Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf IV - All Hallows' Eve - GAME OVER - Villagers Win

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

quickbeam wrote: »
    This only happens if slaughtered (by the baddies), not of lynched?? I presume the Witch won't get access to the Dead Room while waiting that night's lynch result, as they'd get valuable information from there.

Please define "phase"? Is that one Day Time + one Night Time (or vice versa depending on whether they're munched or lynched).

Also, any chance the pictures in the OP could be reduced in size, specifically the pumpkin one and the Dracula one, as it makes the page very wide, I have to keep scrolling across the screen to read the instructions.

Witch is in purgatory until the lynch.

Phase is one day and one night.

Will remove the images now.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Nopeare

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Nopeare wrote: »
    Are there 'team' chats like in other games? For the demons, Dracula and priest/apprentice?

If so from my reading Sam could be one of the most important as they get a choice to be good/bad... If they were converted they can get us a full team if they decide to be good

Could that actually happen? That would be amazing. Why would Sam ever choose to be bad unless he thinks there's no hope for the villager team.
    That's my interpretation of it, obviously would have to be Dracula or the thing to attack/convert but could be a huge moment if it did happen... On the other side need to be careful of false claims on the role as you could do one teams dirty work

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Just logged on haven't read thread yet. Read the rules.... Head exploded.

Regathered my thoughts and head.. Read rules again... Head explodes...

Time to lie down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Xaracatz

sullivlo wrote: »
    Witch is in purgatory until the lynch.

Phase is one day and one night.

The images are cool.

Thanks Sullivo for all your work on this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

:) we will leave that one in the past - but I find that astounding for how vocal you're usually you'd assume it'd draw attention
    Hopefully we are on the same page this time but I think we can't trust anyone too much in this game with the amount of abilities to actually switch sides.
    birds gotta fly bees gotta swim tiggers gotta tigger

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Chagan wrote: »
    Looks like I've picked a hell of a game to be my first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Stoogie

Tigger wrote: »
    birds gotta fly bees gotta swim tiggers gotta tigger

Lol. Who is the demon you've spotted then?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Just resize the images - they look cool!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Nopeare wrote:
    That's my interpretation of it, obviously would have to be Dracula or the thing to attack/convert but could be a huge moment if it did happen... On the other side need to be careful of false claims on the role as you could do one teams dirty work

On top of possible false claims, they'll show as evil to the seer, combining that with the fact that both the devil and drac don't show as evil, even when the seer comes forward (hopefully only once this time!) We still wont be sure where we are :(

Stoogie wrote: »
    Lol. Who is the demon you've spotted then?

He found Dracula

• Advertisement

crosstownk wrote:
    Just resize the images - they look cool!

They're a disaster on mobile, trying to read the op is torture!

They're a disaster on mobile, trying to read the op is torture!

No issues on mobile using the touch site on this end. Maybe best removed so if it's causing folks hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,437 ✭✭✭tritium

Are there 'team' chats like in other games? For the demons, Dracula and priest/apprentice?

If so from my reading Sam could be one of the most important as they get a choice to be good/bad... If they were converted they can get us a full team if they decide to be good

Thats actually a really good point. They also appear as evil to the seer while some bad guys dont so every seer peek is a bit random in how believable it is. Now i understand what Sullivlo meant by nothing is ehat it seems. Feck max might be on to something :(

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

crosstownk wrote: »
    No issues on mobile using the touch site on this end. Maybe best removed so if it's causing folks hassle.

^This. No issues on touch, however have removed links from OP and will resize in the morning.

tritium wrote: »

Thats actually a really good point. They also appear as evil to the seer while some bad guys dont so every seer peek is a bit random in how believable it is. Now i understand what Sullivlo meant by nothing is ehat it seems. Feck max might be on to something :(
    I missed the seer part, but that's a pain.

Aha! Trit's right, though I missed your point until he quoted you. That is a really good point. So much to read in that OP, I'd not taken in the full implications of Sam's role, but if the below means that he can take a sway of baddies over to the good side, then that would be great for the villagers. Maybe I'm naive, but I can't see why he wouldn't want to turn them good, if that's the team he started on, it's the team he'll feel most loyal to and would want to win.
    Sam Winchester
    You are a villager, but you appear falsely to be evil to the Seers, if Sam is lynched Dean will also die. Sam and Dean can communicate with each other. Sam is the only player that has the choice to work for evil or good if converted or shapeshifted.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,583 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

Aha! Trit's right, though I missed your point until he quoted you. That is a really good point. So much to read in that OP, I'd not taken in the full implications of Sam's role, but if the below means that he can take a sway of baddies over to the good side, then that would be great for the villagers. Maybe I'm naive, but I can't see why he wouldn't want to turn them good, if that's the team he started on, it's the team he'll feel most loyal to and would want to win.

my understanding is that he doesn't make them good, but id's them to the village for lynching?

if that's the team he started on, it's the team he'll feel most loyal to and would want to win.

But there's always the possibility of a turncoat.

So many possible outcomes.

If the seer manages to identify a vampire and Van Hesling then coming out could eradicate the vampires which would be a major step forward.

quickbeam wrote:

I think it means he gets the option to be a double agent, like he starts as a villager, gets targeted for converting and the either opts for good or bad then?

That's my understanding that he can choose either but if converted he can choose either side... Would the bad team know if it's him who they converted? Apart from if he/she told them

• Advertisement

Right, I've misunderstood Sam's role then. Will be interesting to see it play out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

Agree that the chance for the village seems small this time, but sure we've faced worse! :P

I reckon there's no real point in talking about who we'll lynch now. We're going to lose a member tonight, then we can properly start coming up with a strategy tomorrow. Either way, looking forward to getting into this game over the next few days!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Stoogie

Tig's point that if he brought up the low posters tomorrow then it is picking on someone but by doing it early it's not is valid. Personally I felt that in the game I played the low posters got an easy ride and racing them against each other seems a good idea.
    If people don't post how are we ment to get a idea of who or what they are?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,583 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

Stoogie wrote: »
    Tig's point that if he brought up the low posters tomorrow then it is picking on someone but by doing it early it's not is valid. Personally I felt that in the game I played the low posters got an easy ride and racing them against each other seems a good idea.
    If people don't post how are we ment to get a idea of who or what they are?

well it depends. i havent posted much today cos i'm hungover, not because i'm trying to go under the radar.

Stoogie wrote:
    Tig's point that if he brought up the low posters tomorrow then it is picking on someone but by doing it early it's not is valid. Personally I felt that in the game I played the low posters got an easy ride and racing them against each other seems a good idea. If people don't post how are we ment to get a idea of who or what they are?

So early on its kind of the only choice we have.
    I'm gonna be relying on someone to pull the list as despite the instructions on how to check poster numbers in the last game I cant figure it out

well it depends. i havent posted much today cos i'm hungover, not because i'm trying to go under the radar.

I was MIA a bit today too driving back to Dublin. Dont worry we've 23 hours to pull up our socks!

How about we post the list of lowest posters tomorrow at lunchtime and race from then, it will give people with rl commitments a chance to post before that. Ideally then we can have a consensus early on, and avoid the blundering sh1t shows that were so common in Westeros

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

What is Westeros?

There are so many roles in this game that a lot of people may try to hide - both good and bad roles.

It's also got a fair few new roles so people may need time to get their head around how to approach the game. This may result in initial low posting.

Some players haven't posted yet but it's Sunday night and people may have other stuff to on.

IMO, targeting low posters is an easy and often incorrect strategy. However, usually there is no alternative strategy. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

That said, I see no harm in focussing on low posters in an effort to encouraging them to post more.

• Advertisement

cee_jay wrote:
    What is Westeros?

Sorry, last game was game of thrones themed, disagreements over how to decide who to lynch were very common.
    I shouldn't have mentioned it as it may cause confusion.

Advertisement