Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭oneweb

newmember? wrote: »
    Housebarrassment

Gawd, newmember, one of your kitchen doors is a bit crooked. Shouldn't you get a new kitchen ffs?!

So, eh, I can't be the only one thinking that if I pointed the webcam at a shiny new kitchen with top-of-the-range appliances that, perhaps the boss would think I must earn too much?

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Kumejima

EICVD wrote: »
    The buck toothed Billy Elliott wannabe Vodafone ad

If this kid hasn't been horribly bullied by his schoolmates there is no hope for Western Civilisation. We need to reopen the schools if only for this purpose

• Registered Users Posts: 15,761 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Plus I don't get the advert/ brand either... they can't exclude anyone based on gender, including men.

It's just a brand. I saw somewhere a guy got insured by them.

Oral B - "Where do dentists go to brush their teeth? They go home!" :facepalm:

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

Any ad that uses CGI to make animals dance or talk. It's not funny. At all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Zak Flaps wrote: »
    Any ad that uses CGI to make animals dance or talk. It's not funny. At all.

Ditto ones that use 'talking babies'... it's creepy, not cute.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭crazy 88

The Vicks nasal spray ad that implies it can kill viruses. Flu pandemic = $$$

crazy 88 wrote: »

Might as well just try the bleach.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

That stuff is excellent. Saves me getting about 4/5 colds per season. It's been out for about 20 years. They stopped advertising it because it worked and it stopped people buying their other products.

I agree that advertising now is a bit cynical alright.

Gen.Zhukov wrote: »
    That stuff is excellent. Saves me getting about 4/5 colds per season. It's been out for about 20 years. They stopped advertising it because it worked and it stopped people buying their other products.

I agree that advertising now is a bit cynical alright.

You mean it stops you from getting the symptoms

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

You mean it stops you from getting the symptoms

Covid-19 aside, it stops a cold developing after the first symptoms.

ie. you wake up in the morning and the nose is a bit runny and you just know there's a cold incoming. Do nothing and the cold takes hold.

A few squirts of first defence up the snout during the day and that's that. No cold develops.

Gen.Zhukov wrote: »
    Covid-19 aside, it stops a cold developing after the first symptoms.

ie. you wake up in the morning and the nose is a bit runny and you just know there's a cold incoming. Do nothing and the cold takes hold.

A few squirts of first defence up the snout during the day and that's that. No cold develops.

That sounds like a cure for the cold virus. I hope the EU is buying up stocks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

In the 'no screens at the table' ad, the mother, son and daughter are all shown looking at screens. I don't think the Dad character gets a look in.

madmaggie wrote: »
    In the 'no screens at the table' ad, the mother, son and daughter are all shown looking at screens. I don't think the Dad character gets a look in.

He's making the dinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

oneweb wrote: »
    That noise creeps me out. It's like something out of stranger things.

Vodafone ad;
    Are the "cracks" not branches?
    She follows to attic finds out she is descended fro GBS? As he left a book there in the 1980's ( by the look of cover).
    Why are all network ads so puke?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,718 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Archeron wrote: »
    Fairy and their stupid tough baby character
    Ever since i was a little kid, fairy for me was associated with softness and gentle touch, bubbles bouncing off fresh snuggly towels and giggly babies chuffed to bits with their soft warm woolly blankets.

The new tough baby destroys that whole association and the whole image I always had of fairy. Now it's just another really annoying ad mascot, albeit one that might get shot selling drugs behind the microwave.

At least they changed the voice from the gravelly voiced one that sounded like Ray Winston in a bad film to a more softer one. Whoever signs off on these ads is an idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Have they cut the amount of things the Mother askes for?

Also the An Post Money add with the little smart arse kid. Sorry but he's to intelligent to be cute .... "what's finance?" ....

I know your either a smart arse kid or a talentless bucked toothed one... :pac: I blame the parents.

I assumed she was a single mother executive type.

Nuds on rugs.

I wouldn't have thought the word 'nuds' could be regionalised to Ireland :confused:

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,027 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Furthermore to that ad, the young nerdy lad role-playing as some army general wouldn't last thirty seconds in military training :D

• Advertisement

I assumed she was a single mother executive type.

Maybe she's muttering "if the other half was back from work now there's no way you'd get away with that, ya little brat."

It is what it's.

Maybe she's muttering "if the other half was back from work now there's no way you'd get away with that, ya little brat."

I'm just wondering if everyone thinks the little lad is actually making the dinner then? It's completely obvious, Dad's doing the cooking, the small child is setting the table, and the other three are engrossed in their phones. That would also very simply explain why Dad isn't similarly sitting around on his phone. There's really nothing to see here.

Nuds on rugs.

I wouldn't have thought the word 'nuds' could be regionalised to Ireland :confused:

Nugs, as in nuggets.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

I'm just wondering if everyone thinks the little lad is actually making the dinner then? It's completely obvious, Dad's doing the cooking, the small child is setting the table, and the other three are engrossed in their phones. That would also very simply explain why Dad isn't similarly sitting around on his phone. There's really nothing to see here.

The kid has made the dinner and set the table. He's under there thumb, he needs to be rescued from these morons quickly. The Dad is on anti-depressants you can see he just sitting at the table waiting for his dinner as he looks jealously at his high power wife, he's even had to start an affair with his 75 year old widowed neighbour, that's where he gets his anti-depressants from. Meanwhile his wife doesn't want to tell him she was made redundant and is only on Zoom to a work friend who is also pretending to be at work. The wife knows fine well were his "covid" walks bring him.

Its one ****ed up family.

Elmo, that's brilliant ����
    Thanks for making me laugh this miserable day.

Shampoo bars, a fancy name for a bar of soap?

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭WildWater

Radio5 wrote: »
    I suppose the Permanent TSB ad has been mentioned here before? The one with the slightly stalkerish looking bank official?

This one cracks me up. All I can think is: He’s not happy for them. He’s smugly smiling knowing they are going to be part paying his wages for the next 30 years.
    There’s one I think it’s for Laya healthcare that I can’t stand. It has the tag line “what will Niamh switch next” It has a very smug looking woman switching things around in her life. Then staring smugly at her husband (who looks afraid of her) because he’s dared to put a teabag in the sink. So stupid.

Have I got this right, he takes the teabag out of the sink and puts it back into the mug - WTF!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,895 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Nuds on rugs.

What the hell are nuds?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,907 ✭✭✭trashcan

Elmo wrote: »
    The kid has made the dinner and set the table. He's under there thumb, he needs to be rescued from these morons quickly. The Dad is on anti-depressants you can see he just sitting at the table waiting for his dinner as he looks jealously at his high power wife, he's even had to start an affair with his 75 year old widowed neighbour, that's where he gets his anti-depressants from. Meanwhile his wife doesn't want to tell him she was made redundant and is only on Zoom to a work friend who is also pretending to be at work. The wife knows fine well were his "covid" walks bring him.

:D:D. People are really overthinking this ad. (What is going on between the wife and Tom is the real question !)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Elmo wrote: »

:D

Advertisement