Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the weather like in your area 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭The Cuban

cute geoge wrote: »
    I heard there is only 5-10 ml of rain forecast for weekend and then a return to sunny weather for the rest of may HOORAY
    Yep forcast has changed again, little or no rain promissed for next weekend now according to the BBC weather. Wind going to the south east at the weekend, we might even get a dusting of Sahara sands again like before, thats as good as any 0:7:30 for the land :D
    Temperatures rising too the following week. I think things might start getting serious if we haven't a couple of days rain got in the next 14 days

• Registered Users Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭Base price

A hot sticky day (19c) in ncd compared to yesterday which was overcast with a cutting East wind. Spent the last few days (working with my sister & brothers) reconstructing a bathroom in my Mams house to make it suitable for her. Thankfully most of the physical work was done when it was cooler last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,359 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Did any of the weather guru's predict this dry spell, Ken Ring, postman from Donegal, MT cranium?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

whelan2 wrote: »
    Did any of the weather guru's predict this dry spell, Ken Ring, postman from Donegal, MT cranium?

When you see Evelyn Cusack back doing the weather you'll know that not only is the dry spell over so is the summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭pedigree 6

Me.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,962 ✭✭✭awaywithyou

ken ring said this yr would be 25% drier than a normal/average year....

http://www.farmersjournal.ie/connacht-to-be-25-drier-next-summer-than-seasonal-average-forecaster-244585

pedigree 6 wrote: »
    Me.:D

Ah we just ignore you :)

ken ring said this yr would be 25% drier than a normal/average year....

http://www.farmersjournal.ie/connacht-to-be-25-drier-next-summer-than-seasonal-average-forecaster-244585

And people pay him money!

Ah we just ignore you :)
    Ye think I'm mad anyway.

More fun that way.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,539 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Sunny, clear sky, breezy 15c.

Real heavy dew this morning, like a wee shower of rain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,399 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

_Brian wrote: »
    Sunny, clear sky, breezy 15c.

Real heavy dew this morning, like a wee shower of rain.

Yeah glad to see the heavy dew this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭tanko

A farmer started a thread on the weather forum asking if it'll ever rain again.
    There's one born every minute:pac:

Ye think I'm mad anyway.

More fun that way.:D

So what does the next month have in store?

Ohhhhh put him on the spot

Misery....:)

tanko wrote: »
    A farmer started a thread on the weather forum asking if it'll ever rain again.
    There's one born every minute:pac:

Awful eejit.:pac:

Continental weather until the E.N.S.O goes into El Nino or perhaps back into La Nina and only then will we be back into zonal Atlantic conditions.

Continental weather until the E.N.S.O goes into El Nino or perhaps back into La Nina and only then will we be back into zonal Atlantic conditions.
    What's that in simple person format please?

What's that in simple person format please?

French weather.

Blocking high pressure interupted by low pressure systems coming from the south or the east bringing thunderstorms and localized downpours at times.

That's my guess.
    (So don't chop the head off me if it turns out different).:)

But no big strong jet stream over us till El Nino or la Nina starts up again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

Reggie. wrote: »
    Yeah glad to see the heavy dew this morning

Says a lot unfortunately, when we're banking in a heavy dew to get us out of trouble.

• Advertisement

Says a lot unfortunately, when we're banking in a heavy dew to get us out of trouble.

Unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 10,738 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

I was walking the edge of the silage fields today throwing back stones. Jeez the land is rock solid dry. Tried to flatten down the odd bit of raised earth from poaching. Couldn't do it.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

I was walking the edge of the silage fields today throwing back stones. Jeez the land is rock solid dry. Tried to flatten down the odd bit of raised earth from poaching. Couldn't do it.

Hit rough ground the other day spreading Fert and not a budge out of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭The Cuban

little or no growth now. Land is gone as dry as a bone. Its burning up

• Registered Users Posts: 4,098 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Lovely morning here. May as well enjoy the sun while we have it

• Registered Users Posts: 18,539 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Heavy frost this morning, sunny clear and warming up now.

Shame to see rain in the forecast for the weekend.

_Brian wrote: »
    Heavy frost this morning, sunny clear and warming up now.

Shame to see rain in the forecast for the weekend.
    Forecast seems to be changing, was to be rain here on Friday, now not until Saturday night. No frost here but a heavy dew

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭restive

Met.ie are saying a band of rain to move across the country on Saturday giving 5-10 mm of rain. Time to get out fertilizer spreader. My ground could use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,587 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Another sunny day here in NW,enjoy the next few days as on long term Forecast it will rain each day next week!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,882 ✭✭✭Dickie10

giving a bit of rain for every day next week, with more heat maybe clammy , grass will get going agaain

Advertisement