Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MMA Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

CatFromHue wrote: »
    Well to be honest I'm not sure anyone really knows what the hell is going on in Syria and why da fuk most of the militia's are fight so poor grammar could actually be in the mix somewhere. It wouldn't surprise me with the amount of head the balls over there.

futurama-fry.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

I know. I'm completely uncaring about the situations in Syria, America and the Middle East. I just despair at grammar.....

Oh wait....

Just move on. You disagree and you're part of the reason why the English language is going to pieces - people just accepting it being butchered on the basis "they understand it".

HA!

I wont be able to sleep tonight for worrying at the damage I am doing to the English language.

Catch a hold of yourself there lad FFS.

CatFromHue wrote: »
    Well to be honest I'm not sure anyone really knows what the hell is going on in Syria and why da fuk most of the militia's are fight so poor grammar could actually be in the mix somewhere. It wouldn't surprise me with the amount of head the balls over there.

A misplaced comma can be a dangerous thing!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/diaz-brothers-meet-greet-nyc-with-joe-schilling-jake-shields-luke-rockhold-tickets-28968275893

Who the **** is paying $195 to meet Rockhold Diazs Bro's and Shields, some racket.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

It's in an Irish pub too!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

califano wrote: »
    wondefullife i'm just wondering why you're posting on the mma forum for only 4 months and at a feverish pace when you have an account here since 2011?. Serious question don't take offense:)

No offence taken :)

If you go through my post history you'll see i didn't post on any forum on Boards for the best part of 2 and a half years until 4 months ago.

This was mainly due to caring for my dad through COPD and terminal cancer until he died and i wasn't too well myself afterwards (physically/mentally).

If the question is why did i not post on MMA 3 years ago, well i think i covered that elsewhere. I only got into the sport in late 2012 and i hadn't a clue what i was watching. Sometimes i still don't know precisely some of the transitions when it hits the mat but i'm addicted to watching jiujitsu and feel my knowledge gets better daily from reading Mellor and Marcos and others in here.

Latter part of your question - I find Boards to be a big help and an outlet for me. I don't really have many friends and i only signed up to Boards when Gary Speed committed suicide and DeVore was starting his Lets All Laugh At Depression thread. TL'DR; I kinda feel like i'm talking to friends when i post in here. I know i post too much sometimes but i try not to post drivel if i can help it lol.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Gamebred wrote: »

Seen FM104 posting about this - people saying the bouncer lashed out too much.

Twats got what they deserved.

Axwell wrote: »

****in eejits

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Love how the little thug in blue is still saying "come on" to the bouncer after he landed some solid punches on him and ko'ed his thug mate.

The spitting is vile too

• Advertisement

Tinie wrote: »
    Love how the little thug in blue is still saying "come on" to the bouncer after he landed some solid punches on him and ko'ed his thug mate.

The spitting is vile too
    Pity he didnt get knocked out too

• Registered Users Posts: 39,130 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Axwell wrote: »

People are retarded to think that. He defended himself and back away everytime. Completely reasonable.
    What do they think the two clowns would have done if they dropped the bouncer instead, he's probably be in hospital.

I had the laugh though, the skinny guy trying to do his best McGregor impersonation. But the other fella keeping wading in like CM Puck

• Registered Users Posts: 11,913 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

That's why i never EVER agreed to work a door solo, if he'd gone down he'd have been fcuked up

• Registered Users Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭xtal191

Looks to be outside the Woolshed pub and the Cinema in town end of Parnell st across from Smyths.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Looks to be outside the Woolshed pub and the Cinema in town end of Parnell st across from Smyths.

It is the Woolshed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

The sad thing is this guy will probably lose his job and the two lads could probably claim against him/the bar. The law is unfortunately not on the bouncers side. His training would have recommended that he close the doors and go inside.

Also, the fact that he has his walkie talkie within his fist while hitting the lads won't work in his favour either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Whelo79 wrote: »
    The sad thing is this guy will probably lose his job and the two lads could probably claim against him/the bar. The law is unfortunately not on the bouncers side. His training would have recommended that he close the doors and go inside.

Also, the fact that he has his walkie talkie within his fist while hitting the lads won't work in his favour either.

Really? There seems to be 4 lads ( 2 aggressors) and him. Its clearly self defence.

His training "recommends" he goes inside but is that something you can use against him?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Love the way your man was flattened at the end. As*holes deserve everything they got and more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Dunno how that can go down as anything other than self defense. Two scumbags got the least of what the deserve, it's only a pity he didn't knock the other one out too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

If anything this should count as assault on the door man by a group or drunk gob****es. I'd love to see him persue a civil case against them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

If anything this should count as assault on the door man by a group or drunk gob****es. I'd love to see him persue a civil case against them.

not gunna happen unfortunately, scumbags will probably take a case and win, especially when theres video of the incident. Law around the area is completely fucked imo and gives fuck all protection to the bouncer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

He might be a but of a joker but my god Briggs is an inspiration. Great episode.

Katie Taylor entering the ring for her pro debut now boxings Ronda Rousey...

Watching it here. She looks in great shape.

Having her way with her oppponent so far going into the third.

3rd round stoppage.

Didn't think it should have been stopped so easily when it was, but it was coming regardless over the 6 rounds.

Easy win as expecting fighting a part timer but still the balls rolling now.

She was always gonna be fed a an easy opponent first time out but to her credit she looked very good.

Hopefully her personal issues are behind her.

Slickest boxer on the planet fighting here Lomachenko.

• Advertisement

Disgraceful from Walters getting a seminar in boxing from Loma and he quits pathetic show of heart or lack of it, paying public robbed #nomas

Advertisement