Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf V - Election Fever - GAME OVER - VILLAGE WINS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Guffy

I wonder would there be enough interest for an intermediate came to run paralell to the maim games?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

We did say we'd do a vanilla game every 3-4 games.

I do really hope noobs to this game will play again.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Yeah we mentioned that in the DR, it was confusing enough to me, never mind the poor n00bs!
    The tactic worked really well but I think it was a bit unfair to the new people. There was basically a strong group of experienced players who formed a pack and won the game. Yay for winning the game, and I know its difficult to not depend on previous experiences, but its a shame the new people werent trusted to be involved. Its very daunting for a new player coming up against the more experienced players like that. They can get lost.

I completely agree. It's real easy to forget that there are newer players involved when you're playing the game. There was no intention to simply confuse new players - the intention was to confuse everybody. Had I not been involved in the confusion I'd probably have stopped reading myself!
    quickbeam wrote: »

So do I.

It might be worth getting a balance of players with different levels of experience in the next vanilla game - preferably more newer players.

I'm by no means an experienced player myself so that's just my opinion.

We had 5 this game. Two just never showed up!! :rolleyes

Edit - :rolleyes:

:)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

So a day of meetings and I come back to this. Quite unexpected.
    As to the dead room and seeing someone online, I was using my work phone and didn't have the link saved. Phone browser history brought me to the old dead room. I'm really sorry :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,437 ✭✭✭tritium

Agree with that and really like the idea of regular vanilla games. Ive never played this outside of boards and vanilla is a really nice format to bring in a wider range of people and stop everyone getting a bit cliquey and ultimately stale . I also think the noobs sometimes underestimate how big a contribution they make - in most of the games so far i could pick a noob or relative noob who was in the top 3 players imho

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

tritium wrote: »
    Agree with that and really like the idea of regular vanilla games. Ive never played this outside of boards and vanilla is a really nice format to bring in a wider range of people and stop everyone getting a bit cliquey and ultimately stale . I also think the noobs sometimes underestimate how big a contribution they make - in most of the games so far i could pick a noob or relative noob who was in the top 3 players imho

With that in mind... we need fresh blood :pac:

Feel free to invite RL friends along. Or friends from other sections of boards.

If there's interest, I'm sure we could have a vanilla game alongside the Christmas game if people were wary of the Christmas edition.

I've suggested a few times inviting players of old games back, people who seemed to have drifted off. Am delighted to see Kersplat!! signing up again, after his kersplat on first munch first game!! But people like Fleawuss, Ficheall, Poochie, as well as those who had joined in back-room chats, like Strawberry Milkshake - names off the top of my head there, I'm sure there's loads of others.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

can someone tell me how to copy the ww signature?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Well at least I'm on the winning side for once. Even if I was ruthlessly shot like some sort of wild animal *glares at valeyard*.

Great game folks. Even though the last 2 nights were very difficult to read! I do like the vanilla games. Less brain hurty.

Gotta shoot someone, nothing personal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

can someone tell me how to copy the ww signature?

I think it was in the interest thread? maybe someone can confirm. I will see if I can find Dottie :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

cee_jay wrote: »
    As to the dead room and seeing someone online, I was using my work phone and didn't have the link saved. Phone browser history brought me to the old dead room. I'm really sorry :(

These things happen CJ and I wouldn't worry about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

gufc finally gets rid of the Vanillager tag! That was what, 5 games on the bounce?

What the hell happened in the end up?

Gufc only started playing Game 3. The record is held by Uriel, 5 games on the trot as a normal villager. Trit not far behind, though at least he'd the Dean role in WWIV.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Gufc only started playing Game 3. The record is held by Uriel, 5 games on the trot as a normal villager. Trit not far behind, though at least he'd the Dean role in WWIV.

He's played more than that, just not on boards ;) Snake is what he is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

readingb throught it loasds of beople dint believe mick could score s he was cout before tat

My fault I should have changed settings when Sully pointed it out Im a lazy ****er though too nust drinking wine eating villagers

cdaly_ wrote: »
    OTOH, the confusion made in very hard to read for a noob.

you did good you believed nothing that wernt prooven and you were well hidden
    i didn't spot youas bodygaurd tho i did know you had a roll i think

lwhat were your bodygaurd choices?

O ya also who did Trit change off onto Molly?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭andy125

Tigger wrote: »

Played very well and i would like to apologize for getting you killed CD

O ya also who did Trit change off onto Molly?

you mean vale?
    he sid it was jaylop

you mean vale?
    he sid it was jaylop

O ya vale doh.... OOOOO so close..

How did you enjoy watching the game versus playing?

O ya vale doh.... OOOOO so close..

How did you enjoy watching the game versus playing?

i learned a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Yes.. And people still want to lynch me.. I'll never be more than a villager. Though the wolves seemed to have had it in for me this time for awhile

to Tigger is a strange verb
    at the beginning of a game it means to work stuff out
    in the middle it means to be very (overly some might say ) active
    in the endgame it is when you are on cocaine

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

First night's choice was Stoogie while accusing him and Jayop of throwing Trump and Sulli under a bus.

Second night was MicksJaguar when he claimed to be the seer (or something). That changed to Crosstownk a bit later though I wanted to protect Stoogie again but couldn't.

Third night was Nopeare based on the 'seer trio' and I couldn't protect Crosstownk again. After they 'peeked' me as a wolf, I became very confused again and was going to protect myself but left it with Nopeare.

If I hadn't been munched ('cos people were talking about lynching me next day), I was gonna come out, protect myself that night and protect the real seer (who would have come out by then) the following night...
    andy125 wrote: »
    Played very well and i would like to apologize for getting you killed CD
    No worries, I was getting too confused to be really useful anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I was getting too confused to be really useful anyway...

Apologies for the confusion CD. I just got a bit carried away.

First night's choice was Stoogie while accusing him and Jayop of throwing Trump and Sulli under a bus.

Second night was MicksJaguar when he claimed to be the seer (or something). That changed to Crosstownk a bit later though I wanted to protect Stoogie again but couldn't.

Third night was Nopeare based on the 'seer trio' and I couldn't protect Crosstownk again. After they 'peeked' me as a wolf, I became very confused again and was going to protect myself but left it with Nopeare.

If I hadn't been munched ('cos people were talking about lynching me next day), I was gonna come out, protect myself that night and protect the real seer (who would have come out by then) the following night...

No worries, I was getting too confused to be really useful anyway...
    that all made sense all were goodies, remembering that if you don't know who to protect you protect yourself is importand

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,437 ✭✭✭tritium

that all made sense all were goodies, remembering that if you don't know who to protect you protect yourself is importand

I think that move is now known as the dottie!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement