Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hisense 43" 4k

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Wynnie12

south wrote: »

Link doesn't seem to be working anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭south

Wynnie12 wrote: »

I'll have a look around and see if I can find it again and upload it somewhere.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B45s0NqSYTxROFhQeGdFbkpsUXc

DISCLAIMER-- Use this at your own risk! It is the update file i had on my computer for the Hisence 49"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Is there any way to force 4k on youtube as I can only seem to get 1080p even on 4k videos.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭dawidnowak2005

Hi, probably was asked already but all this TVs 43-55" was upgraded to have HDR over hdmi? I mean for ps4 pro etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭ifeelstupid

Hi
    Looking at the 49" Hisense on Amazon for £399. Will only use for tv watching and Netflix. What are peoples opinions on the tv in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭will56

Hi
    Looking at the 49" Hisense on Amazon for £399. Will only use for tv watching and Netflix. What are peoples opinions on the tv in general.

Based on my experience with the 43" I would say its worth buying.
    I got to watch the rugby in HD at the weekend and I was blown away by the quality of the image. Before this I had been hymning and hawing about the TV but some proper HD viewing at the weekend confirmed it was good value for money.

Netflix works great on it.
    Plex works fine
    Build quality is good
    There is some backlight bleed but it doesn't affect my viewing

That being said, the viewing angle really isn't great and it takes some tweaking when you get it first but for the price I don't see much else out there.

Plus it passes the wife test :D

will56 wrote: »
    Based on my experience with the 43" I would say its worth buying.
    I got to watch the rugby in HD at the weekend and I was blown away by the quality of the image. Before this I had been hymning and hawing about the TV but some proper HD viewing at the weekend confirmed it was good value for money.

Netflix works great on it.
    Plex works fine
    Build quality is good
    There is some backlight bleed but it doesn't affect my viewing

That being said, the viewing angle really isn't great and it takes some tweaking when you get it first but for the price I don't see much else out there.

Plus it passes the wife test :D

Theres a plex app?

Tinie wrote: »
    Theres a plex app?

Yeah, its under the premium apps, have to scroll a bit to get to it but it is there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Wynnie12

south wrote: »
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B45s0NqSYTxROFhQeGdFbkpsUXc

DISCLAIMER-- Use this at your own risk! It is the update file i had on my computer for the Hisence 49"

Cheers update worked. However, HDR option is not available. It's greyed out. Even when I stream 4k content from the YouTube app

Cheers update worked. However, HDR option is not available. It's greyed out. Even when I stream 4k content from the YouTube app

HDR isn't available for everything. The 4k stream has to have an actual HDR stream also included to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭skilachi

Simple question, what's the cheapest way I can get the 49" model delivered to my door, prime? Euro? Steering? Parcel motel? Am based in Dublin.

You need to plug a source into the TV for the HRD to become active.

skilachi wrote: »
    Simple question, what's the cheapest way I can get the 49" model delivered to my door, prime? Euro? Steering? Parcel motel? Am based in Dublin.

If you can make a trip to Finglas, Parcel motel (NI address).
    Free Delivery from amazon and then €7 oversized charge from parcel motel

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

The TV should ship using Amazon's "Free delivery".

Get it delivered to your house or a neighbour. Passing it through Parcel Motel just means it's handled by more hands and more likely to break in transit!

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭skilachi

It'showing as £399. But when its in my cart it's coming in at £408. Even though I'm registered with Amazon prime,

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

skilachi wrote: »
    It'showing as £399. But when its in my cart it's coming in at £408. Even though I'm registered with Amazon prime,

Difference between Irish and UK VAT

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Got the 40 inch model for £267 (€308 on xe.com) delivered. Thanks opp!

[edit] If these are reduced in Black Friday will Amazon refund the difference? The one I bought was a warehouse deal so seems less likely...

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭CJmasgrande

Tusky wrote:

Tusky wrote:

When I look up xe.com I get a currency website?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

When I look up xe.com I get a currency website?

Yeah I was just estimating the euro cost of the purchase using xe.com.

Tusky wrote: »

[edit] If these are reduced in Black Friday will Amazon refund the difference? The one I bought was a warehouse deal so seems less likely...

No they wont. Nice deal, will keep my eyes open for similar on the 49/50"

Tusky wrote: »

No they will not. Black friday is always new stock, warehouse is used.

They rarely if ever price match difference on Warehouse anyway since its covered in terms that prices change often.

These TVs are fluctuating so much in price. I got the newer 43" model for like £275 a week ago or so and now its £330 or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭dawidnowak2005

Got 55" for 511 delivered from amazon warehouse deal 50 off if you spend 200 , hope I wil not be disappointed about it:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Del007

Got 55" for 511 delivered from amazon warehouse deal 50 off if you spend 200 , hope I wil not be disappointed about it:-)

Serious bargain

Got the 43" for £232, very good condition form the warehouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭cavan4sam

Sterling or euro ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Any cause for concern that they're going in the warehouse though? Surely that means they were returned..although the price is crackin with the £50 off!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,407 ✭✭✭Nollog

Shlippery wrote: »
    Any cause for concern that they're going in the warehouse though? Surely that means they were returned..although the price is crackin with the £50 off!

Some people return them because they cant work them.

You have a full 12 month guarantee on amazon. 30 days for if you just don't like it.

Also always read the "Condition and notes:" section on them as they tell you any and all problems with the item you're getting. Like "item has small scratch on side 1.2cm"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭MICKEYG

Trying to work out which is the better deal. WOudl anyone have an opinion?

This new £399 (M3000 Series)
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01E1QQHPK/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

Or this in the warehouse for £395 (new is £599) - cant find series number to compare in Hisense website.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hisense-inch-Widescreen-Smart-Freeview/dp/B015Q9LERM/ref=sr_1_5?m=A2OAJ7377F756P&s=warehouse-deals&ie=UTF8&qid=1479484181&sr=8-5&keywords=hisense

The 50" looks like the bigger discount but it may be an older model?

Advertisement