Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf V - Election Fever - GAME OVER - VILLAGE WINS

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Stoogie

Tigger wrote: »
    that all made sense all were goodies, remembering that if you don't know who to protect you protect yourself is importand
    tritium wrote: »
    I think that move is now known as the dottie!

The gaurdian is an important role so it makes logical sense to protect them. At the beginning the gaurdian acually knows only one role ;). Cross and I learned the power of an unpredictable gaurdian last game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Stoogie

When I was told that Mick was on the forum I felt bad because at that stage I had worked out the seer team so I knew straight away he was a wolf. I went offline for the next 8 hours and then the mods said "you can't unknow that" so I played the cards I had been dealt. Probably looking back I should have retired from the game but I think Andy and trinity had his number so I don't think it really mattered.
    Sorry Mick but I didn't do it and you should have hidden your presence.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

can someone tell me how to copy the ww signature?

Ah-ha! I found the original post that explains all:

Stoogie wrote: »
    When I was told that Mick was on the forum I felt bad because at that stage I had worked out the seer team so I knew straight away he was a wolf. I went offline for the next 8 hours and then the mods said "you can't unknow that" so I played the cards I had been dealt. Probably looking back I should have retired from the game but I think Andy and trinity had his number so I don't think it really mattered.
    Sorry Mick but I didn't do it and you should have hidden your presence.

Its all good in the hood last night was great craic.

Yesterday was a wierd day when we found out, we planned to get me lynched and gufc on me but then we thought Andy had peeked GUFC and back tracked a little wouldve been best if we stuck to it.

I just didnt want to compound my performance imagine if gufc was peeked and he gave me up o the shame it would have been pretty funny mind :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

well done all. Good game. Thanks for all the time and effort mods

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

can someone tell me how to copy the ww signature?
    quickbeam wrote: »
    Ah-ha! I found the original post that explains all:

I'm going to do a seperate thread for the signature, I realised I made a n00b mistake and the link needs to be updated! Stay tuned, I'll get it up soon or tomorrow and you'll need to update your sigs!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I'm going to do a seperate thread for the signature, I realised I made a n00b mistake and the link needs to be updated! Stay tuned, I'll get it up soon or tomorrow and you'll need to update your sigs!

I'll add it as my sig once you have it updated.

Let us know.

Can the image be made more festive - in a scary way?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

crosstownk wrote: »
    Can the image be made more festive - in a scary way?

Yeah, that's the plan! :)

Sorry for coming down so hard on you in the game, I was full sure you were a wolf, then I just hadn't a clue what was going on! Had no idea that there was a seer room and between your grenade and Stoogie I was ran in rings! :P Sorry too Stoogie! :) Especially for the parts where I call you stupid, particularly when you caught on to what was happening eons before me! :P

Sorry for coming down so hard on you in the game

Haha. Don't give it a second thought. It's just a game and you play it well.

When I saw that Gotham gif I thought "mahama is well píssed off" :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Oh I just want to add on CDaly, that not revealing your role after being accused by a so called seer was brilliant instincts. A Bodyguard type role should never reveal unless they absolutely have to and even then only do so in a game that has role reveals like this one had. If the game has a priest and you're a bodyguard then just take your medicine and die if you can't save yourself by other means.

So yeah, well done for that!!!

For Mrs Molly and GrumpyLumpy I thought you both did really well defending yourselves the night you ended up against each other for the lynch. It was just a pity that you both did so a little late because I think talking from the seer room anyway you had us convinced you were not wolves!

Would be brilliant to get you guys all back again for another game, and remember you're all experienced players now. I've only played one more game here than you! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Jayop wrote: »
    Oh I just want to add on CDaly, that not revealing your role after being accused by a so called seer was brilliant instincts. A Bodyguard type role should never reveal unless they absolutely have to and even then only do so in a game that has role reveals like this one had. If the game has a priest and you're a bodyguard then just take your medicine and die if you can't save yourself by other means.

So yeah, well done for that!!!

For Mrs Molly and GrumpyLumpy I thought you both did really well defending yourselves the night you ended up against each other for the lynch. It was just a pity that you both did so a little late because I think talking from the seer room anyway you had us convinced you were not wolves!

