Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf IV - All Hallows' Eve - GAME OVER - Villagers Win

Options
1565758596062»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭andy125

So 4 games in and the wolves only won once. Lol sample size and all that but are the games set up too hard for the wolves to win?

Last game the bad guys had more power than previous games, but the villagers are very good here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Two evil teams actually goes against the evils I think which seems counter intuitive but it appears to be true.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,437 ✭✭✭tritium

So 4 games in and the wolves only won once. Lol sample size and all that but are the games set up too hard for the wolves to win?
    Was wondering this too. I would say though that the games have been tight in the sense that they've all bar ww1 gone close to the wire, with mod tweaks in game as needed. Statistically i think that the size of wolf packs is about right at approx square root of number of players. But that assumes random choices and as players get more experienced it may favour villagers more. Its also hard to know how different role options change the balance, maybe Jayop (or anyone else) could give some insight as to how they typically balance roles.

Now having said all that ive always been a villager and that one win for team wolf still hurts :)

There's a formula out there for balancing games going by standard characters. I can't remember exactly what it is but it works out something like a vanillager is worth 1 point, a seer is worth 3 points, a wolf is worth 5 points etc so you try to get them all balanced out like that. Personally I go with my gut and what I think will be a fun game is more important than balancing.

TBF, from the 4 games we've played it's 3/1 to the village, but one of those games had Tigger blowing up the evil team in the first few turns so it's probably been pretty well balanced here in every game. Ideally when we have 20 odd games the win results should be close to 50/50 with maybe 1 serial killer win.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

The lunatic idea is great. It's not a predefined role, so can be used for balancing a game mid-way through.

• Advertisement

I'm not a big fan of trying to balance games midgame by a mod for anything other than fixing imbalance caused by modkills. If one side is getting their arse kicked in the normal run of a game then tough luck to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Jayop wrote: »
    Two evil teams actually goes against the evils I think which seems counter intuitive but it appears to be true.

so, your saying we need some sort of rogues gallery?

I think the problem with the wolf teams is one person who keeps being on them when they lose.... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭andy125

Allowing the evil teams to send anonymous messages to each other could work also

andy125 wrote: »
    Allowing the evil teams to send anonymous messages to each other could work also

I've an idea for that too.

• Advertisement

Jayop wrote: »
    I think the problem with the wolf teams is one person who keeps being on them when they lose.... :D

I do believe i was a good wolf when the village won :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Jayop wrote:
    TBF, from the 4 games we've played it's 3/1 to the village, but one of those games had Tigger blowing up the evil team in the first few turns so it's probably been pretty well balanced here in every game. Ideally when we have 20 odd games the win results should be close to 50/50 with maybe 1 serial killer win.

Also game III came down to the wire, with the last lynch literally coming to 50/50 chance of village or Lannister win. Could very easily have gone the other way.

Very true!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

I reckon they've been weighted just fine so far. If I'd convinced one more person to vote with me in the third game the baddies would have won. I think if the good side win each of the next couple then maybe we could look at altering it.

Barney92 wrote: »
    I reckon they've been weighted just fine so far. If I'd convinced one more person to vote with me in the third game the baddies would have won. I think if the good side win each of the next couple then maybe we could look at altering it.

nearly dude, very nearly succeeded.

Advertisement