Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 3) *Updated Warning in 1st Post Re:Boxing match

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Django99 wrote: »
    Hmm can't agree. Net your Fight purse if you really believe was a good line. Taking the Irish flag and getting McGregor to throw it away. Dana is your boss.

However there is only one real loser in this, Stephen Espinoza.

Throwing the flag was a scummy move. It's the flag of your country, that you claim so adamantly to love, not a manky tea towel!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

100% behind my fellow Irishman; an unwavering belief in himself. Unflappable. He'd nearly sell sand to an Arab. Good to see Floyd rising to the challenge, Conor is going to get schooled here, but he's good enough not to get hurt bad, so best of luck to him. Let the circus continue.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Floyd playing the age card again

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

RoryMac wrote: »
    Press don't buy tickets, would've thought that was obvious! :confused:

What? I'm talking about how in UFC pressers there are members of the press given a chance to ask questions.

At boxing pressers that doesn't seem to happen.

The term pressers (given that it' short hand for 'press conference') implies the press will be asking questions.... would've thought that was obvious.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,976 ✭✭✭pgj2015

ricero wrote: »
    Depends but i reckon at least 3 more. I can see them pushing for a superfight against gsp for next year

That is a pity, I would prefer him to fight Aldo again or Khabib or Ferguson, just defend a title for gods sake, as someone said he has more children than title defenses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

Throwing the flag was a scummy move. It's the flag of your country, that you claim so adamantly to love, not a manky tea towel!!!

It wasn't an Irish flag, and I'd say Floyd knew that. It's like when he put on the Man United Jersey against Hatton. Still though, yeah, shouldn't be throwing any country flag around.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

i don't think Mayweather did too bad considering... asked Conor to bet his pay cheque, talking about men who have money not needing to wear suits. Conor's claim that floyd has fought nobodies and boxers who are afraid is just daft.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Maybe that he cheats on Dee?

We don't know their relationship or their rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭tinpib

Floyd completely breaking the 4th wall here. Just admitted he has nothing about McGregor and girls, what a dope. All he had to say was "You just wait and see".

It's like he doesn't know this is being televised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

pgj2015 wrote: »
    That is a pity, I would prefer him to fight Aldo again or Khabib or Ferguson, just defend a title for gods sake, as someone said he has more children than title defenses.

Dana said he will defend his title this year. Reckon he fights khabib, tony or diaz in msg in november

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭hewhoscares

**** sake. Mayweather's coming across well here.

I'm not far off liking him, if he wasn't a domestic violence peace of sh1t

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

It's a piece of cloth, dry your eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Paulie looks starstruck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Mahony0509

Thought they'd interview McGregor..

• Registered Users Posts: 21,352 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

It's impressive how Mayweather can flick a switch in personality the way he did there. He knows when to turn it on for the cameras but he does seem like a respectful guy to be fair. I'd say himself and McGregor will be on very good terms when this is all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

That was ****ing amazing, although I think they get on off stage

I hope Mayweather gets his 50-0 and Conor get his big payday

Hope Snr gets allowed on stage sometime :D

What? I'm talking about how in UFC pressers there are members of the press given a chance to ask questions.

At boxing pressers that doesn't seem to happen.

The term pressers (given that it' short hand for 'press conference') implies the press will be asking questions.... would've thought that was obvious.

The point is this is entertainment & the PR is just about selling tickets. If they let serious journalists in there it'll only highlight how ridiculous the whole thing is.

These things are advertisements not press conferences

• Registered Users Posts: 29,542 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Mahony0509 wrote: »
    Thought they'd interview McGregor..

He was supposed to go on first but the boys said he just walked right past them, **** showtime I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 livelife

Roll on New York - more of the same!

ASOT wrote: »
    They both 10000% like each other when the cameras are off, its mcgregor faber all over again.

Wouldn't be surprised if McGregor bought the Bugatti he has for sale with his earnings

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

D.Q wrote: »
    Paulie looks starstruck

That was pretty cringe. He almost got down on his knees and kissed some shoe to apologise for sparring with Conor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

JK said he is scheduled to do a press conference with Senior in London.

RoryMac wrote: »
    These things are advertisements not press conferences

lol. I know, that's my point..... but they call them press conferences :P

See below.........

Anyway, wonder if we'll get Floyd Snr vs McGregor II .... in the..... eh, press room... he's bound to be gunning for him after last night and that Fuck the Mayweathers chant :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

They went past wwe type fakery there it was more stand comedy stuff a roast battle, that has steering the ship into a few hundred k ppv buys alone I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Conor Mcgregory :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,542 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

deadybai wrote: »
    Mayweather seems like a decent lad in real life.

Punched his daughter's mom in the face in 2001 and pleaded guilty and got a plea bargain deal.

Served 2 months in jail for battering his ex Josie Harris. Kicked her in the face while she was on the ground in front of her 2 children.

Punched 2 of Harris's best friends in the face for trying to intervene in a separate dispute.

Put a gun to Shantel Jackson's head and battered her.

Had 2 of these victims "recant" their testimony, likely after brown paper envelopes exchanged hands.

Seems a legitimately decent fella alright.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    He was supposed to go on first but the boys said he just walked right past them, **** showtime I guess.

Maybe he wants the first time meeting Paulie to be...... special :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Schaub snapping he didnt get the chance to blow him in person.

• Advertisement

Punched his daughter's mom in the face in 2001 and pleaded guilty and got a plea bargain deal.

Served 2 months in jail for battering his ex Josie Harris. Kicked her in the face while she was on the ground in front of her 2 children.

Punched 2 of Harris's best friends in the face for trying to intervene in a separate dispute.

Put a gun to Shantel Jackson's head and battered her.

Had 2 of these victims "recant" their testimony, likely after brown paper envelopes exchanged hands.

Seems a legitimately decent fella alright.
    ^^^ 100% right. Just because Floyd can act charming in front of the cameras doesn't make him a good person. Floyd is good at manipulating people, the man is a woman beater and a scumbag.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement