Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf IV - All Hallows' Eve - GAME OVER - Villagers Win

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,437 ✭✭✭tritium

quickbeam wrote: »
    So, it can only happen once?

And what's the point, one dies, but one joins, net figure remains?

Would it be useful to the demon team, only if the player they chose is a seer or priest or something?

I think thats probably it alright. Theyre basically wolves that can upgrade. Vampires seem a bigger threat ro villagers and demons alike after a while

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

Right well this will take a bit of a while to understand I reckon, but at least there are no tasks. At least that's my understanding.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

So, it can only happen once?

And what's the point, one dies, but one joins, net figure remains?

Would it be useful to the demon team, only if the player they chose is a seer or priest or something?

Pretty much, bringing a villager is useless but if they can get someone good its a team upgrade

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

sullivlo wrote: »
    Dean Winchester
    Dean is the hero. The hero can choose one person to protect at night, but instead of the victim dying, the hero and the attacker both die. The hero can also protect against vampire conversion or demon shapeshifting and survive. If hero protects attack from demon team, Lucifer will die if he is not already dead.

So let's get this straight. Dean protects Player X.
    Scenario 1: Vampires put a kill order in on Player X
    Player X surivives; Dean dies; one Vampire (chosen at random??) also dies.

Scenario 2: Michael Myes puts a kill order in on Player X
    Player X surivives; Dean dies; Michael Myres dies

Scenario 3: Demons put a kill order in on Player X
    Player X surivives; Dean dies; Lucifer dies if he's not already dead, otherwise no Demon dies

Scenario 4: Vampires put a convert order in on Player X
    Player X doesn't die and doesn't get converted in a Vampire; Dean survives; all Vampires survive

Scenario 5: Demons puts a shapeshift order in on Player X
    Player X doesn't die and doesn't shapeshift in to a demon; Dean survives; all Demons survive.

Would all that be about right??

What if two or more groups of baddies put in a kill order on Player X? Player X survives; Dean dies; but would each of the baddie teams have one of their members die too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Xaracatz

This isn't the friendly village from round 1! Anybody cutting hay / pumpkins?

Anyway, the seer role is diminished a lot this time, 'cause three roles will be revealed incorrectly. And then people's roles may change if they get converted. The hero will die if he protects a victim. The Shining will learn tonight who the seer is.

Do we start off with one demon and one vampire and they have to convert, or is there a demon and vampire team already?

• Advertisement

So let's get this straight. Dean protects Player X.
    Scenario 1: Vampires put a kill order in on Player X
    Player X surivives; Dean dies; one Vampire (chosen at random??) also dies.

Scenario 2: Michael Myes puts a kill order in on Player X
    Player X surivives; Dean dies; Michael Myres dies

Scenario 3: Demons put a kill order in on Player X
    Player X surivives; Dean dies; Lucifer dies if he's not already dead, otherwise no Demon dies

Scenario 4: Vampires put a convert order in on Player X
    Player X doesn't die and doesn't get converted in a Vampire; Dean survives; all Vampires survive

Scenario 5: Demons puts a shapeshift order in on Player X
    Player X doesn't die and doesn't shapeshift in to a demon; Dean survives; all Demons survive.

Would all that be about right??

What if two or more groups of baddies put in a kill order on Player X? Player X survives; Dean dies; but would each of the baddie teams have one of their members die too?

Jesus that made my head spin! Well worked through QB.

The Witch of Salem
    If slaughtered the witch can return from the grave when the next lynch takes place, with the special role (if any) the lynched player had at the time. The witch learns their new identity, however unless the village is informed by the priest/seer, their role remains a mystery to the villagers.

This only happens if slaughtered (by the baddies), not of lynched?? I presume the Witch won't get access to the Dead Room while waiting that night's lynch result, as they'd get valuable information from there.
    Beetlejuice: A player with the Beetlejuice role can continue to post in a game thread for two full phases after their death

Anyone can have the Beetlejuice role.

