Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Milk Price III

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

mahoney_j wrote: »
    I wonder how many that signed up for reduction scheme actually reduced supply .....

And meanwhile I'm going to be about 25kl shy this Dec to Feb over last winter, but there's zero moneys left for me because everyone else was too busy throwing in their applications (my heart bleeds for ya I can hear everyone saying ha)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Will be up over 110k litres this year but receipts will be same as last year. The scheme would have suited me for Jan Feb March if it had gone that far. Will be drying off all spring calvers and culls next week so will be down to 4 rows in the parlour by Fri, first one due Jan 29th I think

• Registered Users Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭alps

Applied, hoping to dry early December....still got 12000l to supply before we hit the reduction target...pity we didn't put in for more, but great to have it..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Keepgrowing

alps wrote: »
    Applied, hoping to dry early December....still got 12000l to supply before we hit the reduction target...pity we didn't put in for more, but great to have it..

I'm lost, milk is making c40c/litre at the moment. Why would someone want 14c?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭alps

I'm lost, milk is making c40c/litre at the moment. Why would someone want 14c?

Time of the year kg....cows on silage and 3kg meal...decision to use no further input as our feeling was the extra input would be just buying the extra milk....did that other years but last year was a cash neutral exercise at best...not gonna do that again. Cows tip away on minimum input,0.9kg ms, and as long as they hold body condition we will continue up to Christmas. The 14c is effectively a payment on last year's overproduction...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,916 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

See the letter in the journal about glanbia taking money off a trading account without consulting the farmer. I know there are 2 sides to every story but the reply looked like it was written by glanbia itself. No mention of bank of Ireland loans available to pay off trading accounts. Did it mention the gap loan scheme?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭GrasstoMilk

whelan2 wrote: »
    See the letter in the journal about glanbia taking money off a trading account without consulting the farmer. I know there are 2 sides to every story but the reply looked like it was written by glanbia itself. No mention of bank of Ireland loans available to pay off trading accounts. Did it mention the gap loan scheme?
    Supposedly the seasonal loans are gone now with the loan scheme Glanbia brought out

Supposedly the seasonal loans are gone now with the loan scheme Glanbia brought out

I got it with bank of ireland a few months ago. I am not a customer of there's. There are options there other than swiping money unannounced.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭freedominacup

I got it with bank of ireland a few months ago. I am not a customer of there's. There are options there other than swiping money unannounced.

There are options and no one could accuse me of being a glanbia cheerleader but I find once an agreement is made in advance about deductions or agreed payments are made money is not swiped unannounced. We've been dealing almost exclusively with them over the past year and have yet to be far wrong on price and usually doing better than what is available to us elsewhere. I'd agree that the letter reply looked like it had been written by glanbia trading though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,402 ✭✭✭jaymla627

There are options and no one could accuse me of being a glanbia cheerleader but I find once an agreement is made in advance about deductions or agreed payments are made money is not swiped unannounced. We've been dealing almost exclusively with them over the past year and have yet to be far wrong on price and usually doing better than what is available to us elsewhere. I'd agree that the letter reply looked like it had been written by glanbia trading though.

Get all my fert here of them as they are good value, but on the feed side of things you be better off giving the cows cardboard with molasses on it, god knows how they're getting away with the crap their putting into their nuts.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,843 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

When price goes above 30c how much will be deducted due to schemes, think 1c in arrabawn for shares if not at adequate shares

Any idea for November price?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,027 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

Any idea for November price?

30 base minimum ,at this stage it's well warranted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 787 ✭✭✭ArKl0w

Well wouldn't every suppliers Debt be down a good few thousands if GIIL matched or bettered the likes of wee Strathroy instead of paying the poorest price in Europe

I don't know what profit GIIL made in 2016 but if it reached its target on the backs of its suppliers of what was it 30 million on the orders of its 40% shareholder? By taking that 2c to 4c a litre off farmers to reach its target ,its taken a WHOPPING 10 to 20K off a 100 cow farmer

If Jim Bergins comments in the newsletter weren't a typo a few weeks ago,buried in it he said iirc,40% of suppliers are in fixed schemes
    If that's the case 60% are not-probably because they could not trust them after the early ones were so disadvantageous
    Even of the 40% in them, most have a pawltry amount meaning that 10 to 20k skimmed off the suppliers back is a live figure for most average suppliers

It's frightening that this is the processor we're dealing with and it's supposed to be a co operative?? Gosh

kevthegaff wrote: »
    When price goes above 30c how much will be deducted due to schemes, think 1c in arrabawn for shares if not at adequate shares

0.5c for revolving fund and .5c for shares until you hit required amount. Revolving fund gets paid back.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,843 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

Mooooo wrote:
    0.5c for revolving fund and .5c for shares until you hit required amount. Revolving fund gets paid back.

What about the loan scheme?

kevthegaff wrote: »
    What about the loan scheme?

In dairygold,? not sure I didn't opt for it. I think that was separate to milk price anyway

Glanbia member Nov milk price up 2cpl to 30 cpl incl 1 cpl Co Op support. GII price up 2 cpl to 29 cpl. See http://bit.ly/NovMilk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Glanbia member Nov milk price up 2cpl to 30 cpl incl 1 cpl Co Op support. GII price up 2 cpl to 29 cpl. See http://bit.ly/NovMilk
    How long more will they keep the co-op support, Kg?

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭hurling_lad

Presumably it won't last too far into the milking season next year.

1c on November supply is a lot different to 1c on March or April.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 665 ✭✭✭OverRide

I suspect until it dries up completely
    After all it's serving three functions now,(1)the pretence of 30c/l
    (2)Delaying gap repayment as base is sub 30(though it doesn't have to be paid back in winter I think)
    And (3) the most important one,Subsidising Glanbia plc & Gill :rolleyes:

I'd say that well must be almost dry. I was very disappointed to see it included in the text.

As I said before its time GII stood up on its 2 legs especially as the current recovery looks real.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,027 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

I'd say that well must be almost dry. I was very disappointed to see it included in the text.

As I said before its time GII stood up on its 2 legs especially as the current recovery looks real.

That cookie jar must be nearly dry now and need replenishing ,agree on still having that coop support figure market should support that price now without support

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Fixture

OverRide wrote: »
    I suspect until it dries up completely
    After all it's serving three functions now,(1)the pretence of 30c/l
    (2)Delaying gap repayment as base is sub 30(though it doesn't have to be paid back in winter I think)
    And (3) the most important one,Subsidising Glanbia plc & Gill :rolleyes:

GAP repayment Doesn't apply in Winter

• Registered Users Posts: 4,841 ✭✭✭mf240

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRqLEqLwJh0cqFIS8nOttVNwSnFm_ZSePC3fi3oAK4-P2rQOjSg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,135 ✭✭✭kowtow

mf240 wrote:
    Milk price three "milk harder"

Could be worse.

When I first read "milk price three" I thought it was an announcement.

Any glanbia suppliers get a small lodgement from them yesterday and today? Any idea what its for?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,135 ✭✭✭kowtow

whelan2 wrote:
    Any glanbia suppliers get a small lodgement from them yesterday and today? Any idea what its for?

As long as it's not the Lagos office "testing the account credentials"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,402 ✭✭✭jaymla627

Something about a glanbia co-op society payment is coming up on mine, could it be a rebate on feed/fert I wonder

• Advertisement

jaymla627 wrote: »
    Something about a glanbia co-op society payment is coming up on mine, could it be a rebate on feed/fert I wonder

Don't want to spend it until I know what it's for

Advertisement