Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hisense 43" 4k

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭will56

ollaetta wrote: »
    I've had the 40in for six months now and it's a really good TV for the money. Can't fault it and it looks super up on my wall. As someone else mentioned though, if wall mounting get a bracket which leaves room at the back as the controls are not easy to get at if mounted flush.

I'm reasonable happy with my 43in, but I've a few niggling issues.

Volume levels between SD and HD channels can be annoying at times, I'm wondering would a sound bar help ?

The viewing angles are very bad. Once you go outside of directly in front of the tv the colours start to appear washed out. Its not a major issue, but it does leave me wondering if I should have waited to get a bigger name model ?

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭cian8

Very happy with mine. Thanks OP.

Any recommendations for removing handprints from the screen? I may have to remove the 2 year olds hands as a preventative measure.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭machu

Do they take much effort to set up or are they the same as any other Tv?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭will56

machu wrote: »
    Do they take much effort to set up or are they the same as any other Tv?

Very straightforward to set up. I connected mine to the Wi-Fi straight away and then it updated the firmware.

Picture settings are easy to adjust, plenty of suggestions online

Netflix set up was also very straight forward

• Registered Users Posts: 60,294 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Did you have to update the firmware to get 4K Netflix on the TV's built in app?

It updated OTA as soon as I turned it on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

It updated OTA as soon as I turned it on.

Awesome. Amazon Video also has 4K content so be good to have an array of content on both :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Wynnie12

Received the 49inch model today. Very impressed so far.

Any recommendations for picture settings?

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭lolliedog

Wynnie12 wrote: »
    Received the 49inch model today. Very impressed so far.

Any recommendations for picture settings?

There were settings posted at the start of this thread. A few posts down.

Got the 55" model. (M3300)

I usually heard horror stories about the sound on Hisense TVs but this is great.

4K content on Amazon Video/Youtube looks great. Didn't realise Netflix want an extra €2 for 4K :D . The Netflix button also works great, the app opens in a split second, no long loading screen with Netflix logo etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭bootser

Hi all, thinking of splashing out and have a couple of quick questions for those who have already bitten the bullet! Is there any irish apps on it, RTE/TV3 players etc? Has it got its HDR update? Has it got a web browser? Sorry if these have already been answered!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭bootser

Hi all, thinking of splashing out and have a couple of quick questions for those who have already bitten the bullet! Is there any irish apps on it, RTE/TV3 players etc? Has it got its HDR update? Has it got a web browser? Sorry if these have already been answered!

bootser wrote: »

None of the main Irish apps. You never know though, that could change as the brand get more popular. It has TG4.

The main apps are Youtube, Dailymotion, Amazon Video, Netflix, BBC iPlayer

HDR update - yes.

Web browser - yes but no Flash so I wouldn't trust it for streams etc.

It has an app for iPhone for using your phone as a mouse / keyboard for the browser.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭geo88

What is the latency like for it? Would this be suitable for gaming?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Anyone tried Gears 4 on this in HDR on the xbox? In gears 4 settings it says to change settings to make brightness of the 4 white cogs for the HDR so as the middle one is barely visible but cant seem to figure out how to without the other 2 cogs going the same.

Any help?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭branners69

Tinie wrote: »
    Has anyone tried the PVR Usb recording? Is it any good?

Am interested in the 43" but am wondering as above.

Anyone recording from saorview?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

branners69 wrote: »
    Am interested in the 43" but am wondering as above.

Anyone recording from saorview?

Don't have this set, but can't imagine it'll be markedly different than other TV's with PVR functionality - set to record via Saorview EPG & away you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭branners69

Yamanoto wrote: »
    Don't have this set, but can't imagine it'll be markedly different than other TV's with PVR functionality - set to record via Saorview EPG & away you go.

Pretty much, but my €3,500 Panny has PVR functionality but doesnt do series links which is a complete pain in the @ss!

