Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Milk Price III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Keepgrowing

ArKl0w wrote: »
    This is the rub
    No transparency offered on allocations,just a catch all phrase about existing participants being given priority which actually worsens transparency if there was any and there isn't
    The jehohavas witness comparison and Orwell animal farm comments earlier seem apt in that context

All members should be treated equally with fixed price schemes End of if we're supposed to be in a Co Operative

Here's the definition of Co operative by the way :

'
    A cooperative (also known as co-operative, co-op or coop) is an autonomous association of people united voluntarily to meet their common economic, social and cultural needs and aspirations through a jointly owned and democratically controlled business.

We do not supply a coop for a start.
    The volumes were small, would you suggest a few litres to everyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Fixture

We do not supply a coop for a start.
    The volumes were small, would you suggest a few litres to everyone?

Given where markets are currently at, I reckon allocations will be generous on this occasion. My guess is that lots of "priority" category farmers leaving earlier Schemes will scale back their demands leaving more for anyone else interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Fixture

ArKl0w wrote: »
    This is the rub
    No transparency offered on allocations,just a catch all phrase about existing participants being given priority which actually worsens transparency if there was any and there isn't
    The jehohavas witness comparison and Orwell animal farm comments earlier seem apt in that context

All members should be treated equally with fixed price schemes End of if we're supposed to be in a Co Operative

Here's the definition of Co operative by the way :

'
    A cooperative (also known as co-operative, co-op or coop) is an autonomous association of people united voluntarily to meet their common economic, social and cultural needs and aspirations through a jointly owned and democratically controlled business.

Guys who lost out price wise on earlier Schemes got priority accesss and won big in 2015 and 2016. That seems fair to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭atlantic mist

new entrants getting supply ring fenced in this fixed price scheme, trading with agri business& liquid lads got priority treatment in a previous scheme....surely if a fixed price scheme by a limited company it should be offered to all no favorites/politics

I feel these fixed price scheme work to reduce the farmers income, processors do not have to work to achieve highest prices if 50% of supply tied up, gii ceo feels 28-30c is a fair price for milk

When the largest processor is pretty much setting average base price at 30c are we driving the price down for all other irish processors as we competing in the same world markets??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,101 ✭✭✭visatorro

whelan2 wrote: »
    Glanbia milk cheques in accounts this morning.

Mine is neither in the account nor is the statement online.!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,076 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

Arrabawn up 1.5 cent to 29.68 cent vat inc .why they couldn't of had the balls to go another 0.32cent and make it 30 is baffling .milk pricing seems to be sit and see what every one else is at and then match them ,west cork excluded

• Registered Users Posts: 6,877 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

mahoney_j wrote:
    Arrabawn up 1.5 cent to 29.68 cent vat inc .why they couldn't of had the balls to go another 0.32cent and make it 30 is baffling .milk pricing seems to be sit and see what every one else is at and then match them ,west cork excluded

Agree in total j but extra 2 cent for producing a certain % of supply so maybe that's the reason

kevthegaff wrote: »
    Agree in total j but extra 2 cent for producing a certain % of supply so maybe that's the reason

There's no mention of that this year Kev,have to say communication and info from management and board to us suppliers is totally piss poor ,always has been ,we've had a thd test thrown in lately with no announcement or info on it .i could go on .announcement of milk price every month is total cloak and dagger stuff ,I've had board members lie to me when asking re milk price ,meeting didn't happen even though I know it did
    We could of made a statement this month and paid 30 base minimum ,opportunity missed .i was also quoted 360 for urea Jan delivery this week by them despite another local supplier quoting substantially less.we also have liquid scheme this year paying 12 cent over case at 3.6 and 3.3

mahoney_j wrote:
    There's no mention of that this year Kev,have to say communication and info from management and board to us suppliers is totally piss poor ,always has been ,we've had a thd test thrown in lately with no announcement or info on it .i could go on .announcement of milk price every month is total cloak and dagger stuff ,I've had board members lie to me when asking re milk price ,meeting didn't happen even though I know it did We could of made a statement this month and paid 30 base minimum ,opportunity missed .i was also quoted 360 for urea Jan delivery this week by them despite another local supplier quoting substantially less.we also have liquid scheme this year paying 12 cent over case at 3.6 and 3.3

