Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hisense 43" 4k

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

bur wrote: »
    Be most curious what 1080p content looks like on this.

What would be piqueing your curiosity?
    Do you feel there might be an issue?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭testicles

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭clancger

Seller looks dodgy, ParcelMotel address being rejected

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Del007

testicles wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Surely that can't be right???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Del007 wrote: »

The give away is when they supply an email address asking you to discuss it off site.

SCAM!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭will56

The give away is when they supply an email address asking you to discuss it off site.

SCAM!!!

Them and similar are popping up fairly regular on Amazon. Always get my hopes up when I get a Camel Camel alert :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭Nollog

eoinf wrote: »
    does the 40" & 43" have a freesat & Saorview tuner?

I had a tv from a different brand and it crashed and hung when switching a channel from one tuner to the other.

Anything like this say switching from RTE to BBC

i get bad quality bbc channels from accross the border and saorview with it.
    if i was bothered to get a decent antenna id get them all perfect.

the epg is a bit slow (only when opening and closing) but they improved it last update. other than that its as fast as any digital tv switching channels.

Can you put any app that you like on this tv? Showbox/kodi or similar apps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭WhoWhatWhere

degsie wrote: »
    Your OP is requesting input. That is the definition of a request.

Bargain alerts requests are for bargian requests, i.e., requesting a bargain, i.e., did anyone hear of any bargains on this item.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭carolmon

hi i'm looking for a smart tv and this one looks very good for the price, just checking with anybody who has it can I get the Irish channels on this? I have a satellite dish and combi box at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭SteM

As far as I can see it doesn’t run Android so no Showbox. Doubt Kodi would run on it either unless there's a version built for whatever OS Hisense run which is doubtful.

The only smart TVs I've seen that run Showbox and Kodi natively are the ones that are based on the Android OS like the Sony TVs.

it has a little app store. not much on there really. lots of stuff from lots of random countries.

i use an android box with it at 4k60fps. everything is upscaled bar the stuff i have locally that doesnt play very well on the android box i have. the tv itself plays them better via the network but youd need to be all cabled up for 4k to work. it has an rj45 ethernet port if you want to do that.
    carolmon wrote: »
    hi i'm looking for a smart tv and this one looks very good for the price, just checking with anybody who has it can I get the Irish channels on this? I have a satellite dish and combi box at the moment

your boxes have the decoders in them. any tv would work with set top boxes.
    it does get saorview and freeview broadcast signals from air no problem though. dvbt2

• Registered Users Posts: 12,321 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

if I use a HTPC on a 4K tv do I need to buy one of the 4K displayport to HDMI adapters or will the older one do

• Registered Users Posts: 8,098 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Skerries wrote: »
    if I use a HTPC on a 4K tv do I need to buy one of the 4K displayport to HDMI adapters or will the older one do

HDMI 2.0 you want

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

//ollog wrote: »
    does the 40" & 43" have a freesat & Saorview tuner?

I had a tv from a different brand and it crashed and hung when switching a channel from one tuner to the other.

Anything like this say switching from RTE to BBC

i get bad quality bbc channels from accross the border and saorview with it.
    if i was bothered to get a decent antenna id get them all perfect.

the epg is a bit slow (only when opening and closing) but they improved it last update. other than that its as fast as any digital tv switching channels.

sorry maybe i should've been clearer.

I ment switching between tuners say from BBC on Freesat to RTE on Saorview and vice versa.

IE would i get away without using my combi box which is showing its age at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭cavan4sam

Looking at the 55 inch 4k model ...would i be just going overboard paying 750stg for the hdr model or safe enough going for the 4k model for 529stg considering my internet speeds are just 12-15mbps at the minute ???

cavan4sam wrote: »
    Looking at the 55 inch 4k model ...would i be just going overboard paying 750stg for the hdr model or safe enough going for the 4k model for 529stg considering my internet speeds are just 12-15mbps at the minute ???

If you have the extra to futureproof? I don't think anyone streams HDR at the moment though?

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭vjmcdonnell

cavan4sam wrote: »

I have the 55 inch model and got an update on Tuesday which includdes support for HDR.

http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/hisense/55m3300/hise-55m3300

Bought from Richer Sounds in Belfast

• Registered Users Posts: 4,551 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

I have the 55 inch model and got an update on Tuesday which includdes support for HDR.

http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/hisense/55m3300/hise-55m3300

Bought from Richer Sounds in Belfast

Notice any difference?

• Advertisement

Been at work most of the week so will be giving it a good spin at the weekend.

Even before the update, its a lot to telly for the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭cavan4sam

Good stuff I'll keep an eye here to see how ye get on

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Also interested, seems like a great deal. Wondering how hard mounting it would be vs getting a stand for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Wisesmurf

its VESA compatible so any VESA mount that goes to the size of the backplate will fit. Richer Sounds mention a 200 x 200 VESA required for the 55". They're not heavy.

sorry maybe i should've been clearer.

I ment switching between tuners say from BBC on Freesat to RTE on Saorview and vice versa.

IE would i get away without using my combi box which is showing its age at this stage.
    switching input? it has a huge on screen menu so thatll slow you.
    the actual switching is almost instant its just the menu system that slows it.
    Also interested, seems like a great deal. Wondering how hard mounting it would be vs getting a stand for it.
    me too i have it on two bedside tables since i bought it in august.

id like a wall mount. it has the vesa holes would like some input from anyone whos mounted it before.

From memory its less tha 15kg, compared to my old 42 inch Philips its a feather weight

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

how does SD output look on these 4k tellys??

philstar wrote: »
    how does SD output look on these 4k tellys??

The same as on any TV. it won't upscale afaik and if you watch 4K content and drop to SD definition you'll notice the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭SomethingElse

The same as on any TV. it won't upscale afaik and if you watch 4K content and drop to SD definition you'll notice the difference.

What about using an Xbox 360 on this? Would it be playable? The only game I play is pes 2016 but the tv needs to be okay for this! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭tonic wine

What about using an Xbox 360 on this? Would it be playable? The only game I play is pes 2016 but the tv needs to be okay for this! :D

I thinking how would battlefield 1 look like on this, would it be a good to for gaming? One of the reviews on richer sounds for the HDR model suggests it is.

Advertisement