Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Milk Price III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,173 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

OverRide wrote: »
    http://www.farmersjournal.ie/gdt-declines-by-3-9-in-first-auction-of-2017-246148

Not according to the comic and the IFA
    That auction was up in enough areas to support a 36c/l price EXCLUDING vat

So Glanbia,how about another 7c/l base please instead of your 30 or 31c cod of a fixed price thanks
    Give us what you get less a reasonable GIIL margin i.e. 36c/l plus vat thanks?
    so will there be an increase for December price?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,057 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

Where are we with all the intervention stocks that were bought up last year. Is that being dumped on the market yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭wats the craic

Where are we with all the intervention stocks that were bought up last year. Is that being dumped on the market yet?
    They tried to sell it but the it failed to attract the price they were looking for it and redrew it from tender .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

They have a base price that they won't sell under and only 40 tonnes was sold in the first tender and none in the second tender. So while it's still overhanging the market, they seem determined it won't be sold too cheaply to undermine the market. Apparently it has a storage period of around 18 months before it's discounted from food grade to animal grade so they have a bit of time left yet to sell it

• Registered Users Posts: 21,159 ✭✭✭✭Water John

With better packaging, powders will last longer now than when in intervention in the older days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭freedominacup

Water John wrote: »
    With better packaging, powders will last longer now than when in intervention in the older days.

Nothing to stop them turning over stocks either.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,057 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

Nothing except will they buy it at the original intervention price?

Nothing except will they buy it at the original intervention price?

Doesn't matter as long as what they buy isn't costing them any more than theybate getting for whatever they have to sell. Iirc the last of the 2009 intervention didn't wash out completely until 2012.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Doing the figures for my profit monitor, milk prices/ cheques were fairly dire this time last year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Keepgrowing

whelan2 wrote: »
    Doing the figures for my profit monitor, milk prices/ cheques were fairly dire this time last year

What price did you get for the year?

I am waiting on my December Price :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

I can't remember what I got for the year, but milk sales were only 3% down on the previous year, on only about 4% more litres sold. However huge increase in solids with our changed supply pattern, ie a lot more milk off grass and less low solids milk off silage. Aka improved efficiency inside the gate saved our bacon this year.

Timmaay wrote: »
    I can't remember what I got for the year, but milk sales were only 3% down on the previous year, on only about 4% more litres sold. However huge increase in solids with our changed supply pattern, ie a lot more milk off grass and less low solids milk off silage. Aka improved efficiency inside the gate saved our bacon this year.

Your solids must've been shocking. 20% more milk sold here to not quite maintain output.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Coolfresian

Very dissapointed with glanbias milk price for december. Will definitly be handing in my notice next year now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Very dissapointed with glanbias milk price for december. Will definitly be handing in my notice next year now.

What is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

15% more milk sold and less money than previous year. I think it will come in around 29 or just below it average for the year will see when Dec cheque comes in. That's including winter bonus.

Mooooo wrote: »
    What is it?
    30 cpl, no co-op support for a change

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Once he started to sell the fixed price schemes I gave up reading. Usual talking things down then try sell ya something sales pitch ha. Still batting the "low input" tagline on us grass based suppliers, when we all know it's a case of "can work for free, using our free land" when the prices are ****e ha.

• Advertisement

Mooooo wrote: »
    What is it?

Glanbia Dec milk price of 30 cpl. GII price up 1 cpl to 30 cpl. No Co-op support payment to Members this month. Read more: http://bit.ly/2j7MiKK

Timmaay wrote: »
    Once he started to sell the fixed price schemes I gave up reading. Usual talking things down then try sell ya something sales pitch ha. Still batting the "low input" tagline on us grass based suppliers, when we all know it's a case of "can work for free, using our free land" when the prices are ****e ha.

IFA: Slight correction on December Ornua PPI - 103.8 pts is equivalent to 29.27c/l + VAT (30.8c/l incl VAT).

I'm not expecting a massive jump in price for the first half of this year. Don't rubbish the fixed price just yet would be my thoughts. They're aren't any indicators that price is going to rocket in the short term

Most processors flowing the fixed price line at this stage and their members seem to like it also.

It's a good idea to hand in notice and at least open that option. Where would you consider going?

It's a good idea to hand in notice and at least open that option. Where would you consider going?
    Will Brexit affect the northern lads buying milk in the south? If you hand in your notice do you have to follow through and do you have to tell glanbia where you are going

Will Brexit affect the northern lads buying milk in the south? If you hand in your notice do you have to follow through and do you have to tell glanbia where you are going

The problem with Brexit is the uncertainty and as far as I can tell nobody knows how it's going to go least of all the Brexit champions.

I can't answer about having to leave but I doubt it.

I doubt you'd need to tell where going, what business of theirs could it be

• Registered Users Posts: 11,096 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

The biggest problem may be finding another supplier outside of maby strathroy to take u in

mahoney_j wrote: »
    The biggest problem may be finding another supplier outside of maby strathroy to take u in

Are Arrabawn not raking suppliers?

How did you fare on your milk price this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,096 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

Are Arrabawn not raking suppliers?

How did you fare on your milk price this year?
    From what I can gather we or any other processor may like to take in more suppliers but there maby an unofficial gentlemans agreement back again .dosnt make sense for us to be trucking milk from Carlow Wexford ,Kilkenny et all to Nenagh and reverse applies to glanbia .once decembers cheque cashed next week price for 16 will be good side of 28.5 cent ,no winter bonus ,fixed scheme

mahoney_j wrote: »
    Yes thats the biggie, If even half the people who are talking about handing in their notice actually do leave where will they go?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,159 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Well its going from Wexford to NI and back down again. The processor collecting it is the processors issue. Distance is overrated as an issue.

Advertisement