Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hisense 43" 4k

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭wush06

Got the 43" a few weeks back for £299 and have to say it's a great to for the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭kyeev

Wisesmurf wrote: »
    its VESA compatible so any VESA mount that goes to the size of the backplate will fit. Richer Sounds mention a 200 x 200 VESA required for the 55". They're not heavy.
    Mine is wall mounted. Bought a bracket from Amazon for 8 quid. There's actually a nice bit of room behind the TV so we've hidden the Wii u and a hardrive behind it. Tidy...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭WhoWhatWhere

tonic wine wrote: »
    I thinking how would battlefield 1 look like on this, would it be a good to for gaming? One of the reviews on richer sounds for the HDR model suggests it is.

Wait for PS4 Pro ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,407 ✭✭✭Nollog

What about using an Xbox 360 on this? Would it be playable? The only game I play is pes 2016 but the tv needs to be okay for this! :D
    I thinking how would battlefield 1 look like on this, would it be a good to for gaming? One of the reviews on richer sounds for the HDR model suggests it is.

ive actually never tried my console on it. hdmi 1 and 2 do 4k30 3 and 4 do 4k60 so you could put them in hdmi 1 or 2 no problem.
    kyeev wrote: »
    Mine is wall mounted. Bought a bracket from Amazon for 8 quid. There's actually a nice bit of room behind the TV so we've hidden the Wii u and a hardrive behind it. Tidy...
    can you share the link for that?

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭kyeev

/\/ollog wrote: »
    ive actually never tried my console on it. hdmi 1 and 2 do 4k30 3 and 4 do 4k60 so you could put them in hdmi 1 or 2 no problem.

can you share the link for that?
    Duronic TVB777 for 8.99.
    I bought this particular bracket as it is not too flush to the wall. Allows room to get your hand in for connecting wires and I can sit the Wii u behind TV.
    My Samsung TV is on a very flush bracket i.e. tight to the wall, and while it looks a bit tidier, it's very difficult to get your hand in to connect wires etc. I just about fit a hardrive behind it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭richy

I just got BF1 and this tv. Played them over last 2 days. Looked really good albeit I have an xbox one not an S or whatever. Was worried about input lag as cheaper tvs have them and its supposed to be a big negative for gaming but havent notice it myself and I consider myself a pretty good FPS. Doesnt mean its not lagging though. Have no way to test.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

philstar wrote: »
    how does SD output look on these 4k tellys??
    The same as on any TV. it won't upscale afaik and if you watch 4K content and drop to SD definition you'll notice the difference.

how about regular HD? does it still look sharp or does it show up the imperfections?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Del007

Make sure you get a wall mount that sticks out from the wall a bit. I have the 65" and it's a bloody nightmare to access the back of the tv

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Was gonna buy the 40 inch but Amazon wants 20 GPB or so for shipping - I thought I read here it was free to Ireland?
    Also does anyone buy the insurance or nah?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Marhay70

Was gonna buy the 40 inch but Amazon wants 20 GPB or so for shipping - I thought I read here it was free to Ireland?

Did you tick the box for free delivery?

• Advertisement

Check if you're buying from amazon themselves or a seller on amazon.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Has anyone tried the PVR Usb recording? Is it any good?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Ah, didnt see that (scarleh). Bought the 40 inch, as I dont need something huge. Reviews were great - saw something about someone getting the 40 for 249 GBP so was tempted to wait for Cyber Monday etc but would rather have it sooner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭will56

I'm really impressed so far, sd upscaling seems alright, have to tweak the settings but otherwise I'm pretty happy with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭ollaetta

I've had the 40in for six months now and it's a really good TV for the money. Can't fault it and it looks super up on my wall. As someone else mentioned though, if wall mounting get a bracket which leaves room at the back as the controls are not easy to get at if mounted flush.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

If using wall mounts, I highly recommend the Cheetah range from Amazon, have used a good few and amazing quality at great price...

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 60,294 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Which company delivers the tv from Amazon An Post?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Marhay70

Which company delivers the tv from Amazon An Post?

An Post delivered my TV but DHL are a possibility. An Post is a far better option IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,881 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

will56 wrote:
    I am currently debating whether or not to get this TV. Seems like a real bargain ?

will56 wrote:
    Hi,

will56 wrote:
    €400ish would be my budget so getting even a mid level 4k for that amount seems tempting.

will56 wrote:
    Anyone any experience of this model or other Hisesnse TVs ?

This model doesn't seem to have upscaling as far as I can see. If a model with upscaling is a little more expensive I think it is worth it. If it costs a lot more and pushes it out of your budget then it's out of budget.
    Mine has upscaling so most of the regular HD on sky and Netflix is coming in close to 4k quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    This model doesn't seem to have upscaling as far as I can see. If a model with upscaling is a little more expensive I think it is worth it. If it costs a lot more and pushes it out of your budget then it's out of budget.

Every 4K TV has upscaling. Might be better or worse - but all have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,881 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

grogi wrote:

I didn't know that. It's something I'd be willing to pay extra for though. If I had to

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

grogi wrote: »

By definition the TV has to populate all the pixels on screen so yes all upscale, the processing of this upscale varies

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10 rowdy_rr

Lads is it worth waiting for black friday ?

rowdy_rr wrote: »
    Lads is it worth waiting for black friday ?

I'd say so. I got it for 200-something toward the end of sumber so it Def. Has room to come down in price.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

/\/ollog wrote: »
    I'd say so. I got it for 200-something toward the end of sumber so it Def. Has room to come down in price.

277 in June to be precise

//ollog wrote: »

277 in June to be precise
    pre-brexit too. I saved a lot on the pound alone. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 60,294 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I got the 49" a lovely piece of kit for the price I have to say and the picture quality is really really good watched a few 4k Netflix shows and they are stunning.

I watched Planet Earth 2 on it from a Sky HD box and was blown away at how good it looked.

Thanks to the OP for the heads up a great bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

Did anyone see this TV locally in Dublin anywhere.

On my way home to see mine, the brother kindly set it up. cant wait!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

I got the 49" a lovely piece of kit for the price I have to say and the picture quality is really really good watched a few 4k Netflix shows and they are stunning.

I watched Planet Earth 2 on it from a Sky HD box and was blown away at how good it looked.

Thanks to the OP for the heads up a great bargain.

Did you have to update the firmware to get 4K Netflix on the TV's built in app?

Advertisement