Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the weather like in your area 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭pedigree 6

10 degrees, overcast and still this easterly wind.
    Neighbours cows are in the ditch looking for a bit of heat.
    Perishing!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

davidk1394 wrote: »
    Same here down in south tipp. Even have the stove lighting

was talking to the brother in law last night and told him I finished lighting the stove 10 days ago, and wouldn't lite it again until next October, but I had It back on at 8-00 this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,710 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Rain due next Friday according to www.yr.no

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Wear a mask weather,

Anything above 25 isn't healthy :(:(

18300974_10155030457830630_6386961371778265945_n.jpg?oh=f6f6ac8509a4230b37eb9f605f790018&oe=5974E5B3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Rain due next Friday according to www.yr.no

We were told that last week too.

I can barely see the cows through the dust atm.

• Advertisement

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Wear a mask weather,

Anything above 25 isn't healthy :(:(

18300974_10155030457830630_6386961371778265945_n.jpg?oh=f6f6ac8509a4230b37eb9f605f790018&oe=5974E5B3

Where's that?

In tullamore?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Seoul by the looks

ganmo wrote: »
    Seoul by the looks

I was thinking it wasn't that warm in tullamore.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭TITANIUM.

We were told that last week too.

I can barely see the cows through the dust atm.

TWill rain eventually of course, and might not stop for a while but at the moment tis fairly worry some here. Ground is like concrete. Grazed ground takes an age to start moving again but at least we're able to utilise almost every last blade in the paddocks.
    No point in worrying I suppose it's not like we can do anything about it.

TITANIUM. wrote: »
    TWill rain eventually of course, and might not stop for a while but at the moment tis fairly worry some here. Ground is like concrete. Grazed ground takes an age to start moving again but at least we're able to utilise almost every last blade in the paddocks.
    No point in worrying I suppose it's not like we can do anything about it.
    It's just starting to burn off grass here, it should be very easy to see during the coming week.

The one consolation I have is there should be an explosion of growth for a week or so when the rain finally does come.

Gave in finally and booked a powerharrow to level off a few areas of rough ground in silage fields:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭CloughCasey1

It's just starting to burn off grass here, it should be very easy to see during the coming week.

The one consolation I have is there should be an explosion of growth for a week or so when the rain finally does come.

Gave in finally and booked a powerharrow to level off a few areas of rough ground in silage fields:o

First pic sample of patches of grass burning off
    The others are from the re-seed 6 weeks ago. There is no re-growth here.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,381 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Are you happy with the reseeds progress

Reggie. wrote: »
    Are you happy with the reseeds progress

Not a bit. Would be 4inches and thick at this stage if we had even one wet day a week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭Username John

Not a bit. Would be 4inches and thick at this stage if we had even one wet day a week.

In a good year, you could be half thinking of putting the sheep to graze after 6 weeks... definitely after 7...

And to think Clough I was a bit worried in case of frost / bad weather when you put it in... lack of rain was the furthest thing from my mind... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 24,381 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Yeah I noticed alot of reseeding going on the last 3 weeks and I reckoned alot of it could fail. Hoped I was wrong but I know a few fields that are sown a month with nothing showing.

Panicked abit on the bits I over sowed but the seed emerged last week

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Reggie. wrote: »
    Yeah I noticed alot of reseeding going on the last 3 weeks and I reckoned alot of it could fail. Hoped I was wrong but I know a few fields that are sown a month with nothing showing.

Panicked abit on the bits I over sowed but the seed emerged last week

It not showing is fine, twud be worse if a drop of rain came to get a reseed going and then have nothing for weeks that would kill it

Mooooo wrote: »
    It not showing is fine, twud be worse if a drop of rain came to get a reseed going and then have nothing for weeks that would kill it

Couldnt agree more. Was lucky enough to be honest. 2 weeks later would have been a disaster. Not with frost as predicted.☺☺☺. Once a few runners get a bite out of it then it should bring it on more. all after a bit of rain tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Lovely morning. Dew gone from grass already

That'll come grand once it gets a shower of rain and a quick graze, hopefully.
    A spell of dry weather a few years back turned me off spring reseeding unless I'm doing heavy ground.

That'll come grand once it gets a shower of rain and a quick graze, hopefully.
    A spell of dry weather a few years back turned me off spring reseeding unless I'm doing heavy ground.

Sowed 3 acres August 14 and got no rain for 5 weeks IIRC. Best field i have now.☺

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭Dickie10

Some day here now 20 degrees! May 2010 was like this too although not as prolonged dry, think we got a decent enough summer after

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭The Cuban

Any ground with fertilizer on the surface must be on fire now, and to make things worse it now looks like there will be no rain this week either

• Registered Users Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Looking at yr.no, the forecast has changed form yesterday for the rain at the end of the week. Less of it , which probably means none

• Registered Users Posts: 4,054 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Smashing day down here. Threw in the towel with study and cut the lawn instead :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭Dickie10

Procrastination at its best. I really dont know what I am going to do with students tomorrow, if its a day like that today, the Renaissance wont keep them awake!

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Snowfire

Neighbour of mine planning to do silage week after next. Guaranteed a washout while he's at it. Never fails

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

Super day in west cork. Was getting ready to put down a few metres of concrete this evening. Stopped for grub around 3.00. Got a call from contractor looking for help spreading pig slurry. So that's what I'm at since. Would be hard work at conc this evening. Too much drying as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Capercaillie

Rain Friday/Saturday.:D Thanks to be jaysus!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

Rain Friday/Saturday.:D Thanks to be jaysus!!!

Mixture of heat and rain forecasted Friday alright. Hoping enough falls to drive grass on. Fingers and toes crossed !!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭cute geoge

I heard there is only 5-10 ml of rain forecast for weekend and then a return to sunny weather for the rest of may HOORAY

Advertisement