Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 3) *Updated Warning in 1st Post Re:Boxing match

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

Will Rick Flair and Hulk Hogan be there too?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

I would bet on Conor doing WWE before going back to mma given the choice, hes cut out for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,008 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Gamebred wrote: »
    I would bet on Conor doing WWE before going back to mma given the choice, hes cut out for it.

If it's good enough for Floyd...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Conor does not work for Showtime though, they probably said say whatever the hell you want to sell the fight, just don't bring up the fact that Flyod beats women!

I didn't say Showtime told Conor to say **** you?

But if I were Conor and they cut my mic the day before I probably would.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

M!Ck^ wrote: »

Is he serious? Doesn't McGregor say that to everyone? I swore he said this to Nate Diaz too.
    Ridiculous. Nothing in it.

So that's Floyd buried in the desert so.

• Advertisement

Gamebred wrote: »

Dana White- "Conor is going to defend the lightweight belt. Conor has promised after his upcoming fight with John Cena for the WWE title he will fight Khabib in russia"v:pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Sweet Science

• Registered Users Posts: 11,288 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Ah here, thats edited. He might be hard to handle but I don't think he is like he is made out to be in this.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭hewhoscares

The boy stuff is not meant with the same malace as its taken in the US. But you have to respect how other cultures and the words in them have different meaning, he did it again yesterday when he'll have been aware of the fall out. The word paki is almost friendly in Australia I believe, not quite in the here and the UK. 

That clip above is pretty cut and shut though. Dancing monkeys in the gym is a horrible thing to say and most certainly racist.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

I always took dancing monkeys to mean lackeys, someone who does your bidding, puppets kinda thing.

• Advertisement

I always took dancing monkeys to mean lackeys, someone who does your bidding, puppets kinda thing.

Same, I don't think he is saying it in the racist manner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Sweet Science

Sorry but you don't use the term monkey when talking about a black person

I don't think he is actually racist but I genuinely don't think he is the brightest

Sorry but you don't use the term monkey when talking about a black person

I don't think he is actually racist but I genuinely don't think he is the brightest

I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt here on this one.

I don't think he'll do well in this fight, but I don't think he is racist.

I hope I am not wrong as well on this.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,143 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Gintonious wrote: »
    Same, I don't think he is saying it in the racist manner.

Hopefully he isn't but in case anyone didn't know race relations in America are little bit tense, especially at the moment. So saying that in that context is very dumb.

Ah Conor, prove me wrong on this one at least! Don't turn to this kind of crap.

LMAO.

Dana to Drake: "Later Homie"
    :P

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

A sure sign McGregor destroyed Floyd last night when the only rubbutal is for the race card to come out. It's moving from a clear 10-7 to McGregor to a 10-6 at this rate.

This is the same man who has an Iraqi born Muslim as his manager FFS.

Clowns.

LOL at that link:
    "If I was to go to Ireland and start calling people a Coal-Cracker and tried to brush it off because I am an American, I doubt they would give me the same benefit of the doubt."

If an American came here and called me a coal cracker I break me hole laughing ffs :pac:

Paully D wrote: »
    A sure sign McGregor destroyed Floyd last night when the only rubbutal is for the race card to come out. It's moving from a clear 10-7 to McGregor to a 10-6 at this rate.

This is the same man who has an Iraqi born Muslim as his manager FFS.

Clowns.

When the hell did people start scoring ****in press conferences.

Jesus wept.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭hewhoscares

Have to think this is optimistic but come fight week and the final presser anf weigh in, add a dollop of drama and it wouldn't surprise.

• Advertisement

LOL at that link:

If an American came here and called me a coal cracker I break me hole laughing ffs :pac:

If an American came here and called most people a coal cracker, most people wouldn't have a ****s notion what he meant.

If an American came here and called most people a coal cracker, most people wouldn't have a ****s notion what he meant.

That's what I mean. I would laugh cause it sounds so mad and I wouldn't have a clue what it meant anyway. Coal mine jibe I guess.

Anyway, the first thing I watched this morning when I woke up was that Kimmel clip as it was a YT recommendation and when I heard him refer to the scene with the 'Dancing Monkeys' I actually thought I had just forgotten about a scene where Clubber Lang must have had a 'Dancing Monkey' ......... been years since I seen it.

Damn so, I can see this snowballing unfortunately....... America is uber sensitive to stuff like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,472 ✭✭✭Inviere

I really don't think he's racist in any way shape or form, but that's the kinda thing that's gonna get your name in the news....hmm.

As an aside, I think it's the Aldo fight, just before the round begins & he's down on his hunkers, I'm certain you can see him mouthing "C'mon boy", or "Let's go boy".

Yeah, it's a ****ing reach.

DEosxf0XYAAVl95.jpg:large

And he said about the "celebrity gym," obviously meaning

Nah, I don't think he's racist in the slightest either.... sure if anything he is always trying to emulate black culture. On his way to LA he said "Goin back to Cali" in a tweet which is a Biggie Smalls song and of course he used Hypnotize as his walk out music for years. I know people will say you can still be racist and do all that, but I just don't get that vibe form him at all.

There was also a black fighter staying at the mansion for the Diaz II camp, he was in a bunch of Embeddeds I think, anyone know who that was?

God I hope this doesn't gather momentum, be a shame to sour it all, even if it is essentially a money grab.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Be a real shame if race starts being dragged into it.

"boy" was definitely meant disrespectfully, but I think that's where it ends.

That said, maybe avoid it tonight. Obviously there are undertones there, especially in America.

And he said about the "celebrity gym," obviously meaning

Well, the only people dancing in that were three white girls... thank fcuk for that.

You just know if that scene had three black women there would have been screen caps flying about twitter saying he was calling the women in it monkeys.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭markc91

Time is tonight's sh1tshow on at?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,487 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Gintonious wrote: »
    When the hell did people start scoring ****in press conferences.

Jesus wept.

It's good enough for Big John :)

https://twitter.com/JohnMcCarthyMMA/status/885294983451885572

• Advertisement

markc91 wrote: »
    Time is tonight's sh1tshow on at?

11:30pm.

Which means 1am I guess. You'd think it'd be early given it's New York.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement