Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hisense 43" 4k

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭will56

south wrote: »
    For around €440 I doubt you'd find anything better. I still have to play around with the settings for get the best picture but at the moment it's very good. 4k works really well.
    The smart TV part wouldn't be the greatest but it has the likes of Netflix on it and YouTube and both have a dedicated button on the remote.

How is the upscaling from HD/SD ?
    I only need Netflix and Youtube really so not too bothered about other "smart functions"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

For anyone who is considering a 4K tv for Xbox, this will tick all the boxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭richy

So I set it up tonight and I am pretty disappointed over the black parts of the screen. I havent updated it or played with the settings yet. Even Netflix was quite poor.

Did watch 4k in youtube and it looked really good but it was all bright nature scenes. Can someone tell me if they know how to update it? Googled H49M3000 update/firmware and it brings me to the Hisense site which has a download centre but most of the things are just for BBC and one is for a bunch of diff models as far as i can tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

richy wrote: »
    So I set it up tonight and I am pretty disappointed over the black parts of the screen. I havent updated it or played with the settings yet. Even Netflix was quite poor.

Did watch 4k in youtube and it looked really good but it was all bright nature scenes. Can someone tell me if they know how to update it? Googled H49M3000 update/firmware and it brings me to the Hisense site which has a download centre but most of the things are just for BBC and one is for a bunch of diff models as far as i can tell.

Download link for H49M3000:
    https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/support.hisense.co.uk/Aftersales%20Versions/model%20year%202016/K300/HE49K300UWTS/HE49K300UWTS_pkg_20160920.tar.gz

Instructions:
    Download the software to your PC. Open in Win Rar
    Copy the upgrade_loader.pkg file to a blank usb pen formatted as FAT32 minimum capacity 2G.
    Remove the usb pen when complete.
    Make sure that no other usb devices are connected to the set.
    Turn the TV on.
    Insert the usb pen in to USB1.
    Turn the TV off at the main on/off switch underneath the front of the set (in line with the I O symbol to the right of the Hisense name on the bottom trim).
    Hold down the standby button on the remote control (while pointing it at the TV).
    While holding down the standby button, turn the TV back on at the main switch.
    When the screen comes on it will say software updating. Release the standby button.
    Wait until the software update finishes (10-15 minutes)
    If the software does not install, please try a second or third time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,803 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

You have to go OLED 4K to solve that problem. Each pixel generates it's own light with OLED.
    Waiting for the prices to come down on the 4K LG model. Could be waiting a while. :)

• Advertisement

Download link for H49M3000:
    https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/support.hisense.co.uk/Aftersales%20Versions/model%20year%202016/K300/HE49K300UWTS/HE49K300UWTS_pkg_20160920.tar.gz

Instructions:
    Download the software to your PC. Open in Win Rar
    Copy the upgrade_loader.pkg file to a blank usb pen formatted as FAT32 minimum capacity 2G.
    Remove the usb pen when complete.
    Make sure that no other usb devices are connected to the set.
    Turn the TV on.
    Insert the usb pen in to USB1.
    Turn the TV off at the main on/off switch underneath the front of the set (in line with the I O symbol to the right of the Hisense name on the bottom trim).
    Hold down the standby button on the remote control (while pointing it at the TV).
    While holding down the standby button, turn the TV back on at the main switch.
    When the screen comes on it will say software updating. Release the standby button.
    Wait until the software update finishes (10-15 minutes)
    If the software does not install, please try a second or third time.

Thanks for that. Do most usbs come fat 32 formatted or separate process.

Also does the update improve the picture do you know?
    Lastly can't find an option to change picture quality to high on netflix. Can't see the option on the tv Netflix app like you can On the pc.

Thanks

Is the only issue with the image quality the blacks ?

will56 wrote: »

Ya as far as I can tell. Gonna try update it later and use some of the picture settings videos online to try improve it. Will also test with xbox1.

The 4k blew me away though so that is fantastic. I have also only tested it with netflix so far. Tried it with stranger things and dark forest scenes were quote bad. Could only really make out faces. Also watched ed byrne from 2009. Quite poor aswell but may be because of the age of it rather than the dark comedy room setting

Ya as far as I can tell. Gonna try update it later and use some of the picture settings videos online to try improve it. Will also test with xbox1.

Excellent. I'm hovering over the buy now button now :D
    Its a pity its has the legs instead of a centre stand, otherwise I'd go for the 49 inch :D

Excellent. I'm hovering over the buy now button now :D
    Its a pity its has the legs instead of a centre stand, otherwise I'd go for the 49 inch :D

Don't but yet if you wanna wait till im home and I can measure the leg distance for you. Might be able to get the bigger one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

Racist :pac: :pac:

Don't but yet if you wanna wait till im home and I can measure the leg distance for you. Might be able to get the bigger one.

That'd be great. I can't get the proper dimensions of the feet online. The TV has to go diagonally on our unit so its harder to fit legs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

Lastly can't find an option to change picture quality to high on netflix. Can't see the option on the tv Netflix app like you can On the pc.

Thanks

You select the High Quality when logged into your account section on PC. This then sets all your Netflix apps to play at high quality.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

The Sony ones are worth a look too they have come down significantly in price, check out Amazon/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Thanks for that. Do most usbs come fat 32 formatted or separate process.

Also does the update improve the picture do you know?

Thanks

Not sure as I dont have the TV, I found those steps online through the HDUK site.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭kyeev

I bought the 49m3000 on Amazon about a month ago. Free delivery and euro strength meant I got it for around 450 euro. Might be even cheaper now with the latest sterling plunge. Arrived in about a week.
    It's an excellent TV. Satellite and terrestrial tuners built in. 4 x HDMI and 3 x USB. Sound is spot on.
    Streaming movies over WiFi works perfectly with Plex. Blacks are fine. 4k content on astra demo is pretty impressive. Can easily cast from my phone too which is great.
    The screen is a bit reflective in bright sunlight is about the only 'con' I can think of. And the satellite tuner is free to air and not freesat. But you can order the channels on your PC using free software, which I've done.

I have a Samsung h6700 in another room and I can't tell the difference. Apart from the Samsung was 3 times the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,304 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

what's the sound like or would it need a soundbar?

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭kyeev

Skerries wrote: »
    what's the sound like or would it need a soundbar?
    Sound is fine. We usually have it on 12-16/100. So plenty of extra volume there if you need it...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,044 ✭✭✭Pique

Insert USB stick into your computer.
    Open Windows Explorer.
    Right click on the drive letter corresponding to the USB stick and choose 'Format'.
    Choose FAT32 from the drop down and choose Quick Format.

****This will wipe any data on the drive!

Copy the new firmware onto it and follow the rest of the instructions.

Edit. This is a response to Richy in post 37.

That'd be great. I can't get the proper dimensions of the feet online. The TV has to go diagonally on our unit so its harder to fit legs

I looked but I cant find a measuring tape. The feet stick out at most 3 inches before the end either side. The TV according to online is 110 cm wide which is 43 inches. So if your tv stand is 36 inches or more in length it will fit.

Sorry couldnt be more accurate.

• Advertisement

I looked but I cant find a measuring tape. The feet stick out at most 3 inches before the end either side. The TV according to online is 110 cm wide which is 43 inches. So if your tv stand is 36 inches or more in length it will fit.

Sorry couldnt be more accurate.

That's great, thanks. I've to put the TV at an angle on the unit and I don't think the legs will fit.

43inch it'll have to be so.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭cian8

Just ordered this. Thanks OP.

Hate shopping for this kind of stuff - the more reviews I read the more conflicted I get!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭south

That's great, thanks. I've to put the TV at an angle on the unit and I don't think the legs will fit.

43inch it'll have to be so.

At the widest point the feet are 35.5 inches apart and ten inches from back to front.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,295 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I'm thinking about this myself and what's winning out for me is it has 4 HDMI ports.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Tempted by this also.. half thinking of waiting to see what comes up on Black Friday on the other hand.. decisions decisions :confused:

south wrote: »
    At the widest point the feet are 35.5 inches apart and ten inches from back to front.

Definitely won't suit so, damn!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭SomethingElse

Would this be okay for playing Xbox360 on?

Ordered it (the 43").
    Due to arrive early next week so I'll stick up some comments on it then.

We were debating about waiting for Black Friday/Cyber Monday but figured it was unlikely that we'd pick up a 4k for <€400.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

does the 40" & 43" have a freesat & Saorview tuner?

I had a tv from a different brand and it crashed and hung when switching a channel from one tuner to the other.

Anything like this say switching from RTE to BBC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

Be most curious what 1080p content looks like on this.

Advertisement