Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2018 Ryder Cup

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Jaysus this is cringe

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

At least it's not David Gueta I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

• Registered Users Posts: 21,220 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Good pairings, 2.5-1.5 Europe is my prediction

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Few curve balls thrown in there from Bjorn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Is that a fairly inexperienced European starting line-up?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

Mushy wrote: »

Exact same as I thought. Fancy Europe to win match 1 and the tie to be match 4

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Some very odd pairings there

• Registered Users Posts: 17,792 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Surprised with Frankie starting and postman kept in reserve.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Surprised with Frankie starting and postman kept in reserve.

You surprised Europe are playing their only current major champion??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,220 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Iang87 wrote: »
    Mushy wrote: »

Exact same as I thought. Fancy Europe to win match 1 and the tie to be match 4

I think mcillroy game be the halved one, casey/Hatton will lose. Very tough game for them

• Registered Users Posts: 7,661 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Some tough games to call there, reckon Europe's best chances are games 1 and 2. Fancy the US in 3 and 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,861 ✭✭✭Russman

I almost think Europe will be lucky to be nil after this session, jaysus that’s a strong US lineup. If Rory gets hot he might be able to see off DJ & Rickie. Might scrape a half out of match 1 I suppose. Grasping at straws a little. Fingers, toes and everything crossed !!

You surprised Europe are playing their only current major champion??

Thought they would have kept him in reserve for the foursomes.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

I fancy rose and rahm for a point

• Registered Users Posts: 27,123 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

I only see us winning the first one, 3:1 USA for me.

GreeBo wrote: »
    I only see us winning the first one, 3:1 USA for me.

Yeah Europe really up against it but I think they'll fare better in the foursomes.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

If tiger isnt firing on all Cylinders i could see us winning the last one aswell, its possible of a comedown after grinding it out last weekend

Rory has drawn the short straw, tough ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Wouldn't have seen those pairings myself but hope it works out for Bjorn. If we could get out of the morning session 2.5-1.5 down then it wouldn't be terrible. Surprised to see Poulter not featuring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭TCM

Friday morning's pairings dose'nt engender me with great hope for Europe.

I’d imagine the reason Olesen and Hatton are playing in the morning is that it will be easier for them starting off in fourball rather than foursomes in the afternoon. Think Bjorn is trying to get everyone a game on the first day.

Roll on tomorrow. Hopefully get a decent spot near the first tee as don’t have stand tickets. Crowds today were very big already

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

My prediction for the first session is Europe 1.5, USA 2.5 with Rose and Rahm winning their match and Fleetwood and Molinari halving theirs.

My prediction for the first session is Europe 1.5, USA 2.5 with Rose and Rahm winning their match and Fleetwood and Molinari halving theirs.

Most realistic scenario it must be said, understand the logic of sending out two or three weaker players in the fourballs but overlooking a talisman in Poulter is flawed.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Interesting morning ahead, that's for sure

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Benicetomonty

Most realistic scenario it must be said, understand the logic of sending out two or three weaker players in the fourballs but overlooking a talisman in Poulter is flawed.

Only a talisman if he wins. He lost with Gallagher first out in 2014 in fourballs and that affected him I think. Poulter can be great in the Ryder Cup but his day to day game is steady, not explosive. Hes driving it great and is seriously good from 100 yards in- perfect for foursomes. And hel be rarin to go having sat out the morning. I think its a good call.

Didnt call a single Euro pairing but Im optimistic. Would worry about the last match but feel like the rest are very winnable.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Only a talisman if he wins. He lost with Gallagher first out in 2014 in fourballs and that affected him I think. Poulter can be great in the Ryder Cup but his day to day game is steady, not explosive. Hes driving it great and is seriously good from 100 yards in- perfect for foursomes. And hel be rarin to go having sat out the morning. I think its a good call.

Didnt call a single Euro pairing but Im optimistic. Would worry about the last match but feel like the rest are very winnable.

The last match is intriguing. Frankie will just find fairways and greens all day. Tommy is a beautiful ball striker on the other side Woods is Woods and Captain America could be either on fire or off the boil.

I think 2-2 will be the outcome of the fourballs

Very attacking outfit from the US, I wonder will they play all 12 tomorrow, wouldn't have thought foursomes on this course would be suited to Phil Bryson and Bubba.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

To me it seems very risky playing 4 rookies on the first day. It could hand the initiate to the U.S. Team. Hopefully I'm wrong but I can see them being 3 - 1 ahead after four matches.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Thought for sure that Sergio would feature in the fourballs, rather than the foursomes

Advertisement