Would be brilliant to get you guys all back again for another game, and remember you're all experienced players now. I've only played one more game here than you! :)
    How many games have you played olfogethr

Tigger wrote: »
    How many games have you played olfogethr

Probably between twenty and thirty. Started playing on redcafe and then we played a fee games on a forum I run with a few guys but there's only about 15 regular posters so no good for ww.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

"He Tiggered the sh1t out of it"

The best phrase from the backrooms :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,577 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

I think the problem was that the Friday start unexpectedly buggered a lot of people. Me and ALC (Mr Molly) especially because we were away all weekend. By the time we got back on Sunday the game had kinda gotten away from him and it was tough to try claw back into it. It's not possible for him to post at all when he's in work and we don't get home till near 6 anyway so by the time it comes around to posting, he's starting on the back foot.
    Which is also why I'm here speaking for him now. :rolleyes:
    I hope he plays another game too coz it was fun trying to hide our roles from each other. It'd be much more difficult if one of us were a wolf and the other not though!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    I think the problem was that the Friday start unexpectedly buggered a lot of people. Me and ALC (Mr Molly) especially because we were away all weekend. By the time we got back on Sunday the game had kinda gotten away from him and it was tough to try claw back into it. It's not possible for him to post at all when he's in work and we don't get home till near 6 anyway so by the time it comes around to posting, he's starting on the back foot.
    Which is also why I'm here speaking for him now. :rolleyes:
    I hope he plays another game too coz it was fun trying to hide our roles from each other. It'd be much more difficult if one of us were a wolf and the other not though!

There's also the fact that after you have been away from the game for a number of hours (e.g. 10 or so hours with commuting and work and getting home and doing normal things, like make some dinner etc.) you have so many posts to catch up with. Along with that time is ticking down to a lynch vote and people are trying to make decisions on lynch races etc. So it can be difficult (and frustrating) to try read through an abundance of posts and form views.

Trying to do all of that quickly (i.e. speedread) can put you at a big disadvantage in terms of trying to get a read on the nuances of the game (who is suspicious, who might have a role etc.)

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Nopeare

Thanks for running the game mods. Enjoyed it when I got to spend a bit of time but unfortunately was entertaining/watching rugby Friday and all day Saturday so was a bit behind and only really got Sunday/Monday out of it.

Although I am now 4 for 4 :D more thanks to my teammates than me though!!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Uriel. wrote: »
    There's also the fact that after you have been away from the game for a number of hours (e.g. 10 or so hours with commuting and work and getting home and doing normal things, like make some dinner etc.) you have so many posts to catch up with. Along with that time is ticking down to a lynch vote and people are trying to make decisions on lynch races etc. So it can be difficult (and frustrating) to try read through an abundance of posts and form views.

Trying to do all of that quickly (i.e. speedread) can put you at a big disadvantage in terms of trying to get a read on the nuances of the game (who is suspicious, who might have a role etc.)

Tell me about it! One hour away, and I'd the main thread, all the players' back rooms, the dead room, the staff room, and the WWGM account for PMs to check up on!! Was fun though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

quickbeam wrote: »
    Tell me about it! One hour away, and I'd the main thread, all the players' back rooms, the dead room, the staff room, and the WWGM account for PMs to check up on!! Was fun though :)

And yet you both pulled it off without any hitches!!! :) Well done on a great game!!!

I warned ye Jayos was manipluating the vote :P

• Advertisement

I warned ye Jayos was manipluating the vote :P

Lol, just now got around to reading your forums. I had a few mentions.

Looks like the private voting really did annoy the wolves!! :pac:

Lol, just now got around to reading your forums. I had a few mentions.

Looks like the private voting really did annoy the wolves!! :pac:

See you knows I love you Jay but I also loves arguing with you its I genuinely find it good craic :D

Other forums are my favorite part of these game I love knowing what people were thinking

See you knows I love you Jay but I also loves arguing with you its I genuinely find it good craic :D

Other forums are my favorite part of these game I love knowing what people were thinking

Absolutely, I love getting into it with people during the game, and this game is way more reserved than the others I played elsewhere for arguing and fighting.

The backrooms are great to read, but I bet almost everyone speed reads them looking for mentions of their own name!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭WerewolfGM

Absolutely, I love getting into it with people during the game, and this game is way more reserved than the others I played elsewhere for arguing and fighting.

The backrooms are great to read, but I bet almost everyone speed reads them looking for mentions of their own name!

No fighting people i sez so lol

whers mynusig

no i read every word
    i hadnt read the ww4 staff room yet but is evrry interestiingssss

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Who the hell gave Tig the GM account?

It's gone now thank God lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Jaylop did
    he said i could have it because im soo awsoems
    then he remembersd hes a grumpy oldman and shoulted at ,e