his way up before he turned heel and started copying Floyds "i've more money than you" spiel. He's just not very likable to me. And as people have said before people like me tune in, more in hope than expectation, to see him taken down a few notches.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Inviere wrote: »
    I preferred him as a rabid fan boy tbh :D

Promise as soon as he comes back to mma Im all in again but im a realist, was watching Floyd long before Conor stepped near an octagon.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

darced wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

He would need to be able to swarm him after he drops him. He should have went for it the 2nd time he dropped him, Nates legs were jelly and I think he was partially out on the way down. Nate even scolded him about it post fight.

GerryDerpy wrote: »
    That is a good idea seeing as though Floyd is incapable.

Incapable of what ?

Lukker- wrote: »
    Haha it my name being quoted but I didn't post that? :confused::D

That's weird, it redirects to a post by you too (an actually post you made).
    Must and blurred two posts together. I'll edit the name.
    #fakenews

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

There's no way McGregor and Mayweather "hate" each other.

McGregor nigh on idolises Mayweather. He always looks genuinely excited when talking about the prospect of getting in the ring with Floyd. Even way back, there was an interview with McGregor, and he said "get in the ring and have a knock," and his face was just lit up with glee.

Mayweather knows McGregors game. Same game he runs. And they're doing it together.

Is it a bit crass? Yes. But sometimes you just need to say "Fuck it," and run with it.

AND they're literally using advertising metrics AS advertising. I find that just bizarre!

That was more entertaining the first night.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

https://twitter.com/JamelHerring/status/885200676636291072

anyone that thinks Conor cant be hurt by Floyds lack of ko power, exact same weight class he suffered this damage in.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

10-7 Conor.

I liked when Floyd said he would bring up females at the last press conference when he clearly has a clause in the contract stating that McGregor can't bring up his domestic violence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Deedsie wrote:
    The begrudger element. We are all familiar with these odious types in all aspects of Irish sport. An admitted initial fan who became disillusioned when McGregor got a little too successful for their own pathetic insecurities. Embarrassing listening to them and reading this rubbish.

Its not begrudgery. In fairness Conor has become less and less likable over time. And that's coming from a fan.

Its not begrudgery. In fairness Conor has become less and less likable over time. And that's coming from a fan.

I know this is a bit simplistic, but I avoid his social media and just watch the stuff that matters. Maybe I'm blissfully unaware, but I haven't found him any different than he always was...short of being a bit more sure of his abilities. Getting tangled up in anyones social media is enough to turn you off most people.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,970 ✭✭✭✭rob316

One things for sure Vince will be throwing buckets of cash at McGregor for next years WrestleMania. These promo's he's cutting are perfect for WWE minus the cursing.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭hewhoscares

Do we really think domestic violence isn't allowed to be talked about? Presume McGregor is just holding back on it for now rather than blow his beans early doors. 
    If Kavanagh is posting on social media about it, I'd guess he's under the same restraints no? he's got his own presser on Friday with Floyd Snr

Is he serious? Doesn't McGregor say that to everyone? I swore he said this to Nate Diaz too.
    Ridiculous. Nothing in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭GerryDerpy

M!Ck^ wrote: »

Is he serious? Doesn't McGregor say that to everyone? I swore he said this to Nate Diaz too.
    Ridiculous. Nothing in it.

TMZ have a bone to pick with McGregor. Trying to stir it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

As long as it drives up PPV buys I doubt they care.

This is all about the money let's be honest here

You think what he said damaged their brand ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Deedsie wrote: »
    The begrudger element. We are all familiar with these odious types in all aspects of Irish sport. An admitted initial fan who became disillusioned when McGregor got a little too successful for their own pathetic insecurities. Embarrassing listening to them and reading this rubbish.

The typical if you don't nuthug you are a vegetarian element. Some of us since don't like his carry on. Doesnt matter if he's rich or not. Look at dillan danis and James Gallagher. If he wasn't Irish you wouldn't love him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

What Conor said in no way damaged their brand, he was calling them weasels because they turned off his mic the day before, which was a bad idea, did you see how much better the second event was when Conor had his own mic.

He is making them money...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement