Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

The ad with the guy cooking " mams lamb" while listening to a tape of his ( dead I assume) mother.......its so bad I dont even know what its supposed to be pushing

When he plays the tape backwards does he hear Mam telling him to murder that hussey who stole him from her?

spookwoman wrote: »
    That sight savers ad should be banned begging for money at this time when people are out of work etc. It's also too bloody long.

I actually pointed out to my dad how long that add is and pondered: how many people have to send in there 2 euro a month to just pay for the airtime of the ad? It's a real possibility that your 2 euro's isn't saving a childs sight, instead its paying for airtime of an ad you didn't want to see in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

The Trocaire as saying your love will save a child. It sounds nicer than saying give us your money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Kalimah

madmaggie wrote: »
    The Trocaire as saying your love will save a child. It sounds nicer than saying give us your money.

God I hate that one. It's trite to say the least. And I'm sure I recognise the voiceover, but can't for the life of me remember who it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

The new m&m ad is horrible. “I’m going to eat you alive right now” what demented depraved mind came up with that. Stuff of nightmares. Guess Scott finally got sick of coming home early.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭oneweb

Immersive advertising in General. Lidl's women in sport promo being the latest...
    - billboards
    - in-app
    - telly

Good cause but enough to make ya turn off out of sheer brainwashing.

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭trashcan

Till Love Conquers Fear ! Oh please.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

opel ad for the crosslander I think, family going on different outing, no more this no more that followed by well maybe tomorrow. Really bad ad, why not just have the car drive around the country side.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭oneweb

spookwoman wrote: »
    That sight savers ad should be banned begging for money at this time when people are out of work etc. It's also too bloody long.

Is that the one with the voiceover "Every time this child blanks... Every blank hurts... 50 blanks gets you this chequebook and pen..."?

It is what it's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Elmo wrote: »
    opel ad for the crosslander I think, family going on different outing, no more this no more that followed by well maybe tomorrow. Really bad ad, why not just have the car drive around the country side.

Or do what normal boring people do like go to the supermarket, drop kids off, work and repeat

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Not it's been mentioned but that new SuperValu ad drives me insane

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Just wondering if the guy from the Connacht Gold butter ad is the same "granddad" in the supervalu christmas advert?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

The chewing gum and with the couple on the sofa. Wasn't she a zombie in a previous ad?

That sexual assault ad in the park.

"Just admiring the view"

Then he steps in and puts his hand on his hip...then the woman scurrying away and the lad a few steps behind.

Stop excusing sexual violence they say...so what's the auld lad gonna do exactly?

The chewing gum and with the couple on the sofa. Wasn't she a zombie in a previous ad?

That's the magic of Wrigley's Extra.

Just saw an ad for Sunday World.

I'd like to congratulate the ad makers for making a parody of Sunday World while at the same time, being an ad for Sunday World.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Pussyhands wrote: »

"Just admiring the view"

Then he steps in and puts his hand on his hip...then the woman scurrying away and the lad a few steps behind.

Stop excusing sexual violence they say...so what's the auld lad gonna do exactly?

What anyone else would do.... dont get involved.....
    A younger "aul lad" would whip out his phone and put it on tic toc....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭trashcan

"Just admiring the view"

That tag line really annoys me. “Stop excusing sexual violence” oh, I’m sorry, I didn’t realise anyone was.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

trashcan wrote: »
    That tag line really annoys me. “Stop excusing sexual violence” oh, I’m sorry, I didn’t realise anyone was.

Theyre only short of him saying "..back in my day that was alright..":rolleyes:

I'd say a good 50% of people who are happily married from the 70s or 80s would have started out with sexual violence by todays standards!

• Advertisement

I'd say a good 50% of people who are happily married from the 70s or 80s would have started out with sexual violence by todays standards!

Don't think walking up to.a woman in a park and touching her up making her run away has often resulted in marriage all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,242 ✭✭✭Archeron

The new m&m ad is horrible. “I’m going to eat you alive right now” what demented depraved mind came up with that. Stuff of nightmares. Guess Scott finally got sick of coming home early.

What is with an m&ms bar? Hmm, do I want a bar? No, I'll have some sweets instead, I prefer them. Well how about putting those sweets.......IN A BAR!

Nuts and gum, together at last. Now with 70% more eating things alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

Just wondering if the guy from the Connacht Gold butter ad is the same "granddad" in the supervalu christmas advert?

Gilligan's back.

trashcan wrote: »

Oh yes I regularly excuse sexual violence.

FFS. Give me a break.

This material makes women feel less safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭scotchy

Don't like the new carbon monoxide canary ad, in his house with I assume his teenage daughter.
    The other ads I didn't mind so much.

scotchy wrote: »
    I was surprised that the word "Poxy" featured in it, but apart from that, as a Banjo player myself, I'm a fan.

Will be giving out about this on the Joe Duffy show this afternoon.

Edit, apparently it was yesterday, sorry
    :o

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

scotchy wrote: »
    Will be giving out about this on the Joe Duffy show this afternoon.

Edit, apparently it was yesterday, sorry
    :o

What was the complaint? I can't bring myself to find it on the radio playback.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭crazy 88

What was the complaint? I can't bring myself to find it on the radio playback.

The use of the word 'poxy' and the humorous approach to carbon monoxide poisoning. Despite it raising awareness and catching the attention of someone who might otherwise have died had they not bought a detector.

The usual morally outraged Mary types who call into Joe Duffy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

I love the Carbon monoxide ads. They're silly but catchy. I always think if it when checking the alarm. I can't believe anyone finds it offensive!

crazy 88 wrote: »
    The use of the word 'poxy' and the humorous approach to carbon monoxide poisoning. Despite it raising awareness and catching the attention of someone who might otherwise have died had they not bought a detector.

The usual morally outraged Mary types who call into Joe Duffy.

I was ( for my sins) listening to Joe Duffy yesterday......still don't get what the whinging/ bitching was actually about??? The first time I saw that ad I went & tested the co2 alarm---- which was the whole point of the ad ....so IMO that ad is a winner

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jk23

Just seen the new covid 19 advert, don't know what to make of it or how effective it will be

Advertisement