Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

The Ariel Pod ad.

pod pod poddy pod pod pod poddy pod pod pod poddy pod pod pod poddy pod podding...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

But back when Nan was making leg of lamb she would hardly have used foreign ingredient's like garlic

Completely

Most People of that generation ran scared from the likes of garlic or strong herbs

Boiled or roasted for hours on end

It was always plain plain plain

Maybe a little bit of mint sauce

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Completely

Most Women of that generation ran scared from the likes of garlic or strong herbs

Boiled or roasted for hours on end

It was always plain plain plain

Maybe a little bit of mint sauce

Defending Nan's Lamb.... she was ahead of her time ... prob set the VCR to record Simple Delicious with Darina Allen...

.... She ****ing recorded herself ....

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Pythagorean

Elmo wrote: »
    Dove Underarm deodorant.

Old woman talking about her unarm scar, very few people get to see your under arm scar and even if you wore a sleeveless top surely the wrinkles are now covering up what you might think is a scar at this stage of your life.

It mystifies me how we don't have more fat or unattractive older men on Gillette or Lynx ads.

Horrible ad, enough to turn you off women for life :(

We've saved four hundred and seventy-noine yo-roe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

The Fairy ad with that blonde yoke with the stupid named kid.....do they live in heaven or a hospital....:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,736 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Pussyhands wrote: »
    We've saved four hundred and seventy-noine yo-roe

They've been on the Aldi ads for a long time now. I suppose Covid 19 is probably to blame for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭ckeego

The Fairy ad with that blonde yoke with the stupid named kid.....do they live in heaven or a hospital....:confused:
    Ah, that’d be Vogue and Theodore...

ckeego wrote: »

Click and Clack no?

Anyone seen the new one for bank of Ireland with that muppet baz whatshisname? He's talking about finance but, wait for it, the BIG JOKE is that " finance" is being sold as a naughty " f" word...oh sweet jesus, its a NEW LOW

• Advertisement

Anyone seen the new one for bank of Ireland with that muppet baz whatshisname? He's talking about finance but, wait for it, the BIG JOKE is that " finance" is being sold as a naughty " f" word...oh sweet jesus, its a NEW LOW

MAMMY MAMMY

Those GoCompare ads where the ad is less about GoCompare and more about the fat singer dressed with the moustache.

Who cares if you're a real singer or not??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭Wallet Inspector

Noo shoes awredy?

Muhbee we should concentrut on the shoes?

Stage Cark - no!
    That awful paddy power ad with Peter crouch and his wife in it

Hate it so much.
    I find it really mean! I know he's in on it and makes plenty of money but same can't be said for other gangly lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,993 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

First spotted it tonight, I'd say it will be wall to wall for the next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Aska

ckeego wrote: »

Theo got the bullet, there's a new baby girl there now on the ones I have seen.

Celchick wrote: »
    I find it really mean! I know he's in on it and makes plenty of money but same can't be said for other gangly lads.

I actually think the others in the ad are much more annoying.

"Even the Irish would back this English Banker" FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,017 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Uff, he's got his own podcast now.
    Baz, I'm sorry, you speak as if you're drunk and you're not really all that funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭ckeego

Aska wrote: »
    Called Sneachta or Peony, I presume?!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Coincide

I hate the It's a Chip ad with a passion. Ironically my windscreen cracked last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

I love the Carbon monoxide ads. They're silly but catchy. I always think if it when checking the alarm. I can't believe anyone finds it offensive!

I absolutely HATE that ad. I don't watch much live TV but when I do I mute that.

• Advertisement

Coincide wrote: »
    I hate the It's a Chip ad with a passion. Ironically my windscreen cracked last week.

Your post reminded me of " my name is Earl".......ain't karma a batch?????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

Aska wrote: »

Theo's back baby.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,242 ✭✭✭Archeron

Magnum double gold caramel billionaire ice cream.
    What a **** name for a product, but in the ad a young woman is walking through a spookily abandoned underground train station when she randomly decides, oooh, this is a good time for an ice pop. While passing a badly snot stained mirror she encounters her doppelganger who looks like she's straight off the set of the Matrix, and decides to have a good old abandoned subway caramel billionaire doppelganger dance off.

As you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

I am also delighted that the Avonmore man "Lets get stuck into them" is gone after the weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Pythagorean

There's a recent ad where they keep bombarding you with "REMOTE", and the different meanings it has, I think it has something to do with Virgin media, but it annoys me so much, that I just use the REMOTE to douse it immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,639 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I think that ad with REMOTE is Three Mobile and yeah I agree it is dumb, "Here at Three we understand different words have different meanings", well stone the crows aren't you lot amazing linguists :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭FarmerBrowne

Coincide wrote: »

Are you sure its cracked? It might be just a trick of your mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

Muahahaha wrote: »
    I think that ad with REMOTE is Three Mobile and yeah I agree it is dumb, "Here at Three we understand different words have different meanings", well stone the crows aren't you lot amazing linguists :rolleyes:

We understand, and most importantly, WE CARE. Can't you see how much we care!? Caring!

The Lidl "level the playing field" ad.

I think it just comes across that womens GAA has a massive chip on their shoulder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Acosta

The latest annoying AIB "Backing Brave" ad. Why does the voiceover actor sound like someone is tickling his balls?

Advertisement