Please define "phase"? Is that one Day Time + one Night Time (or vice versa depending on whether they're munched or lynched).

Also, any chance the pictures in the OP could be reduced in size, specifically the pumpkin one and the Dracula one, as it makes the page very wide, I have to keep scrolling across the screen to read the instructions.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Barney92 wrote:
    Right well this will take a bit of a while to understand I reckon, but at least there are no tasks. At least that's my understanding.

I think that puts us at a disadvantage, at least tasks gave us something concrete to look for

Xaracatz wrote: »
    This isn't the friendly village from round 1! Anybody cutting hay / pumpkins?

Anyway, the seer role is diminished a lot this time, 'cause three roles will be revealed incorrectly. And then people's roles may change if they get converted. The hero will die if he protects a victim. The Shining will learn tonight who the seer is.

Do we start off with one demon and one vampire and they have to convert, or is there a demon and vampire team already?

Agree, seer role is almost useless.

We start off with five baddies: 3 demons, 1 vampire, one Michael Myers.

Are the apprentice roles, roles or do they need to be trained in?

• Advertisement

So 25 players to start.
    5 baddies
    9 roled players
    10 simple villagers
    1 who thinks they're a simple villager but is actually a lunatic

Beetlejuice can be any of the above.

Also, any chance the pictures in the OP could be reduced in size, specifically the pumpkin one and the Dracula one, as it makes the page very wide, I have to keep scrolling across the screen to read the instructions.

Might be helpful..

1. The Exorcist (the priest) (and junior) – The exorcist learns the role of the dead.

2. Donnie Darko (the seer) (and junior)– On each turn the seer may ask a player's role, however Dracula and Lucifer do not show as evil to the seer.

3. The Shining – On the first night this person will know who the seer is, however they do not learn the identity of the apprentice seer. The seer does not learn the identity of The Shining, unless of course The Shining is a seer pick.

4. The Witch of Salem – If slaughtered the witch can return from the grave when the next lynch takes place, with the special role (if any) the lynched player had at the time. The witch learns their new identity, however unless the village is informed by the priest/seer, their role remains a mystery to the villagers.

5. Van Helsing - Has the ability to track a person every second night, if they
    track a vampire, Van Helsing will track the vampire back to its lair and wipe out the entire vampire colony, but at a cost to his or her own life.

6. Dean Winchester - Dean is the hero. The hero can choose one person to protect at night, but instead of the victim dying, the hero and the attacker both die. The hero can also protect against vampire conversion or demon shapeshifting and survive. If hero protects attack from demon team, Lucifer will die if he is not already dead.

7. Sam Winchester - You are a villager, but you appear falsely to be evil to the Seers, if Sam is lynched Dean will also die. Sam and Dean can communicate with each other. Sam is the only player that has the choice to work for evil or good if converted or shapeshifted.

8. Beetlejuice – A player with the Beetlejuice role can continue to post in a game thread for two full phases after their death

Bad

1. Carrie - If the Carrie is lynched they lose control and kill one person before being lynched.

Demon Team

2. Lucifer - Lucifer is a demon and the Seer sees them as a not evil. Each night, the demon team kill somebody.

3. The Thing - The Thing has to ability to sacrifice themselves to shapeshift into any player to become a part of the Demon team, but only during the night phase. This shapeshift can be blocked by hero(Dean). If The Thing tries to shapeshift into a vampire it will fail and reveal their identity to the vampires.

Vampire Team

4. Dracula - Every night Dracula can choose to kill or convert someone. Dracula is not seen as evil to the seer. Dracula has a one time seer check at his disposal. Converted players keep any special roles as they had before becoming vampires. If the vampires try to convert a demon it will fail and the demons will learn one vampire identity. If vampire tries to convert Van Hesling, all vampires die along with Van Hesling.
    Lone team

5. Michael Myers - The serial killer is a lone player, on their own team. As the serial killer, you can kill anyone every second night. Michaels first kill will occur on night two. If converted by vampire or shapeshifted into by a demon , the vampire or demon team will have 2 kills for the following night.