Always were behind on fert, very rare I get fert off them

mahoney_j wrote: »
    There's no mention of that this year Kev,have to say communication and info from management and board to us suppliers is totally piss poor ,always has been ,we've had a thd test thrown in lately with no announcement or info on it .i could go on .announcement of milk price every month is total cloak and dagger stuff ,I've had board members lie to me when asking re milk price ,meeting didn't happen even though I know it did
    We could of made a statement this month and paid 30 base minimum ,opportunity missed .i was also quoted 360 for urea Jan delivery this week by them despite another local supplier quoting substantially less.we also have liquid scheme this year paying 12 cent over case at 3.6 and 3.3

Where did you get your fert price?

• Advertisement

Where did you get your fert price?

Arrabawn earlier this week for Jan delievery .ive already bought at a substantially lower price

kevthegaff wrote: »
    Always were behind on fert, very rare I get fert off them

I've bought a lot of fertiliser off them for last 2 years Kev ,very competitive .

mahoney_j wrote:
    I've bought a lot of fertiliser off them for last 2 years Kev ,very competitive .

Always found Liffeys cheaper on fert by 10+ a ton

• Registered Users Posts: 29,092 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Glanbia statements are up online

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭stanflt

whelan2 wrote: »
    Glanbia statements are up online

42.33 for Nov some diff to June - nearly half the volume and same money

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭farisfat

Arrabawn earlier this week for Jan delievery .ive already bought at a substantially lower price

You must have some good connections to buy fertilizer substantially cheaper than that price.

farisfat wrote: »
    You must have some good connections to buy fertilizer substantially cheaper than that price.

Than 360 for urea ????.deals been done 280/300 currently

• Registered Users Posts: 2,864 ✭✭✭cute geoge

What is the going rate for can ,pasture sward at the moment for a 16 ton load

stanflt wrote: »
    42.33 for Nov some diff to June - nearly half the volume and same money

48.5 here inc winter bonus. Great end to the year and December milk still flying in. Big dry off here Tues am, it's a pity to have to stop ;)

39.78 here for November off a base of 29.68 add 0.2 for scc bonus and solids,no winter bonus . down to 3 rows after this am and o rows after next Thursday ,looking forward to been a lazy ****e then

• Advertisement

cute geoge wrote: »
    What is the going rate for can ,pasture sward at the moment for a 16 ton load

We should really move fertiliser related stuff to that thread ,apologies ''twas me who dropped feet prices in here 😊😊

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭farisfat

Than 360 for urea ????.deals been done 280/300 currently

Sorry misread thought it was 260
    275 i bought for.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,619 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

We should really move fertiliser related stuff to that thread ,apologies ''twas me who dropped feet prices in here 😊😊

I can pull them out if you want, just let me know, pm is quickest, I'd see it first when I log on.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭boggerman1

Final gdt of the yr,down 0.5% on the last one.volumes traded around 23,000 tons.butter up slightly while wmp down 0.8%.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭GrasstoMilk

Dutch dairy FrieslandCampina cuts January guaranteed milk price @agrilandIreland
    http://www.agriland.ie/farming-news/dutch-dairy-frieslandcampina-cuts-january-guaranteed-milk-price/

Irish coops need to step up there game

• Registered Users Posts: 29,092 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭RightTurnClyde

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

It's driven by WMP, which we don't do much of and skim, butter and BMP are all up which should drive our prices up a bit.

And NZ production doesn't look like it will be rising by much in the current production year either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭boggerman1

Might add a bit of realism expectations on milk price here for 17

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 665 ✭✭✭OverRide

boggerman1 wrote: »
    Might add a bit of realism expectations on milk price here for 17

http://www.farmersjournal.ie/gdt-declines-by-3-9-in-first-auction-of-2017-246148

Not according to the comic and the IFA
    That auction was up in enough areas to support a 36c/l price EXCLUDING vat

So Glanbia,how about another 7c/l base please instead of your 30 or 31c cod of a fixed price thanks
    Give us what you get less a reasonable GIIL margin i.e. 36c/l plus vat thanks?

Advertisement