Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Milk Price III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭atlantic mist

36c for December milk, balies bonus used up on November milk, none paid on December supplies

we finish up the year wit a avg price of 30c, 1c of this is for winter supply, and another 1c was from grandfathers(coop) cookie jar, very little fixed

• Registered Users Posts: 4,378 ✭✭✭stanflt

36c for December milk, balies bonus used up on November milk, none paid on December supplies

we finish up the year wit a avg price of 30c, 1c of this is for winter supply, and another 1c was from grandfathers(coop) cookie jar, very little fixed

Forgot to say bf 4.47 and 3.67 protein for December

• Registered Users Posts: 11,115 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

stanflt wrote: »
    Forgot to say bf 4.47 and 3.67 protein for December

Savage sokids 40.78 cent here 5.11 fat 4.12 p.no fixed ,no winter .price for year 28.56 cent per litre

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭leg wax

41.58 for dec milk 5.17bf 4.32 pr pity i had so little:( nothing in anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭GrasstoMilk

What's the storey on the baileys bonus been used up already? Ours is too according to milk manager

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭freedominacup

mahoney_j wrote: »
    Savage sokids 40.78 cent here 5.11 fat 4.12 p.no fixed ,no winter .price for year 28.56 cent per litre

27.75 here for the year. Milk sales value dropped by €400 approx for the year. Very small amount fixed. Looking at icbf and co-op statements to year end we delivered 500kg ms/cow (502kg seems to be exact figure). 75% of the herd 1st/2nd calvers. Hopefully will be up another 15% on numbers this year. If we could squeeze another 20kg ms we'd be doubling '14/'15 output. Probably happened by accident but also managed to cut costs overall last year so serious reduction in cost per litre. I'll have a fuller breakdown by the weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭leg wax

how are you guys working out the average price for the year cant see it anywhere.
    :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,243 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

leg wax wrote: »
    how are you guys working out the average price for the year cant see it anywhere.
    I am using the icbf dairy herd performance report which gives up until the end of september, will then use oct/nov /dec net milk price off glanbia connect. I think thats right

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Dairygold gives the average on the website. Could just divide total milk sales by litres supplied assume it gives totals on glanbias site?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 787 ✭✭✭ArKl0w

How does Icbf calculate it?
    Do they have access to your milk payment each month?

• Advertisement

ArKl0w wrote: »
    How does Icbf calculate it?
    Do they have access to your milk payment each month?

They get figures from the dept of agriculture on volumes that are officially sold thru regulated channels

stanflt wrote: »
    They get figures from the dept of agriculture on volumes that are officially sold thru regulated channels

I'd still be interested in how it's calculated ,base milk price for most in the spring/summer months was surely no more than 25c ,how would supply at the front end at a lower price and smaller volumes at the back end rise that to 30c,especially when only half or less of the country's milk is fixed?

I'd suggest it's flawed because,OK individual farms have got their average up near 30,thanks to solids BUT and it's a crucial but,they the farmers,did this and would be doing this anyway
    There's a danger processor's will illegitimately take credit for that in order to take the focus off of their price suppressing during the year

Notwithstanding the fact that work on solids ABSOLUTELY does not leave price suppressing processors off the hook,Are there any breakdowns nationally from the figures? Difficult to ascertain,I know because every farmer gets paid a different price

I'd still be interested in how it's calculated ,base milk price for most in the spring/summer months was surely no more than 25c ,how would supply at the front end at a lower price and smaller volumes at the back end rise that to 30c,especially when only half or less of the country's milk is fixed?

I'd suggest it's flawed because,OK individual farms have got their average up near 30,thanks to solids BUT and it's a crucial but,they the farmers,did this and would be doing this anyway
    There's a danger processor's will illegitimately take credit for that in order to take the focus off of their price suppressing during the year

Notwithstanding the fact that work on solids ABSOLUTELY does not leave price suppressing processors off the hook,Are there any breakdowns nationally from the figures? Difficult to ascertain,I know because every farmer gets paid a different price

This figure is a farmer based figure from ICBF not an industry figure

Co ops should be obliged to be ranked on base price per year rather than price paid to farmer due to solid bonus

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

whelan2 wrote: »
    I am using the icbf dairy herd performance report which gives up until the end of september, will then use oct/nov /dec net milk price off glanbia connect. I think thats right

I usually go directly off the statements, I put it into the cost control planner which I use to generate the PM anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭atlantic mist

What's the storey on the baileys bonus been used up already? Ours is too according to milk manager

they dont want milk supplies during December, (holidays and machine down time, confusing i know considering the xmas market would be a critical time in the products life), the balies contract is split into before and after xmas, they pay full bonus until litres used so majority of us have this well used by december as supply contract is very small and doesnt increase over time, balies sales have been stagnant for a few years, same applies after xmas.

Dec protein 3.9 bf 4.2

leg wax wrote: »

Total milk sales value divided by total litres supplied in my case.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Received 33.29 including vat for Dec. 3.45p 4.19bf not including bonus. Bonus paid with Feb cheque. Edit 33.11 after levies. No fixed price milk for dec and Jan which is a balls for me as I would of had a bit of volume.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭yewtree

44.6 after deductions 5.55% fat 4.14 protein%. Cows were on once a day at that stage and milked up to 22nd December, so big cent/litre, not a massive cheque, but every little helps.

How does the milk reduction scheme work when does that get paid?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Start of April, iirc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭Injuryprone

Form came here during the week. Has to be returned to co-op by Feb 3 I think

Form came here during the week. Has to be returned to co-op by Feb 3 I think

A form for to get payment for oct-Dec or a form for Jan to march?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭Injuryprone

A form for to get payment for oct-Dec or a form for Jan to march?

Oct-Dec. Form to say what was applied for and what the actual reduction was. Co-op had it all filled in, I just had to check figures and sign.

http://www.agriculture.gov.ie/farmingsectors/dairy/voluntarysupplymanagementschemeforthedairysector/paymentsprocessphase1/

Oct-Dec. Form to say what was applied for and what the actual reduction was. Co-op had it all filled in, I just had to check figures and sign.

http://www.agriculture.gov.ie/farmingsectors/dairy/voluntarysupplymanagementschemeforthedairysector/paymentsprocessphase1/

Jeesus,talk about an unnecessary duplication of paperwork!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,851 ✭✭✭mf240

I see in the journal somewhere that glanbias new plant will be at capacity in the next 18 months .

27.75 here for the year. Milk sales value dropped by €400 approx for the year. Very small amount fixed. Looking at icbf and co-op statements to year end we delivered 500kg ms/cow (502kg seems to be exact figure). 75% of the herd 1st/2nd calvers. Hopefully will be up another 15% on numbers this year. If we could squeeze another 20kg ms we'd be doubling '14/'15 output. Probably happened by accident but also managed to cut costs overall last year so serious reduction in cost per litre. I'll have a fuller breakdown by the weekend.

The best I have now is 41.25c gross income incl sfp. 23.75c for all costs incl a bit of casual labour. Not incl family labour or finance costs. I think income is inflated a bit by 2015 culls being sold in 2016 with very little carryover of culls this year. No room for housing them being the main reason they were gone earlier.

In the profit monitor what do you include in levies, is it the levies on the milk cheque?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Stopitwillya

Get paid in April

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

I've moved the Dairygold chat to it's own thread as it deserves to have it's own and has little to do with milk price. Link to the new thread below.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057697752

BTJ.

Advertisement