Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hijab wearing muslim "attacked" on street

Options
  • 09-10-2016 6:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-37600532

Was expecting to read about an assault but it's a story about two guys who come from behind and pull down a girls hijab on a street in London.

Should this really be considered as an attack? Should pranking school kids be charged when they pull a friends sports shorts down too?

IMO it's more privilege for these muslims, who shouldn't be wearing hijab here in the first place.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

I don't think they should be charged.....just why like

But I do think people should be allowed wear what they want.....except kk jerseys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Is wedgies an attack? They should be!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

How would you define an attack other than this? Amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

I must have been constantly attacked growing up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Post Brexit England, what a lovely place to live in.

On the plus side, the other day on Amazon I got £530 worth of stuff plus deliver for €600.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Is wedgies an attack? They should be!

Avoid secondary schools in waterford so.....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,902 ✭✭✭✭anewme

If someone came up behind a person and yanked down their trousers or lifted someone's skirt, I'd expect it to be taken seriously. This is no different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

If someone pulls an article of clothing off of my body against my will, it's an assault.

Just because it's a hijab, doesn't change what they did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭Ted111

If someone tried to pull an article of clothing off me Hi Jab em in the face.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

The victim was not injured but shocked and distressed, the Met said.

Have to feel sorry for her, imagine those brutes seeing her hair and neck! The shame...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

If some pulled an article of clothing off of my body against my will, it's an assault.

Just because it's a hijab, doesn't change what they did.

Ha. Note to self don't knock pennys hat off her head she'll be triggered. And have me up on assault charges.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Pim Pictus

Have to feel sorry for her, imagine those brutes seeing her hair and neck! The shame...

You'd be distressed if two lads nicked the hat off your head as well. It's not a normal thing to do to a stranger.

Honest question, if someone reefed you mother/daughter/sister/wife's handbag or coat off her in the middle of the street in England for being a 'Paddy' would you be grand with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭PucaMama

how can pulling an item of clothing off someone in the street be seen as ok? have ye lost your minds??

Pim Pictus wrote: »
    You'd be distressed if two lads nicked the hat off your head as well. It's not a normal thing to do to a stranger.

I'm sorry but if someone took off my hat you can be damn sure it wouldn't be reported by the BBC as a "racially motivated attack" or as "an assault". It's absolutely beyond me that in 2016 that women are wearing a bloody postbox over their body to please the skygod.

PucaMama wrote: »
    how can pulling an item of clothing off someone in the street be seen as ok? have ye lost your minds??

Fucking Muzzie had it coming, her fault for being a Muzzie, rah rah rah...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Pim Pictus

I'm sorry but if someone took off my hat you can be damn sure it wouldn't be reported by the BBC as a "racially motivated attack" or as "an assault". It's absolutely beyond me that in 2016 that women are wearing a bloody postbox over their body to please the skygod.

I was addressing your apparent lack of empathy for the woman in question. no idea what you're on about now but go for it anyway sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭drdeadlift

Did anyone hear the story of the 19 year old girl stoned to death in saudi?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

Wait, so it's "more privilege" for a Muslim woman to have the sheer nerve to expect to be able to walk down the street without being accosted by two young morons and her clothing pulled away from her?

How dare she indeed. /eyeroll.

You know, I'd be pretty damn pissed off if two young idiots tried to pull any of my clothing off me either.

HoneyMonster - would you be annoyed if they ripped your shirt off then? Given breasts or, if you're male, your pants, cover parts of you that you don't show in public, maybe try thinking about it that way for just a moment. And either way, they had no right to snatch any of her clothing off her, whether or not you agree it's a sensible garb. It wasn't harming them, they were just dimwits.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭PucaMama

you know fine well the difference between your hat and what that woman was wearing dont play dumb to entertain your friends on here.

exactly what does a woman wearing what she wants do to you it has no impact on your life so but out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,902 ✭✭✭✭anewme

But it is racially motivated. It happened because she was a Muslim, pure and simple.

cowardly bullies....note it was done on a woman...they knew well who they were picking on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

Jan Laco wrote: »
    Should pranking school kids be charged when they pull a friends sports shorts down too?

"The first suspect is described as a white man, aged in his late 20s or early 30s"

"The second suspect is described as a man of Mediterranean appearance, aged in his late 20s or early 30s"

If the 'pranking school kids' are in their late 20s or early 30s, and their target is a lone woman going about her business, doing nothing whatsoever to harm them, then yes.

PucaMama wrote: »
    you know fine well the difference between your hat and what that woman was wearing dont play dumb to entertain your friends on here.

exactly what does a woman wearing what she wants do to you it has no impact on your life so but out.

Plus beyond the other obvious reason, a hat can be flicked off with a finger depending on the type it is.

I wonder how the same people grand with this would feel if it was their mother, sister, daughter or wife who had a handbag or coat ripped off them? Especially say if it were in England for being a Paddy?

anewme wrote: »
    But it is racially motivated. It happened because she was a Muslim, pure and simple.

cowardly bullies....note it was done on a woman...they knew well who they were picking on.

What are they gonna do, pull a hijab off a man?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 179 ✭✭Arthur.beaker

Pim Pictus wrote: »

Or took headphones off your head.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 179 ✭✭Arthur.beaker

Billy86 wrote: »
    Fucking Muzzie had it coming, her fault for being a Muzzie, rah rah rah...

What is a Muzzie? Not a term I have previously encountered.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

its an attack on her dignity and personal space.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

In this case, presumably sarcasm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

No doubt they shouldn't have pulled it off her, but is it a serious enough assault to be reported all over the UK and Ireland? For example, in 2014 my brother was assaulted and moved to Beaumont hospital with a fractured skull and it didn't make the local paper.

How many of us went to secondary school where underwear was stretched nearly over your head? Or your bra constantly being snapped? People are scum, but there's much worse happening out there that's not making the papers. Real assault.

• Advertisement

Jan Laco wrote: »
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-37600532

Was expecting to read about an assault but it's a story about two guys who come from behind and pull down a girls hijab on a street in London.

Should this really be considered as an attack? Should pranking school kids be charged when they pull a friends sports shorts down too?

IMO it's more privilege for these muslims, who shouldn't be wearing hijab here in the first place.

Why shouldn't ' these muslims' be wearing a hijab?
    Whats it got to do with you.
    If I want to walk down the street wearing a cape like batman, is that any of your business? Should anyone be allowed pull it off me?

Advertisement