Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf IV - All Hallows' Eve - GAME OVER - Villagers Win

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

It's all causing confusion (tis my first game). I see different strategies are coming to the fore already though, so just trying to understand it all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

I somewhat agree with the low poster thing. It's not necessarily going to lead to us finding people but it'll force people (myself included) to become more involved and post more. That should help us in ascertaining if anyone has a role, or maybe lead to someone slipping up along the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

On the plus side... No tasks, so No freaking out about different coloured text or spelling mistakes....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

Uriel. wrote: »
    On the plus side... No tasks, so No freaking out about different coloured text or spelling mistakes....

That's what I said earlier. As others have said it might make it harder for us with fewer things to look for, but on the plus side there won't be a huge amount of analysis on people's names being spelled incorrectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,437 ✭✭✭tritium

I think the low poster approach probably only begins to be useful after a turn or so have passed but equally I can't think of any better way at this stage of the game. At least if we follow the suggested approach of giving people a few hours first before making the list of low posters we might have something to work with from people who want to stay in the game

• Advertisement

tritium wrote: »
    I think the low poster approach probably only begins to be useful after a turn or so have passed but equally I can't think of any better way at this stage of the game. At least if we follow the suggested approach of giving people a few hours first before making the list of low posters we might have something to work with from people who want to stay in the game

The only thing about the low poster count strategy is that it forces people into posting which is better for the village generally as it least gives us something to review etc. And creates more opportunities for the bad guys to give something away

Edit.. As barney said

The only thing about the low poster count strategy is that it forces people into posting which is better for the village generally as it least gives us something to review etc. And creates more opportunities for the bad guys to give something away

Oh agree with that Uriel, kind of where I was going with the last sentence of the post

Look I think we can all agree that someone needs to die and someone needs to die quickly for whatever reason ye like im not too pushed. Otherwise this nice peacefull place could desecnd into anarchy..

Look I think we can all agree that someone needs to die and someone needs to die quickly for whatever reason ye like im not too pushed. Otherwise this nice peacefull place could desecnd into anarchy..

Are you sacrificing yourself?

• Advertisement

Are you sacrificing yourself?

Na just want to kill some demons/vampires or mike myerss.. Ive an itchy lynching finger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Is Shatterproof in this game? He is usually useful for this kind of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

I wish my real life wake up time was aligned with village wake up time :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

Has the lunatic role been assigned yet or will it be decided on turn 3? Could we end up lynching someone today who is villager but also takes the lunatic role out of the game?

Chagan wrote:
    Has the lunatic role been assigned yet or will it be decided on turn 3? Could we end up lynching someone today who is villager but also takes the lunatic role out of the game?

I'd say it'll stay, I imagine the mods will pick from the pool of us that are left on day 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,589 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Good morning folks, Starting off today nice and early with a good list. Who doesn't love a good list? Posting so far:

User Name: Posts
    Tigger: 42
    quickbeam: 17
    crosstownk: 11
    dottie_lottie: 11
    MicksJaguar: 11
    Mollyb60: 11
    tritium: 11
    Nopeare: 9
    Xaracatz: 9
    Stoogie: 8
    cee_jay: 6
    MrsFlushdraw: 6
    The_Valeyard: 6
    y0ssar1an22: 6
    Digital Solitude: 5
    mahamageehad: 5
    Uriel.: 5
    Barney92: 3
    Chagan: 2
    Maximus Alexander: 2
    partyjungle: 1
    The_Dazzler: 1

So we have 3 posters who haven't contributed so far: A Neurotic, gufc21 and Shane.
    2 posters with only 1 post and quite a few mid table posters who may just be trying to keep their post count up so as to not look too suspicious (especially when people are already starting to round on the lower posters).
    I always feel sorry for the people killed by the wolves first and lynched first because it's so early in the game. But someone has to go and with no further info to go on low posters are really our best strategy. So we'll see how today goes for neuro, gufc and shane but I'd be happy enough racing these to get the ball rolling.

Good morning village. Its a bleak one out there. Im spending the morning putting some new items in the bargain bin of the store (my last sale ended abruptly so this one is bigger than ever to shift the old stock). Great prices on Holy water and garlic. Just in we also have best quality pinewood stakes. We're also expecting a big delivery of holy relics any day now......

