Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭crazy 88

still don't get what the whinging/ bitching was actually about???

That's what most sensible people say after listening to any Joe Duffy show

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Mam's Lamb or Nan's Lamb :rolleyes:

I thought it was a Bord Bia ad, but no its a Tesco ad.

Suppose its a step up from the creepy Christmas Family.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

Elmo wrote: »
    Mam's Lamb or Nan's Lamb :rolleyes:

I thought it was a Bord Bia ad, but no its a Tesco ad.

Suppose its a step up from the creepy Christmas Family.

But back when Nan was making leg of lamb she would hardly have used foreign ingredient's like garlic

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Tim76

But back when Nan was making leg of lamb she would hardly have used foreign ingredient's like garlic
    And everything would have been boiled to sh1te

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

And why would she make a recording......is he thick...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,639 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

ha youre right. Plus there was no Tesco in Ireland back in those days either.

That ad is absolutely doing my head in this past week.

"How much garlic?"
    "Like I always say you can never have too much"

Well yes you certainly can have too much garlic and completely ruin a leg of lamb if you use it in massive quantities, so much for your crappy recipe missus

And then the serving dish-
    "Break that and you're buying me a new one"

Shut up you stupid old whingebag, your constant whinging and moaning was bad enough when you were still alive and now youre still at it from beyond the grave. And your son is a complete idiot because he eats lamb thats completely ruined with too much garlic in your awful recipe. Its no wonder he doesnt have a wife because his breath stinks of garlic all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Also I wonder if the guy has mental problems. He's obviously listened to the tape multiple times yet still has to ask "What was that mam?" when she said about breaking the plate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭ollaetta

Horrible ad. I see the tape is marked 95 so were tapes even a thing as late as 95?

Also your man is supposed to be, say late 40s? In 95 he would have been early 20s and instead of out skulling pints with the lads he was making a tape with his auld wan about cooking lamb and garlic. Doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

ollaetta wrote: »
    Horrible ad. I see the tape is marked 95 so were tapes even a thing as late as 95?

They were. I got my first CD player in 1995, and at the time, CDs were expensive, like £10 or 15 a pop (yes, Irish pounds). The upshot was that although you might buy a CD of a band you were really into, for other stuff we would all get our mates to make tape copies of any CDs they bought.

And there is no way my mother would have been taping recipes for me, not when we could just write stuff down :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭Stovepipe

That Permanent TSB ad where the crinkly haired woman is out for a jog, spots a sign going up and the first person she texts is the PTSB guy. For eff's sake!!! When I bought my house, the bank official couldn't have radiated less enthusiasm if he tried.

• Advertisement

Stovepipe wrote: »
    That Permanent TSB ad where the crinkly haired woman is out for a jog, spots a sign going up and the first person she texts is the PTSB guy. For eff's sake!!! When I bought my house, the bank official couldn't have radiated less enthusiasm if he tried.

Then there's the follow up where she's having an affair with the mortgage guy. Meeting for a coffee, cheeky texts during the day, sly phone calls!

Then he arrives over, must have thought the boyfriend wasn't home.

He tells them the news officially they get the house, they hug and the Jim Gavin lookalike looks on with a smug grin thinking "I'm already shagged her in the bed of the new house, carrot top"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Also your man is supposed to be, say late 40s? In 95 he would have been early 20s and instead of out skulling pints with the lads he was making a tape with his auld wan about cooking lamb and garlic. Doubt it.

They definitely were a thing, i was still buying new albums on cassette up to about 2000.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Muahahaha wrote: »

That ad is absolutely doing my head in

Shut up you stupid old whingebag, your constant whinging and moaning was bad enough when you were still alive and now youre still at it from beyond the grave. And your son is a complete idiot because he eats lamb thats completely ruined with too much garlic in your awful recipe. Its no wonder he doesnt have a wife because his breath stinks of garlic all the time.

Tell us what you really think

This ad is getting to people so much it now has it's own thread entitled roast lamb bstard...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Stovepipe wrote: »

Ah yeah, but he wasn't trying to get into your knickers behind your OH's back now, was he? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭crazy 88

anewme wrote: »
    Tell us what you really think

This ad is getting to people so much it now has it's own thread entitled roast lamb bstard...

And I thought I had a problem when it came to disliking ads :D

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Windmill100000

Yeah, it's definitely not a true story ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭trashcan

Yeah, it's definitely not a true story ;)

Whaaaaat. ? You mean they’re lying to us ? Ah here. My faith in advertisers is now shattered. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Kewreeuss

I was wondering about that! Red onions didn’t exist in the shops before Lidl, and garlic while it was around just wasn’t used with lamb. It would have been mint sauce if anything! These bloody ads trying to rewrite history:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,976 ✭✭✭optogirl

What's that Mam?

Yes, the latest Covid ad regardless of your view point or anything else, is one scaremongering piece of ****. Vast majority of us are keeping to the guidelines and we are tired of the idea that it is our fault. (even those who have supposedly not followed the guidelines). It's been a year, this kind of ad is unnecessary.

I know but its not aimed at me, its aimed at all the people outside your local coffee shop. FFS.

• Advertisement

Elmo wrote: »
    Yes, the latest Covid ad regardless of your view point or anything else, is one scaremongering piece of ****. Vast majority of us are keeping to the guidelines and we are tired of the idea that it is our fault. (even those who have supposedly not followed the guidelines). It's been a year, this kind of ad is unnecessary.

I know but its not aimed at me, its aimed at all the people outside your local coffee shop. FFS.

You'd think at this stage if it was so dangerous people would know themselves.

Instead, the government keep having to tell us our grannies will die.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭irs

The media coverage of C***D has been dire. The contempt the media and various "experts" have for the public has really shown throughout this.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭irs

Pussyhands wrote: »
    Then there's the follow up where she's having an affair with the mortgage guy. Meeting for a coffee, cheeky texts during the day, sly phone calls!

Then he arrives over, must have thought the boyfriend wasn't home.

He tells them the news officially they get the house, they hug and the Jim Gavin lookalike looks on with a smug grin thinking "I'm already shagged her in the bed of the new house, carrot top"

I never really paid much attention to that ad and presumed the two of them were a couple. I like it a lot more now.

irs wrote: »
    I never really paid much attention to that ad and presumed the two of them were a couple. I like it a lot more now.

Yep....crinkly hair girl & smary mortgage guy are at it like rabbits........poor ole ginger patsy boyfriend guy hasn't a clue what going on......if she gets pregnant he'd want to be looking for paternity test

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭Stovepipe

he's banging her from behind so that she can appreciate the MDF headboard she'll be paying for for the next thirty years.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭FarmerBrowne

If mams lamb is the dogs b@llix why does he put the tape away until next year, would he not be making it more often.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Vodafone's together we can advert. Give, and I speak from experience, Vodafone can't even do a proper connection for 6 weeks plus, it is a case of we can't even fulfill a basic.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭hkjohn

Pussyhands wrote: »
    You'd think at this stage if it was so dangerous people would know themselves.

Instead, the government keep having to tell us our grannies will die.

Note to self: Remember to get granny to record some recipes before she carks it.

Dove Underarm deodorant.

Old woman talking about her unarm scar, very few people get to see your under arm scar and even if you wore a sleeveless top surely the wrinkles are now covering up what you might think is a scar at this stage of your life.

It mystifies me how we don't have more fat or unattractive older men on Gillette or Lynx ads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

That awful paddy power ad with Peter crouch and his wife in it

Hate it so much.

Advertisement