Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf IV - All Hallows' Eve - GAME OVER - Villagers Win

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

So, before I even delve into trying to understand all the rules, let's focus on the first kills.

So presumably we can potentially lose 2 people tonight.
    The Demons kill 1 and the vampires kill (or convert) 1.
    What happens if they target the same person and the demons want to kill but the vampires want to convert? What incentive is there for the vampires to kill someone, surely it makes more sense to keep converting and infest the village?

There will be a competition for the first kill. If the demons win, they get the kill. If Dracula wins the vamps get a kill OR convert. If the demons win, Dracula still has the convert option.

On the apprentices, do they know who the other is? I.e. does the apprentice priest know who the priest is?

Nope, all secret

I don't get the shapeshifting thing, is that also like converting them?

Its like a conversion yes, but it can be blocked as outlined above

On the lunatic, when they remember their role, will it be one of the roles already outlined in the OP or will it be a different role?

Time will tell ;)

On the witch, if murdered she comes back after the next lynch. Presumably that's only if she's murdered by demons/vampires and not if she's lynched? Also, let's just say the witch is killed, then I'm lynched (simple villager). She rejoins the game (as a simple villager) but obviously as she has rejoined everyone knows she's a witch right?

The witch takes on the new role when she rejoins. If a villager is lynched, she becomes a villager. She knows her own role. Her old role doesn't matter.

I probably have 400 more questions but that's what jumped out at me first!

Hope this helps

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

Tigger wrote: »
    i'll explain it to you , whaats your role?

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

everyone knows she was the witch she becomes a confir med villager
    thing is confirmed villagers are normally awesome aas tyou can trust them but in this game drac will just convert them safe knowing they are not Van heilsing and the village will thing they are innocent
    so the more innocent we think someone is the more likley they are a vamp

this is awesome

Hmm but we won't know if the witch is a villager because we won't have known what the lynched player was. Actually, presumably we won't be lynching someone who's a confirmed villager. Only the witch and the priest and the dead player would know that role.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

voting history counts for little in this game

cos peple change i could be voting as a villager for three ldays and then on day 4 bang im a drackling

however id'ng the vamps a a voting block is pretty cool cos van heilsing canm track any one of them and kill all the vamps

Hmm but we won't know if the witch is a villager because we won't have known what the lynched player was. Actually, presumably we won't be lynching someone who's a confirmed villager. Only the witch and the priest and the dead player would know that role.

if we lynch the witch we will notice she isnt dead

• Advertisement

she gets slaughtered then comes back so how do we know know she was the withc

I'm highly suspicious of anyone who has read the rules and of anyone with a post count in double digits

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

sullivlo wrote: »
    Hope this helps

Yes it helps thanks! So the demons have a shapeshifting conversion plus a kill every night?

morning
    boring story that amounts to hTigger was slaughtered
    at lynch time
    tigger comes back
    so qed tigger was the witch an dis now a confirmed villy

then that noght drac turns tigger into drackling as he is safe

Yes it helps thanks! So the demons have a shapeshifting conversion plus a kill every night?

once the shapeshifter shifts hes dead
    so no

• Advertisement

I'm highly suspicious of anyone who has read the rules and of anyone with a post count in double digits

ah will you give over
    if i wasn't posting you'd be highly suspiciouss of me because i normally post lost and now i'm posting littlke

so if we are luck enought to lynch drac does the which become him?

ah will you give over
    if i wasn't posting you'd be highly suspiciouss of me because i normally post lost and now i'm posting littlke

Im only messing with you standard practice by me on Day 1, its ok now you have a free 2 hours from me but I'll be back :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

No chance of Tigger being lynched tonight because of low post count :D

thas not why i think we should race the low post i think ter is too mubch scope to hide and i said it early to avoid it meaning anyone cos at thaty point most people hadn't even posted yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Stoogie

thas not why i think we should race the low post i think ter is too mubch scope to hide and i said it early to avoid it meaning anyone cos at thaty point most people hadn't even posted yet

Handy side effect tho ;)

I think there has been some kind of mistake. The Mod PM'd me telling me I'm the nightking?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Wow! Is there a dummies guide?!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I think there has been some kind of mistake. The Mod PM'd me telling me I'm the nightking?

Good evening, Mr Meyers. :p

• Advertisement

And it's on!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

All sounds simple enough really

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 16,435 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

will take a while to figure this out

So, as we stand at the moment there are only 5 baddies, right? - 3 demons, 1 vampire and Michael Myres? The vampire "team" consists of only one but will grow with each conversion?

So are there three groups that get to chat away from Boards:
    Demons
    Dracula on his own but anybody he converts will join him there
    Winchesters?

Finally (for now), Seer picks a player to peak and is told they're a villager. Next morning they get converted. Seer still thinks that player is a confirmed goodie. If and when they chose to reveal what they know everything could have changed by then anyway, right?

he said light king
    ie lucy

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

quickbeam wrote: »
    So, as we stand at the moment there are only 5 baddies, right? - 3 demons, 1 vampire and Michael Myres? The vampire "team" consists of only one but will grow with each conversion?

Demons
    Winchesters?

Finally (for now), Seer picks a player to peak and is told they're a villager. Next morning they get converted. Seer still thinks that player is a confirmed goodie. If and when they chose to reveal what they know everything could have changed by then anyway, right?

Yep. Head melting stuff.

quickbeam wrote: »

Demons
    Winchesters?

yeaah thats the killer
    dracklings and if the seer comes out drac can turn them into a drackling lol
    its had as a box of Tiggers

Another one: vampires choose to kill OR convert during night-play, so their order to the mods, would need to be clear which action they want when chosing a player.

But the following morning, what will the rest of us be told? If they chose to kill, I presume it'll be "The Vampires killed XXXX". But if they chose to convert, will we be just told "Somebody has been converted"

I'm not understanding the shapeshifter role at all yet. Need to read back a few more times. I'll be back, no doubt, with more questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Shapeshifter dies to bring another player to the demon team

• Advertisement

Shapeshifter dies to bring another player to the demon team

So, it can only happen once?

And what's the point, one dies, but one joins, net figure remains?

Would it be useful to the demon team, only if the player they chose is a seer or priest or something?

Advertisement