Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hijab wearing muslim "attacked" on street

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

lawlolawl wrote: »
    That's not the point and you know that.

Muslim women wear a burka/hijab for a reason. There are certain parts of a woman that they consider taboo to be exposed to public view, much like (buh-buh-wha?!?!) a pair of exposed tits is in western culture. It isn't on you or any other internet hardman mouthbreather to start pulling at the thing covering them because you don't think them exposing their face/hair isn't something sexual/taboo to you.

Leave them alone. Their beliefs and dresscode has nothing to do with me,you or anyone beyond any authorities that might want to identify them.

I have lived in the ME thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,986 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

How is it more newsworthy than a sexual assault or a serious physical assault?

First off I didn't say it was. Second off it could be as bad as a sexual assault to this victim. You don't seem to have any idea what showing her head to another man can mean to a Muslim lady

• Registered Users Posts: 12,802 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Ordinary peaceful Muslims will now become targets for hate on account of the nut jobs.

Unfortunately these attacks will become more commonplace.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭anewme

And no one else in London was shocked or distressed that particularly day by the actions of someone else?

What's that got to do with the price of fish?

We are talking about THIS PARTICULAR INCIDENT.

Your reasoning and justification of this incident is very strange.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Again, what's your point?

• Advertisement

She can enter the mosque without it ?

You're deliberately avoiding the question. The thread is not about Islam, or the rules of it.
    Do you think that strangers have the right to take clothes off ANYONE in the street?

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    First off I didn't say it was. Second off it could be as bad as a sexual assault to this victim. You don't seem to have any idea what showing her head to another man can mean to a Muslim lady

Mind readers now ? I know fully what they are taught to think by the lads in the pointy hats shame.

bubblypop wrote: »
    You're deliberately avoiding the question. The thread is not about Islam, or the rules of it.
    Do you think that strangers have the right to take clothes off ANYONE in the street?

Prey tell where I have said that ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

I have lived in the ME thanks.

And that has what to do with my post?

And no one else in London was shocked or distressed that particularly day by the actions of someone else?

What have you against Muslims? Why is this hate crime not important enough to be on the news? Just because it's not important to you doesn't mean it's not important

• Advertisement

Prey tell where I have said that ?

I didn't say you did, I asked you a question

I find it very hard to believe people can't get the basic jist of why this is a crime.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 179 ✭✭Arthur.beaker

anewme wrote: »
    What's that got to do with the price of fish?

We are talking about THIS PARTICULAR INCIDENT.

Your reasoning and justification of this incident is very strange.

Why, because i can't understand WHY it has been deemed newsworthy? Why do you think that it is newsworthy?

Of course it shouldn't have happened but it is not news and is not comparable to someone having their clothes ripped off, no matter how posters on here attempt to spin it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Newsworthy because "islamaphobia".

anewme wrote: »
    I find it very hard to believe people can't get the basic jist of why this is a crime.

Who has said it wasn't a crime?

Mind readers now ?

No but you could try educate yourself on Muslim beliefs before making comments. Just a thought

Again, what's your point?

Why is it a hate crime off the bat with no motivation ?

Why, because i can't understand WHY it has been deemed newsworthy? Why do you think that it is newsworthy?

Of course it shouldn't have happened but it is not news and is not comparable to someone having their clothes ripped off, no matter how posters on here attempt to spin it.

I don't believe what was asked in the leaving cert higher level English paper is in anyway newsworthy, but yet every year I have to watch rte interviewing teenagers about their exam!
    I tend not to read articles, or watch pieces on the news about it. You know, cos I'm not interested.
    Maybe you could do that?

Ive already said I believe they are trying to highlight the type of bull**** that goes on ahead of national hate crime week.

The problem isn't that it was reported, or newsworthy.

The problem is that it happened at all.

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    No but you could try educate yourself on Muslim beliefs before making comments. Just a thought

I know quite a lot thanks having lived in the ME watching women covered up walking behind their husbands. Sitting in the back of the car. Nowhere in the book says a woman has to wear any of these items. It was brought in a subjugation plain and simple.

• Advertisement

I don't believe what was asked in the leaving cert higher level English paper is in anyway newsworthy, but yet every year I have to watch rte interviewing teenagers about their exam!
    I tend not to read articles, or watch pieces on the news about it. You know, cos I'm not interested.
    Maybe you could do that?

Thanks for the advice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

I'm an atheist who finds all religions to be utterly silly and i'm still despairing at utter idiocy of some people in this thread who don't seem to realize how messed up this incident was.

Please leave Islamic women alone and don't interfere with their traditional clothing. In fact, just leave all women alone and don't interfere with their clothing.

Unless they want you to.

Why is it a hate crime off the bat with no motivation ?

Where did I say it was a hate crime?

No one want so seem to grab the nettle of men not having to wear it. Speaks volumes.

Where did I say it was a hate crime?

The article did. then I linked to your comment about religion and clothes.

Newsworthy because "islamaphobia".

Alleged. The perpetrator(s) haven't been caught, he didn't speak so the motivation behind the incident is currently unconfirmed.

No one want so seem to grab the nettle of men not having to wear it. Speaks volumes.

Maybe you should start a thread on that?

Islam not big on misandry maybe?

The article did.

So? What relevance does that have to me or my posts? This thread is about whether this incident should be considered an assault or not. I have asserted that it should. Because it was. I don't give a shît what the article says about religion.

• Advertisement

Maybe you should start a thread on that?

Why the entire thread is a hypothetical as no one has been caught charged and we don't even know the motivation.

Advertisement