Mollyb60 wrote:
    User Name: Posts Tigger: 42 quickbeam: 17 crosstownk: 11 dottie_lottie: 11 MicksJaguar: 11 Mollyb60: 11 tritium: 11 Nopeare: 9 Xaracatz: 9 Stoogie: 8 cee_jay: 6 MrsFlushdraw: 6 The_Valeyard: 6 y0ssar1an22: 6 Digital Solitude: 5 mahamageehad: 5 Uriel.: 5 Barney92: 3 Chagan: 2 Maximus Alexander: 2 partyjungle: 1 The_Dazzler: 1

Tigger 42!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

Morning all! I'm sitting at a bus stop in the middle of nowhere because my connecting bus was just cancelled for no reason. Fab. What time is the morning results, 9am or 10am?

Tigger 42!!!

Tigger likes talking. He should basically be discounted when looking at post counts for the game. :pac:

AFAIK the munch is at 10am same as last games. I think it's only the lynch is changed to 9pm.

• Advertisement

Mollyb60 wrote:
    Tigger likes talking. He should basically be discounted when looking at post counts for the game.

Hellava tactic, cant be accused of posting too little, and posting so much it might hidehide truckload of clues!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

Morning everyone, hope to read over the first load of pages again to see if I understand the game a bit better with fresh eyes.

Prob not but will give it a go :D

Hellava tactic, cant be accused of posting too little, and posting so much it might hidehide truckload of clues!!

If Tigger is a demon or, god forbid, Dracula or Mike Myers, then we might as well pack up and go home. We haven't a hope of beating him or finding any clues to his identity in his posts.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Targeting low poster counts is a good idea in theory. But I remember what Nopeare said in relation to his baddie role in WW2, which was that he posted enough not to be in the bottom few, but his posts were jokes and memes mostly, so completely useless as far as analysis goes. So just remember guys, volume is important but post quality should also be taken in to account.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

Yeah, Persepoly said something similar, mainly fluff posts that didn't contribute anything. I think low posts are a great way to go, even though a lot of people are against it, just to force people to talk more. In the last game I didn't really get a read of a few of the players as they didn't post enough.

If three people have yet to contribute to the thread, and then miss voting as well, does that mean they will be eliminated anyway?
    Would we be better just focusing on those who have just 1 or 2 posts?

cee_jay wrote: »
    If three people have yet to contribute to the thread, and then miss voting as well, does that mean they will be eliminated anyway?
    Would we be better just focusing on those who have just 1 or 2 posts?

Id guess that would be where someone would look to hide alright. Basically try to be seen but only just. I dont think id leave zero posters too long though, basically if someone is just doing enough to stay in the game i reckon theyre fair game to lynch as either a talented baddie or a useless villager

cee_jay wrote:
    If three people have yet to contribute to the thread, and then miss voting as well, does that mean they will be eliminated anyway? Would we be better just focusing on those who have just 1 or 2 posts?

If you miss 1 vote, its kind of suspicious, if you miss 2 the mods kill you and replace you.

There really is nothing to go on fir the first lynch, so low posters are as good a target as any. Otherwise we're just randomly flinging accusations

tritium wrote: »
    Id guess that would be where someone would look to hide alright. Basically try to be seen but only just. I dont think id leave zero posters too long though, basically if someone is just doing enough to stay in the game i reckon theyre fair game to lynch as either a talented baddie or a useless villager

This is what I mean. For the first vote, I'd be more inclined to target those who try to be seen, but only just. Just to stay off the initial radar.

• Advertisement

quickbeam wrote: »
    Targeting low poster counts is a good idea in theory. But I remember what Nopeare said in relation to his baddie role in WW2, which was that he posted enough not to be in the bottom few, but his posts were jokes and memes mostly, so completely useless as far as analysis goes. So just remember guys, volume is important but post quality should also be taken in to account.
    Excellent point. Thats what screwed us in the second game, not enough info to go on for the last 2 wolves so we just turned on each other. We cannot afford to let people just coast through this game. We need everyone involved if we're gonna weed out the bad guys.

Advertisement