So was wondering what people's experiences are with this TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Del007

I usually heard horror stories about the sound on Hisense TVs but this is great.

4K content on Amazon Video/Youtube looks great. Didn't realise Netflix want an extra €2 for 4K :D . The Netflix button also works great, the app opens in a split second, no long loading screen with Netflix logo etc.

I have a 65' Hisense and Netflix is extremely niggly. Sometimes it opens straight away and sometimes I have to keep on restarting or turn off and on the tv, its very annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Del007 wrote: »
    I have a 65' Hisense and Netflix is extremely niggly. Sometimes it opens straight away and sometimes I have to keep on restarting or turn off and on the tv, its very annoying

Did you try a firmware upgrade?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Got mine and been enjoying watching Netflix and Youtube during the day. I went for a 40' as I have a small apartment but it looks great! I am thinking of mounting it on the wall (bit nervous, never done that before). Think folks talked about it on here so will go re-read that.

• Advertisement

UsedToWait wrote: »
    Did you try a firmware upgrade?

It updated to the latest firmware and I still have the problem, very annoying. It plays perfect once it opens

Does Amazon video work in Ireland?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Do we update over the air on the actual tv or have to download one and use a usb as its saying theres no update for me in tv settings but just want to be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,294 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Do we update over the air on the actual tv or have to download one and use a usb as its saying theres no update for me in tv settings but just want to be sure.

Mine prompted me to update OTA which I did and it worked fine.

Just check the settings to see if you have it set for automatic or manual update.

It could be up to date already?

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Wynnie12

Would like to know also. No update available for me either. Tried the link for update in a earlier post but it seems to be broken.

Can anyone tell me the latest software version on the 49inch?

Also is there a way of checking if HDR is working?

Cheers

If you check the software version on your set it should end with G0825. If not, please use the link below to download it. Instructions are attached. Regards. Helpdesk UK

https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/support.hisense.co.uk/Official%20releases/model%20year%202016/K5500/HE65K5500UWTS_pkg_20160825.tar.gz

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭south

Wynnie12 wrote: »
    Would like to know also. No update available for me either. Tried the link for update in a earlier post but it seems to be broken.

Can anyone tell me the latest software version on the 49inch?

Also is there a way of checking if HDR is working?

Cheers

Mine is V00.01.00a.G0920

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭south

Taken from avforums
    Hello. The software for HDR update is being transmitted over the next few weeks (in batches by serial number) but you can download it from the link below if you wish. Instructions are attached. Regards. Helpdesk

https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/...HE49K300UWTS/HE49K300UWTS_pkg_20160920.tar.gz

Download the software to your PC.
    Open in Win.Rar
    Copy the upgrade_loader.pkg file to a blank usb pen formatted as FAT32 minimum capacity 2G.
    Remove the usb pen when complete.
    Make sure that no other usb devices are connected to the set.
    Turn the TV on.
    Insert the usb pen in to a USB port (not the blue one.
    Turn the TV off at the main on/off switch underneath the front of the set (in line with the I O symbol to the right of the Hisense name on the bottom trim).
    Hold down the standby button on the remote control (while pointing it at the TV).
    While holding down the standby button, turn the TV back on at the main switch.
    When the screen comes on it will say software updating. Release the standby button.
    Wait until the software update finishes (10-15 minutes)
    If the software does not install, please try a second or third time.

Thats what i used to update my 49"

https://www.avforums.com/threads/hisense-49m3000-any-owners-out-there.2049046/page-2

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

branners69 wrote: »
    Pretty much, but my €3,500 Panny has PVR functionality but doesnt do series links which is a complete pain in the @ss!

So was wondering what people's experiences are with this TV.

It's been a common complaint.

Series link apparently stopped working due to 2RN / RTENL altering something within the broadcast signal, which left everything but those Walker PVR boxes unable to access it.

I'd be surprised if series link worked on this Hisense.

Advertisement