Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Milk Price III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,098 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

Unfortunately for all farmers in all coops that contract will be elsewhere by the time to leave arrives. Processors scalping each other only serves to supermarkets as opposed to the farmers or coops. The Musgrave contract is up for renewal, just watch how cheap they will get their milk.

This is exactly why I've changed my mind about buying liquid contract.

May or may not be but we're currently putting money into kilconell plant to cater for more storage and efficiencies in plant ,liquid business is cut throat ,I like the fact we were able to undercut glanbia for Tesco and from our area meetings it's a side of our business that growth is seen to be in .saying that I don't see myself committing to winter milk ,milk to Christmas week and holidays to late janurary

• Registered Users Posts: 11,098 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

MJ, have enough guys taken up contracts to fill the Tesco contract?

From lads offered new contracts and lads milking through with no contract ,yes .there is also an arrangement with another coop to take in milk to make up any shortfall if it arises.also from talking to lads in groups etc there appears to be a renewed appetite for winter milk ,can't fathom why because as you've outlined its volatile ,Tesco contract is yearly

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Unfortunately for all farmers in all coops that contract will be elsewhere by the time to leave arrives. Processors scalping each other only serves to supermarkets as opposed to the farmers or coops. The Musgrave contract is up for renewal, just watch how cheap they will get their milk.

This is exactly why I've changed my mind about buying liquid contract.

Similar is happening with the likes of Danone, glanbia and tipperary sending milk down to macroom as well previously was just dairygold

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Keepgrowing

mahoney_j wrote: »
    From lads offered new contracts and lads milking through with no contract ,yes .there is also an arrangement with another coop to take in milk to make up any shortfall if it arises.also from talking to lads in groups etc there appears to be a renewed appetite for winter milk ,can't fathom why because as you've outlined its volatile ,Tesco contract is yearly

Which really begs the question of whom this price cutting is serving.
    Farmers supplying with no contract
    Milk from other coop, which one? It can't be Arrivo as they've a significant contract to fill.

I'd be very slow to invest in a business that is based on a 1 year contract and guaranteed to be whisked away next year and probably win back the following year.

This carryon certainly isn't serving the farmer, that's for certain.

One last question, is all the milk NDC marked?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭stretch film

mahoney_j wrote: »

• Advertisement

Dairygold up to 30c for december

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Keepgrowing

IFA: December milk price update: Arrabawn increases 1c/l to 29.08c/l + VAT (30.6c/l incl VAT)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,183 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

No sign of the Glanbia milk statements on line yet, what is the problem they used to always be up on line on 16th

• Advertisement

Dairygold Base is 30. The 0.5c is the standard quality bonus. They only started announcing that with the price in the last year to try and make it look better than it is. Was always there

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭yewtree

Mooooo wrote: »
    Dairygold Base is 30. The 0.5c is the standard quality bonus. They only started announcing that with the price in the last year to try and make it look better than it is. Was always there

what milk quality standard to you have to reach to qualify for the bonus?
    there are no bonuses for milk quality (TBC&cellcount) in Aurivo just penalties above certain levels

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Wildsurfer

Revolving fund kicks back in now too that base has hit 30cent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭Injuryprone

yewtree wrote: »
    there are no bonuses for milk quality (TBC&cellcount) in Aurivo just penalties above certain levels

0.1 is for having the bord bia qa passed.
    The other 0.4 is based on a points system that takes in TBC, scc, thermoduric, sediment & lactose.
    https://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.dairygold.ie/files/MC_1117_Keat_Milk_Purch_2011_A4_v13.pdf&ved=0ahUKEwion8vr18fRAhXGD8AKHQxbApgQFggbMAE&usg=AFQjCNGOZZ5lre1Tt8cb_mpR7W2j8QwCcg&sig2=TiVs68t3NsQBPrnjtpvd5A

yewtree wrote: »

On a 50 point scale. 20 points for scc under 200. The rest is then added for tbc, thd, sediment, etc. If you make between 45 and 50 for the month you get the 0.5c. It reduces then as points are lost

39.79 cpl for december milk, cows milked better than expected so supplied a bit more manufacturing than I wanted to, bringing price down a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭visatorro

whelan2 wrote: »
    39.79 cpl for december milk, cows milked better than expected so supplied a bit more manufacturing than I wanted to, bringing price down a bit

I presume your statement is online? This was the same before Christmas. I have neither statement nor money in account for some reason.

What's your bonus/liquid prices per litre whelan?

visatorro wrote: »
    I presume your statement is online? This was the same before Christmas. I have neither statement nor money in account for some reason.

No statement online yet. Jut the December price showing on glanbia connect

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,894 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

Price is looking positive starting 17. Long may it continue

kevthegaff wrote: »
    Price is looking positive starting 17. Long may it continue

Hopefully, reckon our crowd are a month behind with the increases tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭boggerman1

Gdt up 0.6%.however wmp was down again a bit.

What's your bonus/liquid prices per litre whelan?
    liquid milk fixed 37.68
    liquid milk not fixed 37.43
    manufacturing fixed 28.19
    manufacturing fixed 30.63
    manufacturing fixed 29.63
    manufacturing not fixed 30.43
    then premier bonus and add on vat..............

liquid milk fixed 37.68

My head hurts.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 787 ✭✭✭ArKl0w

Glanbia statements are up

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

ArKl0w wrote: »
    Glanbia statements are up

Mine was up this morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭freedominacup

Timmaay wrote: »
    Mine was up this morning!

TMI Tim, TMI.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,375 ✭✭✭stanflt

liquid milk fixed 37.68

Liquid fixed 40.3 plus vat
    Liquid 40.08 plus vat

Standard manuf 36.9 plus vat which includes winter bonus

Overall price 39.5 plus vat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,135 ✭✭✭kowtow

stanflt wrote: »
    Liquid fixed 40.3 plus vat
    Liquid 40.08 plus vat

Standard manuf 36.9 plus vat which includes winter bonus

Overall price 39.5 plus vat

Jeez these prices are beginning to creep upwards.

I'm gonna have to start charging myself more for my milk.

Advertisement