6. Lunatic – You are a villager until the third night, when you come to your senses and remember your real role, which will be revealed to you by the mod via PM.

Win Conditions
    The villagers win if they wipe out the three evil teams. Each of the evil teams win if they wipe out the other evil teams and reach parity with the villagers.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

When do we have to have our first vote in by?

I think that puts us at a disadvantage, at least tasks gave us something concrete to look for

Ah no just look for the villager with the big sharp teeth. If that fails the one with cloven hooves and horns should be next on the list.

Then you just have to try to figure from the rules what to do at that point.

Gaming by IKEA ! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Nopeare

I am really lost

• Registered Users Posts: 16,583 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

25 players.

3 demons…carrie, Lucifer, The thing
    1 vampire…Dracula
    1 michael myers
    1 lunatic…villager until 3rd night then converts to different role
    19 villagers including exorcist, apprentice exorcist, Donnie darko, donnie junior, shining, witch, van helsing, dean and sam.

1 bettlejuice.

[*] Game starts with a vampire slaughter to be revealed at 10am tomorrow morning.
    There will be a competition for the first kill. If the demons win, they get the kill. If Dracula wins the vamps get a kill OR convert. If the demons win, Dracula still has the convert option.

Sorry, is there a contradiction in these two posts? Can you clarify - what will happen overnight with regard to killings / conversions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Stoogie

What sort of role is the lunatic could they be the seer or priest or a demon even?

Stoogie wrote: »
    What sort of role is the lunatic could they be the seer or priest or a demon even?

And will we find out what the new role is?

I'd think not a seer or priest, as they'd be missing out on "gos" if they were either. Could even be some new role. I'm guessing it's a bad one, but I'm suspicious of this round! :pac:

• Advertisement

Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, BEETLEJUICE !

Candyman...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Stoogie

If I'm the lunatic do I know I'm the lunatic or do I think I'm a vanillager and then I get told I'm a baddy or van heilsing?

Regarding the lunatic, in post 32 (sorry, I don't know how to quote within a quote), Sully said: "Time will tell :)" so I guess there's a surprise in store for us, and the lunatic, when the time comes for the reveal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

If I'm the lunatic do I know I'm the lunatic or do I think I'm a vanillager and then I get told I'm a baddy or van heilsing?

i bet its jaylops plan that i'm the lunatic and i dont even know
    like when he said i was killed when i wasnt

Regarding the lunatic, in post 32 (sorry, I don't know how to quote within a quote), Sully said: "Time will tell :)" so I guess there's a surprise in store for us, and the lunatic, when the time comes for the reveal.

they are taking the piss out of me i'll bet anything

Tigger wrote: »

Sure you're not a lunatic. You're just hopping mad.

Tigger wrote: »

Like all roles, it ought to be assigned randomly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,589 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Oh god guys, sooooo confused. I think I'm gonna have to continue my strategy from the last game and make lists to try sort out everything in my head. I <3 Lists. :)

So:
    25 Players
    9 Roled Villagers
    11/10 Non Roled Villagers
    3 Demons
    1 Vampire
    1 Serial Killer

I'm bad at statistics but that looks alright from our point of view. 19/20 Villagers against 5/6 bad guys. We NEED to get Dracula asap. I assume with a seer role we won't get to find out the role of the lynched/munched person?

• Advertisement

Like all roles, it ought to be assigned randomly.

its jaylop and andy i can see them thinking that the roll i have is random but i'm also the lunatic
    i suppose i deserve whatever i get thyis game and then i'll get my clean slate

btw people if im annoying you then plesse pm sully and she will tell me
    i'll ignore anythiong you say in thread as part of the game is that ok?

Advertisement